Not another digital camera tsv!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

louise66

Registered Shopper
How do you know when to purchase a digital camera from QVC? They seem to be a bit like buses - another one will come along in a minute. So the scenario is you lay out a few hundred quid on one, only for QVC to offer what you may feel is a more superior one for what you want. Each one they show is the best thing since sliced bread. so how do you know when to believe them?
Too much choice can be a bad thing in my opinion. But then, I'm like that with many things; if there are too many colour options, for example, I refraini from buying any as I can't make my mind up which to go for!

How do you know when to purchase a digital camera from QVC? They seem to be a bit like buses - another one will come along in a minute. So the scenario is you lay out a few hundred quid on one, only for QVC to offer what you may feel is a more superior one for what you want. Each one they show is the best thing since sliced bread. so how do you know when to believe them?
Too much choice can be a bad thing in my opinion. But then, I'm like that with many things; if there are too many colour options, for example, I refraini from buying any as I can't make my mind up which to go for!
They do the same with other things as well, i.e. yankee candles, beauty tsv"s norther nights and i could go on and on with the same old things, again and again. They seem to be running out of ideas, getting to be like Ideal World, but not quite that bad yet :down:

Except that when I was looking at the website for a camera the other day there was nothing. Well, one compact which was on waitlist and a couple of bridge. I was expecting dozens.

I'm a big Canon fan and was sorely tempted with this one. I have a super Panasonic Lumix, bought from QVC two years ago, but the specs on this one are better. I hope I can restrain myself after I have had a few drinks tonight!!

i have the same Panasonic Calvin and have not been able to resist. Can compare as it is on easy pay and return it if the performance isn't significantly better.

i have the same Panasonic Calvin and have not been able to resist. Can compare as it is on easy pay and return it if the performance isn't significantly better.

NOOOOOOOOOO!!!! Please don't tempt me further, Flying Pigs!! I have a photographer/artist friend who swears by Canon and uses their DSLR, compact and video cameras and I trust her judgement. I've done a privce check, and La Q's TSV price is very good indeed, never mind the 3 easypays. I think I've just talked myself into it! :blush: What colour did you go for, FP?

And it does have 12 megapixels, two more than the Panasonic.....

Tell me, did you get good results from your Panasonic? I love mine and it got me started taking pictures and it was the best £75 I have spent in a long time! People have told me Panasonic Lumix lenses are first class. My daughter has a Panasonic bridge camera and she has had some fantastic results.

I love it but have been advised the optical zoom will improve my pics. Hence buying from QVC I can send it back if it is not any better and not have comitted the dosh.

trust me there is yet more camera's coming up but there is also a camcorder

Thanks SCW. They"re not very original, are they, there seems to be a more
mega bixel camera every week, you think you have the best and then 4
weeks later another one comes along :mysmilie_490:

I wish they would sell a canon SLR camera on easy pays.
That would make a change from compacts and bridge cameras.

I missed the courier, Flying Pigs and have to wait until Friday until I am off and can sign for it. Can't wait to hear how you are getting on with it.

Battery did not take long to charge so I have been having a go with it Calvin. It is quite easy to work out how to use it but decided to print off the manual as it was too fiddly looking at it on the computer screen for working out the fiddly bits.You need to have the camera charged to install the other software. Just been trying out some of the effects like the fish eye. It works well on the automatic and the zoom is effective. Haven't printed anything off yet. Fingers crossed. My courier delivered it at 5.55!

Latest posts

Back