No postage paid!!!!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

petpixie

Registered Shopper
I received a note through the door at the beginning of the week saying I had to pick up a letter from the post office as it it had insufficient postage paid. OH collected it today (it cost £1.30) and it was a letter from QVC dated 11th Sept saying my a/c was in arrears and to pay up or I would no longer be allowed to shop with them (or words to that effect) I was puzzled :confused: at this point.... why no postage on the letter.......why did it take so long to reach me......why hadn't they contacted me by phone?
Phoned CS and spoke to someone who had got out of the wrong side of bed, he briefly apologised for no postage and not phoning and said my card which I had used for the easy pays had expired. He said the postal strikes had probably delayed the letter.
Anyway I'm a bit miffed that they resorted to sending a rather unpleasant letter rather than a quick phone call which would have sorted the problem out there and then. I'm a good customer and it's quite poor CS in my book.

I'm pretty sure a quick call to you about the expired card would have sorted this !, many of us use easy pay and forget the card we use will expire before all the payments are taken (I know I have).

I'm pretty sure a quick call to you about the expired card would have sorted this !, many of us use easy pay and forget the card we use will expire before all the payments are taken (I know I have).

Me, too. And when it happened, they phoned me up and updated my details to my new card. Much better than a nasty letter and, to add insult to injury, making you pay the postage.

They must've changed their policy in the last 2 years - and not for the better.

disgusting. especially considering that they take the expiry date of the card when you order. sloppy.

Thats disgusting CS. I thin k they must have changed the rules because it has happened to me, and I got a phone call and a lovely lady who put my mind at rest ( I was very embarrassed lol ) and the card number was switched over no problems

Thats disgusting CS. I thin k they must have changed the rules because it has happened to me, and I got a phone call and a lovely lady who put my mind at rest ( I was very embarrassed lol ) and the card number was switched over no problems

Ive had 2 cards that had expired in one case and I had had to cancel the other as I had lost it , Both times QVC phoned me and I rectified it in seconds , they where really nice and helpful . They way you have been treated is not acceptable

I had a letter when my card had expired it was for an item on auto delivery. They said unfortunately they were unable to dispatch the item due to a problem with the credit card.
I did panic, butI phoned CS and a lovely lady explained what had happened, took my new details and said it happens all the time.
The tone of your letter sounds horrible, i think they forget how much money we spend with them!!
To expect you to pay the postage is adding insult to injury.

I don't think that the lack of postage would have been deliberate. QVC probably send out 100s of letters out a day and so I suspect that it is an automated system - it is possible that two letters/envelopes got pulled into the franking machine together so only one of them was stamped and your one which may have been under another one got missed.

Pretty shonky state of affairs I'd say. If it was me I'd have insisted that when they updated my card details they can also refund the extra postage I had to fork out for at the same time. And apologise for the tone of the letter.

Pretty shonky state of affairs I'd say. If it was me I'd have insisted that when they updated my card details they can also refund the extra postage I had to fork out for at the same time. And apologise for the tone of the letter.

Totally agree, they've always been really nice when my cards have expired...especially as they have the details recorded, so like other companies they could actually send out an email to remind us to update the details.

Extremely poor service...and poor business practice.

Latest posts

Back