No!no!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

W

WhyMe?

Guest Shopper
Came over to see if anyone has been talking about this... has anyone tried this? Is it any goods?

Looks a bit scary - don't want to find out in a year that this technology causes something nasty :wonder:.

Reviews in the past stated that it did not work on all hair types (not grey for example) and skin colours, but Debbie Flint is implying that this one does.
A new version?

Thanks for the heads up Ophelia - I've just cancelled my order!

The model shown in your link does seem to be the older version BUT the newer model also gets slated on Amazon so I thought I'd save myself the hassle.

If only they could invent something that did actually work....:thinking:

I'd already replied to this thread: http://forum.shoppingtelly.com/forum/showthread.php?33249-Beauty-Tools-amp-Accessories-TSV-8-4-12&highlight=tools+accessories

Just to add, I started by using it regularly as directed and the hair on my legs is more sparse than before. Now I just use it as a quick hair removal that doesn't interfere with applying fake tan. If I wax/epilate, shave or use depilitary cream I'd have to wait 24 hours or risk a reaction or dotty follicles that grab the tan.

I'm not sure why some hair colours wouldn't see results, it's not using IPL but just burns the hair (I'm not sure high temperatures discriminate between hair colour, tho I don't recommend you put a match to granny's do to test the theory). I suspect people don't use it consistently at first and expect the hair growth to stop after a month; it won't.

The replaceable heads seem to last ages for me but I'd say it's sometimes hard to tell they need replacing so I got around this just by trying a new head to see whether it worked better, if it didn't I'd swap back for a few more goes.

I didn't get along with the buffing discs because my legs didn't take kindly to being sanded (I couldn't use the buffing pads they used to sell on infomercial either) But TBH if you keep doing the nono every other day there's v little left above the surface. If you're left with "burnt stubble" on the surface a flannel or towel would probably rub it away.

I still shave my pits because the head of my older model nono doesn't fit very well and also felt too hot, but I should say I never got to grips with using an epilator there either.

HTH

Jude xx

Its on screen now and the guest has just said it works on all hair colour..I was looking to buy it but now won`t bother as its for my face (lip and chin) I was put on hormone replacement because of an early hysterectomy and that caused my problems!! :-(

I was tempted fed up of shaving and hate epilation or waxing but having read some reviews and on here my credit card will be staying in my purse. There are some horror stories about people being burnt by it will save my money and start saving up for the Phillips IPL system

I think the old version (IPL?) only worked for light skinned and darker haired people. I remember reading a review criticising QVC for not pointing this out when it was first launched. Naturally, those old reviews have disappeared.
This new version seems to work by singeing the hair & I can imagine that could cause problems, especially on the face.

I have the old one and it singes, an IPL system would be far more expensive. All versions of the Nono! sold in the UK use "thermicon" (ie their word for heat) technology. I think some reviewers were confused; it doesn't discriminate between hair colour like Intense Pulsed Light (afaik).

The initial hair removal isn't as thorough or long-lasting as epilating but the cumulative effect has been good for me: my hair grows back sparser and at a slower rate. But I don't use mine over the winter, if I used it all year round I imagine the cumulative effect might be better.

I'll concede that they over-play this long-term effect because in the real world no one would diligently use it every other day. I also cringe when they talk about "crystalising" the hair, when they mean burn. Also it smells like burning hair so dressing it up to say it's not so bad may be building another expectation that the unit can't live up to.

Jude xx

Why on earth do they go on flogging it then? The returns rate must be so high. Do they have some sort of binding contract with the manufaturer?

NoNo the company must still be making money inspite of the returns, I wonder how much each unit costs to make? Pennies maybe?

Just to clarify my nono is the older version with just one setting and is mains powered not rechargable.

Jude xx

Latest posts

Back