No more Leighton Denny...

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Anso

Registered Shopper
FYI: Contacted QVC to ask when there might be more Leighton Denny on QVC as it feels like it's been ages since there was last an hour. I got told there was no hours planned at the moment and wrote back to get clarification on this. The answer? "we have no plans to stock the range at the moment"

I miss the LD shows. I used to watch every one on an LD TSV day and never got bored.

I wonder what really happened after Leighton himself stopped appearing. Did sales fall right off (especially with the poor new manicurist presenter Emma who couldn't paint nails well for the life of her)? Or did QVC have problems trying to force such good deals out of the company? Or both? You do seem to see the polishes in a lot more places now so after Q lost the exclusivity, maybe they had a strop because they could no longer charge a premium for it.

Not that long ago I saw on Q FB that brand was rebranding and would be back in January

Such a pity, used to love watching Leighton. So professional & a great sense of humour, stood no make cow deposit from the presenters.
That's pretty much it fir me with QVC & nail polish. Don't get on with OPI & have enough Nails Inc to paint a fleet of battleships.

Not that long ago I saw on Q FB that brand was rebranding and would be back in January

We can always hope! (Though I did get this info from QVC today).

I always enjoyed watching the shows too (well...until Emma anyway).

Leighton was indeed brilliant, a gifted nail technician and a brilliant at demonstrating his products. It all seemed to go downhill once he left, along with Nina soon after.

What a shame if he doesn't come back! One of Q's best brands and he was entertaining to Watch! Products are Super too! :mysmilie_7:

Gone the way of a lot of QVC brands, now being sold at Marks n Sparks for full price with no need to pimp yourself out or bow to Q's fabled 'buying power' thereby reducing your profit margin to the price of a packet of Walkers' ready salted

Well I predicated that this would happen. I have seen it before, been with QVC since the beginning. I like his file but not much else. M&S don't stock in every branch. Mine does not sell the full range of beauty they have online. If you ask you get you can't get online!

met him at the beauty bash he was lovely very funny sad hes gone...i can see he does not take any passengers qvc could never manage him

I wonder if they make up these posh names eg Leighton to sound up-market.

I had a neighbour who was a financial adviser called St John (pronounced singe-un). He parked his Bentley in his driveway as a status symbol (he could have put it in the garage).

Turns out it was a made up posh name, he was a confidence trickster running a ponsy scheme, and ended up in prison.

met him at the beauty bash he was lovely very funny sad hes gone...i can see he does not take any passengers qvc could never manage him

I think that's why I liked him so much. And his irreverence, such as asking Claire Sutton why she was talking posh when (according to him) she doesn't backstage, telling Alison Young she doesn't know everything about beauty, telling the producers he hated the lighting and/or camera angles, his accidental double-entendres which appealed to my sense of humour. Oh, Leighton, why did you have to go?!
:mysmilie_476:

I went to a posh hair salon back in the late seventies and all the male stylists had funny names must have been for professional purposes.

I wonder if they make up these posh names eg Leighton to sound up-market.

I had a neighbour who was a financial adviser called St John (pronounced singe-un). He parked his Bentley in his driveway as a status symbol (he could have put it in the garage).

Turns out it was a made up posh name, he was a confidence trickster running a ponsy scheme, and ended up in prison.

It may be that Leighton is a family name - may be his mum's maiden name even. He's of an age where in some parts of the North of England (and maybe Scotland too) where first born son's were given their mother's maiden name as a first name. I grew up in the North East, with most of my family in Scotland, and there were a number of people I knew (some no longer with us) who had, frankly, bizarre first names... until it was explained why. I had an uncle called Lang, one of my dad's friends was called Hedley - neither would be an obvious first name choice...

Also I would say that Leighton isn't really a posh name. England footballer Leighton Baines, anybody?

Latest posts

Back