no cheques

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

a lost customer but will it make any difference ?

i will be a lost customer for qvc but with the amount of customers they have it probably wont bother them. i live in ireland and dont have and dont want a credit card at present. i have a debit card but le Q wont accept it like some but it is accepted on a few sites including CD wow. i used to pay with a sterling bank draft from my irish bank but it was processed like a cheque so thats the end for me for now . probably a good thing in a way as most of the items at Q towers are expensive, postage costs a disgrace when compared to other sites and many are cheaper for the items they stock.

a lot of money will be saved which is good and if i am really stuck for an item i can phone a friend:grin:

Although I have great sympathy with anyone unable to use a credit card, they can still, presumably use their debit card instead (essentially the same thing) although I can see the problem for people outside the UK.
And I suppose QVC might argue that their 30-day money back thing is what gives people options. Perhaps they are getting too many people who are ordering this way and then cancelling. This must make monitoring stock levels very difficult.

Okay lets look at it from QVC's point. You click pay by cheque they have to wait for the payment, whether you end up using cheque or change to debit or credit card. So people decide they want said product and its sold out that day but they have had to go on wait list. They have to wait for you to decide one way or the other.

QVC take only debit and credit cards then the money comes straight out of your account they have your money there and then. They know how much stock is sold and done and dusted.

Wonder how many don't phone of email and cancel if they use cheques or postal orders or just wait for the 10 days and let it drop off?

There was talk at one point of banks phasing cheques out completely by 2018 but I think it has been temporarily withdrawn due to the lack of a suitable alternative. Lots of retailers have stopped accepting them though so not really surprised that QVC have gone down this route. Have to agree that in the current financial situation you'd think they'd be doing everything they can to hang onto as many customers as possible and this will rule those out who have no debit or credit card facility :taphead:

I do like your username OMT - you don't work at the Birchwood outlet do you?? :nod:

I do like your username OMT - you don't work at the Birchwood outlet do you?? :nod:

Frazzled I know two forum members who do NTA and AVLSI.

They are NoTrolleysAllowed and AlwaysVeryLittleStockIn.

:wink:

Lots of retailers have stopped taking cheques for payments so QVC and other online retailers were bound to follow

I suppose people who relied on the cheque hold system could cancel the order within 7 days under the DSR if they really wanted to but Donna has a point that if someone puts an item on cheque hold and then cancels it someone may have missed out especially if it was on a special price

No, I don't Frazzled I'm actually a seaside landlady .... OffMeTrolley is just a summary of my state of mind most of the time ... mind you, your username would equally suit me quite well too :grin:

there is no option online to cancel which i think is 1 a bit odd and 2 doesn't help their stock control. if you order online, you want to cancel online. phoning CS is always such a palaver.

there is no option online to cancel which i think is 1 a bit odd and 2 doesn't help their stock control. if you order online, you want to cancel online. phoning CS is always such a palaver.

Plus you never can cancel even if payment hasn't gone through let alone an item left the warehouse.

Mak, if you don't want to use a credit card, you could try a cash credit account. works the same as a credit card, but you have to put the money in first, so much the same as a debit card.

Can not even remember the last time I used a cheque
Do I have a chequebook even??? Wonder how much longer before cheques are a thing of the past

Latest posts

Back