NN TSV on 22/06?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Purplepig

Registered Shopper
Just wondering if anyone knows what the 'Luxury Northern Nights' TSV is going to be on tuesday? :thinking:

I haven't used my easy-pay code yet :happy::happy::happy:

I haven't used mine yet - I knew this would be the week that I would be tempted - with birkenstock,NN and diamonique day (also kipling,but the voucher date would have expired then,I think?)

Currently decorating my bedroom,so would be interested to know what this is also:happy:

it will be a luxuriously flimsy higher than high thread count bedding that creases and looks remakably cheap compared to the high street.

sales are currently on in the big department stores i will save my pennies for something that will look pristine on my bed and not like chopped spinach!

I'm a textile scientist (only English 4 yr degree) and I adore Northern Nights bedding, I totally get the count thingy :up: and my only problem (I wash it at 60degrees)has been the elastic

I have ME and not pressing bedding was for yrs a huge problem, and my NN bedding after hanging/drying on the washing line almost fulfills my needs

My Hubby is a beef farmer, so spends his life in wellies and heavy socks, and he gets the high thread counts too; it's just heaven on your feet.

At worst if you hate it, it's a few ££ to send back, my biggest problem (but not unsurmountable) has been keeping pale blue bedding, pale blue, with a man who works an average of 96hours a week amongst beef cattle, daily baths aren't daily, well 6am-9pm too tired

That was a dissapointing TSV offering :mysmilie_496:

The NN sheet sets and duvet covers I've bought so far have been lovely and silky soft ... and I haven't had any problems with any of them (apart from one set of sheets which were meant to be lilac but turned into silver grey once they were on the bed), maybe I've just been lucky.

But I do wish they would give a better choice of purchase options though; the duvet cover with two h/w pillowcases as one set; and then a matching sheet set (one flat; one fitted; two h/w pillowcases) as another..... with a nice discount if you buy both together of course! :grin:
I can't be the only one with a king size duvet on a double bed!

- especially as they don't really do much in the way of sheet sets either - unless you want flannel that is ... and I don't :sweat::doh:

high thread count aint everything

I'm a textile scientist (only English 4 yr degree) and I adore Northern Nights bedding, I totally get the count thingy :up: and my only problem (I wash it at 60degrees)has been the elastic

I have ME and not pressing bedding was for yrs a huge problem, and my NN bedding after hanging/drying on the washing line almost fulfills my needs

My Hubby is a beef farmer, so spends his life in wellies and heavy socks, and he gets the high thread counts too; it's just heaven on your feet.

At worst if you hate it, it's a few ££ to send back, my biggest problem (but not unsurmountable) has been keeping pale blue bedding, pale blue, with a man who works an average of 96hours a week amongst beef cattle, daily baths aren't daily, well 6am-9pm too tired

the problem with the two northern nights sets that i have purchased is the thread to start with is so thin that the fabric has no weight to it its too flimsy so it creases more than any other bedding i have bought elsewhere.flimsy is not a good thing in bedding and flimsy is not soft its cheap. the set i kept cost nearly £90.00 and i can buy french or italian superb bedding in the sale on the high street for that.

maybe i was unlucky but to have to iron bedding even if it is cotton every day to keep the creases out seems very odd to me.

it is comfortable but i have also found that other bedding that i have had for 8 years or more are looking much better than my nn offerings 3 months old.:yawn:

the problem with the two northern nights sets that i have purchased is the thread to start with is so thin that the fabric has no weight to it its too flimsy so it creases more than any other bedding i have bought elsewhere.flimsy is not a good thing in bedding and flimsy is not soft its cheap. the set i kept cost nearly £90.00 and i can buy french or italian superb bedding in the sale on the high street for that.

maybe i was unlucky but to have to iron bedding even if it is cotton every day to keep the creases out seems very odd to me.

it is comfortable but i have also found that other bedding that i have had for 8 years or more are looking much better than my nn offerings 3 months old.:yawn:

I am def with you onthat. Have bought NN, and it is now confinded to the back of the airing cupboard. Bought some nice stuff in the TKMaxx sale with 280 threat count and I do not have to iron that at all (?) also have some bedding from Ikea which I am very pleased with. My life is not long enough to iron bedding.:giggle:

I don't have a huge amount of NN - but what I do have,I really like.I have 3 high threadcount and endless flannel.I can only speak of the stuff I have,and I think its really high quality.

My bedroom is currently midway through redocoration - so I was really in the market for some new linens.Last week,I went to a high street deptartment store - and spent just over £80 on a duvet cover and 4 pillowcases (no fitted bottom sheet)- neither particularly high quality (no mention of thread count) nor a named brand - I bought it because the pattern on the duvet matched something else in my bedroom.So with that in mind,I don't think some of NN's prices are that bad.

Today I was really after a lilac set,although traditionally I always buy and prefer just white.

Really disappointed with today's offering.Could go for any of the colours apart from really the blue,to match my new decor - but don't actually like any of them.In a strange way,they remind me of the linens my mum had on her bed,in the early seventies.

Was desperate to use my 3 easy pay - so may trawl the clearance for a nicer set in a colorway I actually want and like!

NN stuff is nice, but if, like me you have a double quilt on a single bed, the kits are no good. I now many people who do this, so maybe they should do a pick and mix?

Latest posts

Back