Ninja 700 Processor.... Which side of the fence?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

BurlyBeaR

Registered Shopper
After the recent TSV the reviews seem to polarise opinion between "best thing ever" to "pile of pants".

I know several FM's bought it so how's it worked out? I'm particularly sceptical about dough making.

Jilly just demo'd it and tha frozen fruit ice cream totally failed. "berries too frozen" apparently. Ha ha.

I made the frozen ice cream with some frozen strawberries, I has frozen my elf and fresh cream, and it turned out lovely,
I even put what i didnt use back in the freezer and it came out just as nice,
I tried making pastry but although it was fine, it couldnt do anymore than 8oz, dont think I would make a cake with it as i dont think the jug is right for cake making,
you need a bowl really, and I did a banana and pineapple smoothie and that was nice as well.

Oh and Ive wizzed digestive biscuits in it for a biscuit base, better than bashing them in a plastic bag.

I will keep it, because I dont have a liquidiser, but I dont think it will get used for much else,
I wouldnt let hubby chop onions in it the other day, I hate onions and was worried i wouldnt get rid of the smell

My older version of this is kept in the cupboard, keep forgetting about it. But just cant imagine "The Burlybear "
making doough...................................:giggle:

I would if I had a machine that did it!

As i dont I nip round to the Spar for a packet of barm cakes.

To anyone who has either the 500watt or 700 watt Ninja, could you answer me a couple of quick questions? Do the cups/jugs go in the dishwasher (I know they do officially but do they take up tons of space?!) And also, is the pulse setting (don't think it has a continuous?) enough to properly puree? I have a good blender but it is quite big, needs quite a lot in it for effective pureeing and then takes up half a dishwasher shelf (and is a bit of a pain to hand wash). I'm wondering if the Ninja might be better for blending small portions - am due to have a baby in Oct and am really looking for something with which I can blend a small portion of a home made meal without using up most of my dishwasher!

Many thanks for any opinions - I've dithered twice over this TSV and am now trying to get myself motivated! :handshake:

Congratulations on the baby. I"ve used the 500 one for pureeing soup and i think it would be great for doing
babies dinners, just the right size. Its got pulse on it and a continous button. The jugs arent that big and i
clean them in the dishwasher, but you could always do them by hand, if youre worried to much about space.
Why not try it under the 30 MBG, the perfect excuse, get it home if you don"t like it they pick it up and take
it back. Not that much of a hasstle, to make sure its what yo want to use it for :thinking:

How much more expensive is it now than when it was the TSV? Can anyone remember?

Also, I see it's on EP now, it wasn't when it was the TSV. I don't use EP to be honest, but I know a lot of people do.
I get the feeling that QVC are willing to offer EP on this now that it's more expensive.

Cynical, me? Never.

Congratulations on the baby. I"ve used the 500 one for pureeing soup and i think it would be great for doing
babies dinners, just the right size. Its got pulse on it and a continous button. The jugs arent that big and i
clean them in the dishwasher, but you could always do them by hand, if youre worried to much about space.
Why not try it under the 30 MBG, the perfect excuse, get it home if you don"t like it they pick it up and take
it back. Not that much of a hasstle, to make sure its what yo want to use it for :thinking:

Thanks SparklyBarbs that's fab info, really helpful :up: Yes I think this may be one of those times where the 30day MBG comes into its own, especially if it's heavy enough to warrant a collection if it goes back (that self same thought went through my mind after I posted earlier!)
Thanks for the congrats too :hi:

Latest posts

Back