New Years Resolutions!!!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Babytoes, always check e-bay, there are lots of sellers who do good deals on LG, also check the American e-bay cos very often they'll ship over here. I've had one or two nice bits of LG from e-bay sellers.

QVC are about to get my version of "The Letter" this week as I was really unimpressed with their 'guaranteed Xmas delivery' spiel after a parcel I ordered on the 14th December still hadn't arrived on the 28th. CS were very apologetic to give them their due but it simply is not good enough, the amount of p&p they charge for such slow delivery. Now, the parcel mysteriously appeared a day after my phone call to CS, shipped out first class and delivered by RM rather than the courier it was supposed to come with, but the point is that if Amazon can manage to deliver something on Free Super Saver Delivery after 48 hours, why - when you're paying upwards of £4 on a small parcel can QVC not do it within 5 days?

Because QVC don't charge extortionate P&P so that they can use the quickest, speediest couriers? This may be wrong, but perhaps Le Q jacks up its shipping charges to offset losses made on the 30 day MBG? :thinking:

From their perspective, if customers are prepared to pay for individual p & p, then why should they change their policy and reduce their profit margin? There was something on the news a few months back about shopping channels like QVC returning much healthier profits than other retailers, especially the high street. Thinking about it their outgoings are on their fancy studio (and I have heard their lease is soon to run out...question is will they move to a cheap warehouse in the middle of nowhere to make even more profit or will they renew??? Of course they have their presenters basic plus commission, their crew, make up, models and of course their Liverpool based call centre. Will they move them to India ever? Of course Amazon has even lower overheads, but Amazon has the disadvantage of not having the privilege of being an invited guest in our living rooms, watching for enjoyment, being lured into the web of "must buy towels and bedding"!!! Let's face it few of us browse on Amazon, we know exactly what we want to buy, order it and it arrives faster than the speed of light with free p and p in many cases. Unless you were specifically looking for towels, and do an amazon search you wouldn't buy them. Can't see loyal Q customers going on strike to make them change their ways!

I was with you until you said "Let's face it few of us browse on Amazon": I do! I browse online for enjoyment, and am more likely to make a purchase than I am watching a shopping channel.

I've been browsing on Amazon too. And Argos, Homebase, B&Q, Poundstretcher. I will find the perfect laptop table with rave reviews.......

I was determined not to buy any more for a while, but ended up using my Christmas easy-pay code on New Years Eve to buy an Epiphany ring, the no P&P swayed it!.

I'll have to avoid Thursday, I'm a sucker for Kuhn Rikon gadgets!!

I stand corrected! I confess to hating shopping! All gasp in horror! I get really naffy in shopping malls, so when I buy I know exactly what it is I want to buy, how much it will cost, go in, buy it and leave, usually via John Lewis cafe for a glass of vino and a piece of carrot cake. Likewise on amazon, I know what I want, type in the type of product or specific item, and go for the best price. I never browse when I don't want something specific. My husband likes my attitude to shopping, until it comes to QVC. I actually enjoy the make up demo's and tour of the inside of Kipling bags....

I hate shopping too! And I am definitely not a browser. I have never been able to do sales, and the clothes in TKMaxx are my idea of hell!! I either know what I want, or roughly, and do an online search. The most 'browsing' I do is whilst watching QVC!

Sent from my Sony Tablet S using Tapatalk

I was watching Kipling the other day and I ordered one of their bags on Amazon...saved myself £20 quid plus free P&P. I always check online ie Amazon, Beauty Bay or Feel Unique for their prices and to check if they are cheaper than QVC (90% of the time the other sites are cheaper).

I was determined not to buy any more for a while, but ended up using my Christmas easy-pay code on New Years Eve to buy an Epiphany ring, the no P&P swayed it!.

I'll have to avoid Thursday, I'm a sucker for Kuhn Rikon gadgets!!

Have you looked in TK Maxx? .... they had loads of Kuhn Rikon in there last week - and at much lower prices

My visitors have arrived from the UK laden down with my Elemis, LG and Smashbox TSV's! It was Christmas all over again and I was thrilled with getting these sets which aren't available in Oz (no LG at all and Smashbox and Elemis are extortionate!). I vowed that that would be it, no more QVC shopping for me...I live in Australia now for gods sake! And I hate sending things to friends/family and asking them to schlepp to the PO to forward them on to me, not to mention the expense of doing it. But it's SO hard when I see the good deals that are on! I don't have the option of watching QVC on telly so it's online for me and of course i'm getting all my info on upcoming TSV's etc on here so maybe I need to stop coming on here too haha!! i think I'll just have to learn to be happy with what's available here, otherwise i'll always be tormented by what i COULD be getting 'at home'. The thought of the Boots after Christmas sale has been killing me!! :cheeky:

Therese

Lol Therese! Someone I know moved home to New Zealand after several years in the UK and A QVC addiction. All she could worry about was where she would buy her beauty products from!

Latest posts

Back