new year resolution?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Got one from Ideal Dennice, 'move more, eat less' also take less tranqs and get off some maybe, so tackle my anxiety has to be priority

Started this week ...

To adopt a ShakerLifestyle. To have only things I need/love in my Den. Two bags of towels/bed linen/tops given to SalvationArmy to 'Bless' others today. To streamline my possessions, upgrading when needed. "Storing boxes of stuff I don't really use or want, or remember that I have, is PlainStupid, Snarly" - that's the conversation I had with myself. lol

Mine is to 'Accentuate the positive and eliminate the negative ' . In other words I hope to count my blessings more and grumble less !
A happy Xmas and New Year to everyone ,
Jenny .

Vienna - what about having a Professional in to really clean the oven. Then you start your resolution with a clean oven. Snarly can procrastinate with the best of 'em. :heart:

Sort out my kitchen! I am a really keen cook and have so much kitchenalia that I am a bit tight for storage in my small kitchen. Cooking a large meal like today (I worked Christmas day, so we are a day late with our feast) has been a bit frustrating as I am working around my hoard. So, definitely need to get it order in January. It's clean but cluttered IYKWIM, but I shall have real problems deciding what I can part with :)

Hope you have all had a lovely Christmas,

Inge xx

ShoppingJenny - I never read Dr. Seuss as a child but just read online "Places You Can Go" - boy, is that Positive! MadeMeFeelGood :mysmilie_378::mysmilie_378::mysmilie_378:

Ballerina - I saw in a HomeDecoMagazine ... screw a towel bar to the inside of a cupboard door and tuck the lids of pots/pans behind the bar. Sounds good as long as you don't wrench the door open. lol

Last edited:
Ballerina - I saw in a HomeDecoMagazine ... screw a towel bar to the inside of a cupboard door and tuck the lids of pots/pans behind the bar. Sounds good as long as you don't wrench the door open. lol

That is a good idea, Thanks Snarly!

Inge
xx

Happy New Year everyone.

I have had chance to consider and revise my New Year Resolutions.
In doing so I have the thank various forumites (who will know who they are) for giving me inspiration.

1. Having returned more than half of my recent L'Occitane sales purchase, I resolve to use up my modest but by no means insignificant stash of cosmetics/toilettries up before buying more. I aim to be on the last pot before putting the feelers out for the best price on some more.

2. Buy no more than 2 beauty TSV's in 2013

3. Drink alcohol only on friday and saturdays.

4. Don't buy any jewellery or perfume as I have sufficient. Ensure all jewelery gets worn and wear perfume every day.

5. Buy only essential clothes. Buy no handbags. Have shoes heeled or soled, or new Emu insoles rather than new.

6. Remember what matters in life, truly. You don't die wishing you spent more time in the office, or that you could buy more stuff.

7. No fad diets. Just eat sensibly and keep moving!

8. Continue to take no carp or suffer no fools. Life is too short to waste your energy and time on such.

That's it- I wanted 2 more to make 10 but want a fighting chance of sticking to them.

Latest posts

Back