Help Support ShoppingTelly:

still18inmyhead

Registered Shopper
Just reading the April newsletter and came across this new way to order:

We're retiring our Red Button TV service
with immediate effect on Virgin TV. But never fear,
it's easier than ever to order online at qvcuk.com, via
our smatphone apps, or by simply giving us a call

Must admit I have never come across a smatphone before. Good to see they give the same care and attention to proof reading their newsletter as they do to making sure their website is working properly (said with tongue firmly in cheek!)

:giggle:

Lol! I was wondering where you were going with this - I missed the 'smatphone' even though you highlighted it in red!!! I need to pay a visit to specsavers and as for QVC, well they really are a lost cause!

There was only really Ali Young who used to screech 'press that red button, 'I want you on that red button' etc. Hope she has been told its inactive.

Just reading the April newsletter and came across this new way to order:

We're retiring our Red Button TV service
with immediate effect on Virgin TV. But never fear,
it's easier than ever to order online at qvcuk.com, via
our smatphone apps, or by simply giving us a call

Must admit I have never come across a smatphone before. Good to see they give the same care and attention to proof reading their newsletter as they do to making sure their website is working properly (said with tongue firmly in cheek!)

:giggle:

Is it continuing on Sky?

I've been tapping the app for ages. It's quick, easy and quiet ... if there are people hanging about when you want to order on the quiet. :eek:)

On the rare occasion I do order anything now, I order online via TCB or via QCut. The latter will now be my choice because they've stopped the cashback. On re-orders, which is mainly what I get nowadays, I'll just order online and ignore the fact I won't get any cashback now. :frown:

How does the app differ from ordering online?
I'm a brand new owner of a smartphone, having always made do with my old ordinary one, & been wondering about getting the app.
I always order online, never phone the "award winning" call centre these days.

How does the app differ from ordering online?
I'm a brand new owner of a smartphone, having always made do with my old ordinary one, & been wondering about getting the app.
I always order online, never phone the "award winning" call centre these days.

It's speed basically. The App is so easy and fast. You press the app. You can then tap the TSV, current on air item or the last 25 items from a list. At the top of the screen is a search facility, that enables you to search for any item by brand or item number, even by the name if the colour eg "blue flower print" so all available kipling bags in thats print appear.There is also a "special offers" option and a "new today" option". It is very quick.There is also the facility to watch QVC live on your smartphone. You can read the customer reviews, tap "buy now" and after the first time thereafter it remembers your account number so you just have to enter your PIN. It remembers your payment methods and you select the one you want and tap "submit" and its all done in a matter of seconds.

Apart from making it dangerously easy to order other problems are that it automatically defaults to the easy pay option, and you still have to call for advanced orders or items on waitlist.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:
Thank you, WG, for such a comprehensive explanation. I'm off to get the app. :rock:

It's speed basically. The App is so easy and fast. You press the app. You can then tap the TSV, current on air item or the last 25 items from a list. At the top of the screen is a search facility, that enables you to search for any item by brand or item number, even by the name if the colour eg "blue flower print" so all available kipling bags in thats print appear.There is also a "special offers" option and a "new today" option". It is very quick.There is also the facility to watch QVC live on your smartphone. You can read the customer reviews, tap "buy now" and after the first time thereafter it remembers your account number so you just have to enter your PIN. It remembers your payment methods and you select the one you want and tap "submit" and its all done in a matter of seconds.

Apart from making it dangerously easy to order other problems are that it automatically defaults to the easy pay option, and you still have to call for advanced orders or items on waitlist.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk 2

But is it free to do this from a mobile?

Latest posts

Back