New Presenters

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I agree, if she hasn't got the hang of it in over two years and uses the same group of words consistently, I'm thinking it's not the job for her.

The point is this is going to be as 'high' as her TV career will ever get, so I suppose she is wanting to keep the job as long as possible and if sales are good when she is on and she satisfies all other criteria then it will come from HR and not from her if she leaves.

Ah! I see Katy Pulinger... the JR 'minnie me' with her dental occlusion AKA 'anterior open bite' which some say is caused by using dummy later than 24 months, or breastfeeding up to 36 months, thumb sucking for a long while as a child.

This is harsh from me, but I feel, Katy, as a presenter -- hmmm, not the best of smiles.... and quite a challenging fix (orthodontics and orthognathic surgery)
Shes an attractive girl though - shame.

And hey, I'm far from pretty myself, but I'm not a television presenter, and I think teeth are the first thing people look at when they see a smiling face, and for presenters, this is important IMO

WOW that's harsh from anyone! I think she's got a great, huge, cheering smile! Sure she doesn't maybe have your typical 'perfect' teeth but I dare say that's far from her fault (or even if it were, inadvertently, who cares?!) and I don't think it has any impact at all on her abilities or otherwise as a presenter.
And anyway, her teeth are clean, and she's very well groomed etc - and whether she's to my taste or not as a presenter - I do think it's harsh judgement on a small aspect of her physical appearance...

My poor mum has some serious dental issues as a result of an autoimmune disease which I've inherited, although I've been lucky with my teeth so far but it does affect one's confidence SO much. But I actually loved seeing Katy's bit smile.
Sorry you didn't :(

Katy Pullinger

Sorry to say but I really didn't get on with her when she was on the Beauty Channel, so not keen on seeing her on the main feed now. I found her unprofessional - dancing round the kitchen and looking into the wrong camera - and she reminds me of an up-and-coming Claire Sutton with her pre-school demeanour. And when she smiles it's hard not to notice those fangs! My son said she reminded him of a cartoon character he used to watch...

mona.jpg

Don't want to sound bitchy, just my thoughts.

I do find I'm distracted by her dentition; maybe it'll wear off after a few more airings?

Sorry to say but I really didn't get on with her when she was on the Beauty Channel, so not keen on seeing her on the main feed now. I found her unprofessional - dancing round the kitchen and looking into the wrong camera - and she reminds me of an up-and-coming Claire Sutton with her pre-school demeanour. And when she smiles it's hard not to notice those fangs! My son said she reminded him of a cartoon character he used to watch...

View attachment 11448

Don't want to sound bitchy, just my thoughts.

You're not being bitchy, you're entitled to your opinion. I've not seen her on QVC but I've seen her doing the rounds on shopping tv and I find her totally disingenuous, she's probably from the Dale Franklin school of smarm were they constantly smile while talking, comes across as totally false.

I swear I read something about Jackie leaving?

I hope not, though saying that she is probably the only one that can 'make it on the outside world', by that I mean she could probably easily slip back into mainstream presenting as she is seems natural and at ease in front of the cameras unlike some, plus she probably fed up with drawing the 'short straw' and having to present a lot of show with 'a gnome'!

Ah! I see Katy Pulinger... the JR 'minnie me' with her dental occlusion AKA 'anterior open bite' which some say is caused by using dummy later than 24 months, or breastfeeding up to 36 months, thumb sucking for a long while as a child.

This is harsh from me, but I feel, Katy, as a presenter -- hmmm, not the best of smiles.... and quite a challenging fix (orthodontics and orthognathic surgery)
Shes an attractive girl though - shame.

And hey, I'm far from pretty myself, but I'm not a television presenter, and I think teeth are the first thing people look at when they see a smiling face, and for presenters, this is important IMO

Suppose it is Q's attempt at having 'natural people'. I only hope she is not going to be one of those presenters AKA JF who 'gushes' over every product, as after watching her on the Cooks Essential program today going on about how the 'defrosting plates' were 'game-changers' (I really do hate that Americanism) and that she 'needed them in her life', then I am already starting to wonder about her credibility.

I hope not, though saying that she is probably the only one that can 'make it on the outside world', by that I mean she could probably easily slip back into mainstream presenting as she is seems natural and at ease in front of the cameras unlike some, plus she probably fed up with drawing the 'short straw' and having to present a lot of show with 'a gnome'!

Sorry I am the exact opposite - she couldn't go quick enough for me.

Latest posts

Back