New Leighton Denny Nail Varnishes - a bit expensive

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

staffies

Registered Shopper
:wink:I love Leighton's varnishes, but I do think the newer collections airing today and yesterday, are quite expensive ie the presenter & the blues. At one time, the qvc selling phrase was "If you can't afford to update your wardrobe then update your look with a new nail varnish", but now it seems that "If you can't afford a new nail varnish, then go and buy yourself a new outfit instead!" Well, you could at Primark, or some other reputable store!

You'd be better off using a cheapo nail varnish and investing in Seche Vite or another decent top coat.

I've got some Seche, but it's gone a bit thick so I guess I need the thinner, or 'Restore' as it's called.

Love the outfit quip, Staffies! :grin:

I have to say I watched the show this afternoon and did find it a joke that for a 5th anniversary all you got 1/2 price P&P, which basically is £1.73 discount. When put in that context its a really poor gift for 5 years selling on QVC.

And Im not someone who wears nail varnish, but it is a shame nothing more exciting than 1/2 price P&P isnt being offered

I have to say I watched the show this afternoon and did find it a joke that for a 5th anniversary all you got 1/2 price P&P, which basically is £1.73 discount. When put in that context its a really poor gift for 5 years selling on QVC.

And Im not someone who wears nail varnish, but it is a shame nothing more exciting than 1/2 price P&P isnt being offered

thats because normally for a 5th anni or 10th ect they do free postage or anniversary prices which are usually a lot better

Can anyone tell me where Ibeefa is ? the place he mentions in his trailer.

Unless of course he is talking about Ibiza !

I am interested to know, EXACTLY how does a man start a career and make a bl.......y fortune from nail varnish eh ?????? completely mystery to me.

I was aghast at the prices tbh.

I think Nails Inc are a much cheaper option for their sets one called Kings Of Neon and another who's name escapes me which I am hoping to purchase off Amazon a week tomorrow on my payday.

I know the kings of neon set is £22 and the other is around the £25 mark but I do like the colours and even though the bottles in the KOL set are only 4ml each you do get 8 bottles in the set which is good vfm and a perfect size for my make up bag.

I'm just hoping my 13yo Daughter Rosie doesn't get to them 1st.

I meant to put KON! I blame it on my youngest son Josh (5) & youngest daughter Darcey (19 months) coming into mine and other half's bedroom giving us our 5am wake up call , well it is Fathers Day so their intentions were good.

Has Leighton gained weight? I haven't seen him on air for a while and he looks different.

I thought he'd either put weight on, or maybe been at the gym alot and pumped up his body, but he defo did look different. The price of a "blues" set yesterday was £36 for 3 bottles and if he normally charges £11 per bottle on his website, why were they charging £12 each on qvc. I thought qvc were supposed to be a bit cheaper. And the bottles weren't even a special formula, just standard nail varnish. I was disappointed, but I do think Leighton is a lovely, down to earth person. There is a nails inc tsv coming up soon, so I shall probably get that.

I think sometimes that when a kit of 3 or more colours is put together that QVC do it because it is more profitable to do it that way (and easier postage etc) - but how many people really want to buy a set of 3 or 4 when really they only might like 2 in the set (and then give/chuck the ones they dont like)?

I would rather buy the colours I really like, and then not waste the ones I'm in two minds about...

That said, yesterday I bought a VERY convincing 'supermodel' clone in Tesco(they do some very good quality polishes in their 'makeup' range - £4 a bottle!

I think sometimes that when a kit of 3 or more colours is put together that QVC do it because it is more profitable to do it that way (and easier postage etc) - but how many people really want to buy a set of 3 or 4 when really they only might like 2 in the set (and then give/chuck the ones they dont like)?

I would rather buy the colours I really like, and then not waste the ones I'm in two minds about...

That said, yesterday I bought a VERY convincing 'supermodel' clone in Tesco(they do some very good quality polishes in their 'makeup' range - £4 a bottle!

I have given up on buying sets for for exactly that reason! I think they look good and convince myself I'll use them but usually it's only one or at a push two of them. I now buy the colour I want or if the website lets you pick the colours you want and a bit of a discount, I'm happy. I'm still wearing a gold Chanel I bought last year and it hasn't gone gloopy at all - £15 well spent imo:rock: I do like the LD crystal nail file though and have ordered the new black/pink set as I couldn't help myself!:tongue:

thats a really good tip thanks, also Nails Inc where doing a promo with diet coke in Boots (not sure if still on) but if you bought 2 bottles of diet coke you got a free nails inc polish and one of the colours was very like supermodel.

I watch to see which colour I like, then search for it on ebay. Cheaper than buying colours you don't like

As the owner of hundreds of nail varnish I stop myself buying sets by assembling the colours from my existing collection to create a similar set...I think there's a selling psychology in the way the colours look appealing together and that's often been my downfall in the past! Ofcourse wearing just one colour on it's own usually they're never quite as pretty and tempting looked at singly.

My longest surviving nail varnish (until about 5 years ago when it finally ran out) was a Cutex soft gold metallic called "Sable". I bought a job lot from a market stall in Blackpool in 1984 when cutex (around that time) pulled out of the UK for a while. Of the 3 bottles I kept for myself the last bottle was in use and only ran out in 2005 and had never gone gloopy! Is this a record? Should I call Norris?) Interestingly Leighton mentioned he'd worked for Cutex (and others) in product development..wonder if they're as long lasting now?

Jude xx

Can anyone tell me where Ibeefa is ? the place he mentions in his trailer.

Unless of course he is talking about Ibiza !

I am interested to know, EXACTLY how does a man start a career and make a bl.......y fortune from nail varnish eh ?????? completely mystery to me.

Ha - He certainly doesn't speak proper! (lol) his grammar is awful - he could do with some elocution lessens. (mind you I haven't spell-checked this!)

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back