New Heights Achieved by Sutton

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Couldn't resist any longer. I was born in Bolton!
Claire's accent is very phoney and makes me cringe every time she's on air, but somehow she is strangely watchable. Her sheer excitement and over pronunciation blows me away.

I'm from near Manchester and don't have a particular accent although maybe I would seem to have if i was to someone I ws speaking with who is from a different area of the Country. I just don't think I have.

I regularly meet with colleagues during the course of my work from around the North West and the ones from north of Manchester such as Rochdale, Wigan, Bolton, Bury. Oldham etc do tend to have quite strong accents that relate to their area but I've just started working with a girl who has no accent at all and i had no idea until she told me that she is born and bred in Wigan so maybe she is just a bit posh?

I would think as she speaks so well, Claire and i don't mean posh but clearly that she might have had elocution lessons?

Last edited:
Couldn't resist any longer. I was born in Bolton!
Claire's accent is very phoney and makes me cringe every time she's on air, but somehow she is strangely watchable. Her sheer excitement and over pronunciation blows me away.

It's not just the accent though,it's the over eggagerated yard wide smiles to camera and the childish squeeling and screeching and the oooh aren't a girlie girl stuff.
False as a van load of monkeys!

I have to turn the sound off everytime claire is on. I cannot bear the fake accent. It seems as if its a big effort to keep that up throughout each show.

Latest posts

Back