New Handbag Range... By a former Miss World

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Fingers crossed someone says it. Actually, Dale does a good Brucie impression. Let's have him on!

I am tempted to call in to a live show, express interest in a particular bag that has been on and then ask how much it is again. When they say, "£190" I will shout, "Lower, lower..." and see how that goes down.

Oh lol I dare you I'll record the hours can't miss that. :mysmilie_19:

I wonder if she's been naughty and Bruce has cut her out of the will. :tongue:

£147 for a canvas bag is really extracting the urine. Taking full advantage of her name and title, here. Nice enough design, but way overpriced.

If anyone wants to pay that amount of money, then for the same price you can have your own bespoke model made from a very good company. I used them for a baby blanket and the quality was exceptional. At least it would be personal to you, not someone else's printed design.

bagsoflove.co.uk

Oh lol I dare you I'll record the hours can't miss that. :mysmilie_19:

I wonder if she's been naughty and Bruce has cut her out of the will. :tongue:

You know, I am tempted! Would have to be from a different phone so they didn't know it was me because I wouldn't want to get banned!

At least it's something new. It is very pricey and probably will soon be in clearance but she seems a nice woman and I think Brucie is absolutely devoted to her. I can imagine him watching the telly at home and bursting with pride (or maybe practising a little tap routine in front of the mirrors in the green room while he waits for her). Of course she has money and connections to get this line up and running but that's always been the way of the world. Not fair but there it is.

I think her children are grown up now and she probably needs a new project. I think the bags look nice and would be happy to have one as a gift but not buying one for myself.

Julia didn't have to say 'nice to see you' etc as Wilnelia came on with a little hand-written note purpotedly from Sir Brucie and handed it to Julia who then read it out: 'Hello Julia. Nice to QVC you to QVC you...nice!' Oh ye gods!!

W seems lovely as she did last time I saw her on screen. How on earth she has lasted 31 YEARS married to Bruce Forsyth I have no idea! She just said they have a son together too.

She was Miss World in 1975 and still looks amazing.

But how the bags are selling out already at those prices from in unknown designer is beyond me. Can't imagine who is sittin around of a Thursday lunchtime buying £200 bags from their tv?!

The bags werent my cup of tea...but I thought she came across very well.I actually finished the hour thinking what a lovely,quiet,elegant lady she is.Well done Mrs F :mysmilie_59:

I watched a documentary about her and Bruce a while ago. He is older than her parents but they seem to have had a happy marriage. They have a home in Puerto Rico and she does a lot of charity work out there because poverty is rife. I can`t say I`d buy her bags but she at least seems to be a dignified and polite lady.

I cant help but wonder about all those young and struggling designers at Art college and suchlike, who train for years at honing their skills and would kill to get an opportunity like this.

And here we have, yet another 'celebrity/wife' leaping straight in with a range - its irrelevant whether its beauty, fashion, accessories etc that they haven't exactly sweated blood and sleepless nights over, getting full media coverage because of who they are.

I do get on my high horse about this, because I feel for all those who study and become real professionals without getting any recognition at all.

Being a celebrity, or having the right connections, does seem to be a licence to print money. That is only because of the less discerning shopper, who is attracted by the 'name' who 'designed' the item. If people didn't buy the ranges these well knowns 'put their names to'. they couldn't charge such inflated prices.
I recall when dear Katy John was at the Q, and she mentioned that her husband never wears branded jeans, simply because he doesn.t see why he should pay designer prices to advertise the brand. Too right. Personally, a designer name does not attract me to any product, not because I don't want to pay the cost of said ranges, if I felt the quality was better, then I would pay for it. imo, it isn't; the shopper is being charged for the kudos of wearing/using the item. Re Wilnelia's bags, which are way overpriced, I wouldn't want to walk around wearing a bag, with her initials on.
I didn't watch the entire show, but caught the beginning, and she came across as a lovely, unassuming lady. Until she assured Julia that she wanted to be addressed as Wilnelia, she was referring to her as Lady Forsyth! As was Catherine a couple of minutes prior. The americans regard any titled british person as something special and would, consequently, see it as a bit of a coup, having them peddling their wares over in Pennsylvania.

If anyone wants to pay that amount of money, then for the same price you can have your own bespoke model made from a very good company. I used them for a baby blanket and the quality was exceptional. At least it would be personal to you, not someone else's printed design.

bagsoflove.co.uk

I looked on this site, as I am interested in getting a t shirt with m boxer on it. £35 - £45 is a total rip off. If we had a facility locally to print them, I could get a bespoke item for between £10 - £15. No one else would have a t shirt with a pic of my eldest guy on it.

Julia didn't have to say 'nice to see you' etc as Wilnelia came on with a little hand-written note purpotedly from Sir Brucie and handed it to Julia who then read it out: 'Hello Julia. Nice to QVC you to QVC you...nice!' Oh ye gods!!

W seems lovely as she did last time I saw her on screen. How on earth she has lasted 31 YEARS married to Bruce Forsyth I have no idea! She just said they have a son together too.

She was Miss World in 1975 and still looks amazing.

But how the bags are selling out already at those prices from in unknown designer is beyond me. Can't imagine who is sittin around of a Thursday lunchtime buying £200 bags from their tv?!

Fingers down throat time. Not exactly unexpected, though.

Latest posts

Back