New coated pink diamond info!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Yes, back on topic, the pink diamond saga is still ongoing. I'm supposed to getting a call this week from GemsTV regarding a pink diamond ring I bought last year.
Well don't hold your breath waiting hon....... :mysmilie_701:

I lied. I'm back! Hi reddwarf. This was another thread entirely (different poster) which has now been deleted.

Yes, back on topic, the pink diamond saga is still ongoing. I'm supposed to getting a call this week from GemsTV regarding a pink diamond ring I bought last year.

Oops if it is this one you posted about before if you open it out fully and scroll to the bottom it says Enhancement: Coated
http://www.gemstv.co.uk/shop-detail.jsp?product=UBI3101

Have you heard back about your Ruby Sue?
Not yet, obviously they've requested the info from Thialand via carrier pigeon. :rolleyes: However, the longer they take to give a definitive answer the worse it looks for them.

Well don't hold your breath waiting hon....... :mysmilie_701:

Deep breath. No, it's not working Sue, but I am getting hallucinations of fit young men dancing before my eyes! :mysmilie_697: Andrew is supposed to be calling me tomorrow regarding the Tanzanian rubies. We'll see ...

Oops if it is this one you posted about before if you open it out fully and scroll to the bottom it says Enhancement: Coated
http://www.gemstv.co.uk/shop-detail.jsp?product=UBI3101

Yes it is the one gemcherub. Not good is it! I'm waiting for a call so I can then tell them I want to return it! I'll call back early next week if I haven't heard anything. The white diamond is not half bad actually - shame about the pinks.

I bought a pink diamond ring from GTV in March 2009 and after reading this thread I emailed CS today telling them that I want to return it for a full refund, as it is coated. The response was that they are passing my email to their manager for further investigation and they will contact me again shortly. How long do you normally have to wait for a response, does anyone know?

I bought a pink diamond ring from GTV in March 2009 and after reading this thread I emailed CS today telling them that I want to return it for a full refund, as it is coated. The response was that they are passing my email to their manager for further investigation and they will contact me again shortly. How long do you normally have to wait for a response, does anyone know?

Hi Sev's Mum

I called on Monday to say I wanted to return my pink diamond ring, having now found out it's coated. I was told that they would be contacting all customers who've bought one of these pink coated diamond pieces to see what they want to do. I was told my name was being added to the list and I'd be contacted sometime this week. I'm just waiting for the call now.

Sorry that probably doesn't help much. I'm not sure how long it's going to take, but I'll be calling again next week if I don't hear this week.

Thanks for that Oops, if I don't hear anything in a couple of days I will give them a reminder. I'm not going let let this drop. They sold me something that isn't what I thought it was, so I want a refund, and I'm never buying anything from GTV again after this. What a load of rubbish they are.

A friend mentioned that the Coated Pink Diamond pieces appear to have disappeared from the Gems website! I've had a look and searched for Pink Diamonds and only 2 pieces have come up and neither say coated, although I thought the cheaper piece was! Now I may be half blind and missing something but has anyone else noticed?

I also see they still have the "Ever Green" ones there and none of them say coated yet I'm sure someone posted here that they were? They say they are "heated + Irradiated".

Strange!

A friend mentioned that the Coated Pink Diamond pieces appear to have disappeared from the Gems website! I've had a look and searched for Pink Diamonds and only 2 pieces have come up and neither say coated, although I thought the cheaper piece was! Now I may be half blind and missing something but has anyone else noticed?

I also see they still have the "Ever Green" ones there and none of them say coated yet I'm sure someone posted here that they were? They say they are "heated + Irradiated".

Strange!

Perhaps gems are going to send them all back for a refund :mysmilie_697:

Just a thought.............

Strange!
Yes, there were heaps on the clearance page yesterday, perhaps they're updating the title details for each piece (to include the words 'coated pink...') and also amending the prices to more sensible levels....as we mentioned y'day!

I am just wondering about all the Safeguard valuations people had done on these pieces.

Is it very hard for a jewellery valuer to tell if a diamond is coated or do they just go on the certificate I assume you receive with each purchase ?

I am just wondering about all the Safeguard valuations people had done on these pieces.

Is it very hard for a jewellery valuer to tell if a diamond is coated or do they just go on the certificate I assume you receive with each purchase ?
Sorry Julie, I'm not sure of the right answer to your question, but looking back at the earlier thread on this topic.....can I refer you to post no 8 where Meesh posted a link about these coatings.....

http://forum.shoppingtelly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=17578

I have a large ruby, a siberian emerald and a "majestic" tanzanite from gems..... now I'm doubting the quality of them all. I bought the ruby and the emerald "from" Steve B when he was presenting.... do you folks think the problems go back that far?

PS..... Been away from the site for a while so no idea what is happening.... wondered why Meeshoo is appearing as a "guest" but there seems to have been bother.... sorry to hear that.

Last edited:
Pink coated diamonds

Hi,

I am new to the forum - have been reading for a few weeks and .
Just to let you all know I have just had a call from Gems TV to say I will get a full refund on the two pieces of jewellery I was sold with coated pink diamonds last year and I have been given a returns number to post back under.

Hopefully all of the other members who have posted here will receive the same 'treatment' !!

All the best,

Imspim

I didn't watch it last night, but I noticed Adina was on selling the pink coated diamonds and was saying something about the treatment involved making them affordable.

Latest posts

Back