New coated pink diamond info!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Thanks PP, i will email them today, i blinkin well hope its not coated, i love it, but if it is, then it wont be worth what i paid for it, so it will be going back.
Has a similar thing happened with their alex stones? i really hope not, at this point most of my collection will be winging its way back to gems :(

Fluff - as I said yesterday it's probably another hollow shank. Look at the goldweight.

You are probably correct about the gold weight Meeshoo, it certainly looks more substantial the statistics imply. Such a shame all of this nonsense. I have a few pieces sitting in my jewellery box that I feel less than confident about after following this thread. I will have to dig out their cards and email off with the item numbers. Some cheaper bits I am not overly concerned about but there are a few that will annoy me if / when they turn out to be tat in drag!

I have a AAAA Tanzanite, I believe they changed the name to majestic - anyone know about this? Now they say AAA is the very best, so I am confused. If anyone can help on this - Meesh?? I would be very grateful.

Inge x

The thing that baffles me, is why are some of the pink diamond pieces SOOO expensive compared with the same designs with other coloured diamonds, if the pinkies are coated?

For example, these earrings:

http://www.gemstv.co.uk/shop-detail.jsp?product=UWK0050&category=clearance&colourScheme=9

Compared with the blue diamond equivalent (which I have, and which are very pretty):

http://www.gemstv.co.uk/shop-detail.jsp?product=UTS0418&category=clearance&colourScheme=9

Is it just that people will pay more for pink, because it's the "in" colour? Or where Gems themselves perhaps ripped off in the first place, paying an overinflated price for coated pink diamonds without fully realising what they were buying?

I did actually buy a couple of the pink diamond pieces and sent them back straight away, because I didn't think they looked very nice. Glad I did now!

The thing that baffles me, is why are some of the pink diamond pieces SOOO expensive compared with the same designs with other coloured diamonds, if the pinkies are coated?

For example, these earrings:

http://www.gemstv.co.uk/shop-detail.jsp?product=UWK0050&category=clearance&colourScheme=9

Compared with the blue diamond equivalent (which I have, and which are very pretty):

http://www.gemstv.co.uk/shop-detail.jsp?product=UTS0418&category=clearance&colourScheme=9

Is it just that people will pay more for pink, because it's the "in" colour? Or where Gems themselves perhaps ripped off in the first place, paying an overinflated price for coated pink diamonds without fully realising what they were buying?

I did actually buy a couple of the pink diamond pieces and sent them back straight away, because I didn't think they looked very nice. Glad I did now!
I wondered about that Miss M...that Gems weren't given full disclosure of treatments at the time....or maybe even duped! Not that that's any excuse....if Cherub hadn't raised the issue with the coated stud earrings, none of us would be any the wiser now.

Personally I think Gems should add the word 'coated' to the title description of each piece on the website and on any TV auctions. And then reduce the price accordingly.....as these are basically second class offerings! And if folks choose to buy then they know exactly what it is they are purchasing.
But.....they are still way over-priced as shown in my link earlier in this thread.

Basically it was all one big hype with these pink diamonds and an even bigger rip off. MM. :rolleyes: I never bought any of these pieces myself because I considered the prices exhorbitant for 9ct and I wouldn't pay them. Plus the pink looked unnaturally too pink to me.:mysmilie_701:

Oh crap!!!!!

Who would be so nasty to Meesho??????

Planted trolls and also infrequent posters on a now closed TJC thread yesterday Donna. Their narsty (sic) post imho should have been immediately edited.....not left there for all to see! I'm :mysmilie_73: myself that I didn't think to report it!

Basically it was all one big hype with these pink diamonds and an even bigger rip off. MM. :rolleyes: I never bought any of these pieces myself because I considered the prices exhorbitant for 9ct and I wouldn't pay them. Plus the pink looked unnaturally too pink to me.:mysmilie_701:

Ppc before this collection of pink diamonds appeared didn't you buy a big heart pink and white diamond ring that was gorgeous i remember the pics have you had it confirmed that they are not coated? i do hope they aren't coated as i remember the ring being so stunning:mysmilie_374:

Planted trolls and also infrequent posters on a now closed TJC thread yesterday Donna. Their narsty (sic) post imho should have been immediately edited.....not left there for all to see! I'm :mysmilie_73: myself that I didn't think to report it!

I was to late i came on and had a good bye message, i had a look round and had the miss fortune to see the disgraceful post which i only wish had been removed before Meeshoo had seen it as if it had she would still be here!

Ppc before this collection of pink diamonds appeared didn't you buy a big heart pink and white diamond ring that was gorgeous i remember the pics have you had it confirmed that they are not coated? i do hope they aren't coated as i remember the ring being so stunning:mysmilie_374:
Yes hon I did but as it wasn't part of this batch and not such a rip off pricewise I'm giving it the benefit of the doubt because I really like it and the pinkies are a much more subtle colour.

There were some pink diamonds in 18k quite a while ago, which Steve Ashton said were natural. They were a lot more expensive than the current batch of coated pinkies, but a good price for natural pinks. I bought one and it is lovely; a subtle pink, but definitely PINK. It looks nothing like the coated ones which I returned.

There were some pink diamonds in 18k quite a while ago, which Steve Ashton said were natural. They were a lot more expensive than the current batch of coated pinkies, but a good price for natural pinks. I bought one and it is lovely; a subtle pink, but definitely PINK. It looks nothing like the coated ones which I returned.

I have one as well and i adore it i was so worried when all this came out but luckily i now have it in writing they are indeed natural!
I was realy lucky as well i bought mine in a clearance for a great price!

Yes hon I did but as it wasn't part of this batch and not such a rip off pricewise I'm giving it the benefit of the doubt because I really like it and the pinkies are a much more subtle colour.

Yes i remember it had a nice gold weight as well and a very posh under gallery (is that what its called?) x

How do you know what action has or hasn't been taken? I dealt with the thread as soon as I came online and saw it.

We certainly do no condone this type of behaviour!!!!

Sorry you are experiencing a lynch mob Sara x

It was certainly not my intention to upset you Sazza or to be part of a lynch mob! I know you have a really difficult job. It just seemed to me that the abuser came out of this victorious while a well respected member of this forum was chased away. It's reassuring to hear ST doesn't condone this type of behaviour. As you so rightly say, I don't know what has gone on behind the scenes.

Well I'll say no more (thank gawd I hear you all say)! :mysmilie_697:
Except, this forum has been so much fun and I've made some lovely friends - just in case I'm now banned!

I'm so sad this whole thing happened, and I feel as if the forum is under attack at the moment. I love it here, simply because on the whole we are all friends and get along (or at least make an effort to get along where we don't agree). Abuse and unpleasantness is freely available, whereas proper cyber friendships are not so easily found. A tragedy for all of us methinks. xxxxxxxx

Great post Klosblue. :mysmilie_82: I agree with everything you say. It saddens me that it seems acceptable these days for people to go onto forums with the sole intention of abusing other posters. I can't understand why this person wasn't banned immediately for her vitriolic attack. It seems the bad guys win these days!

I don't believe the poster came here with that sole intention. I've just read that thread where the arguement started, I admit, having only just read it, I did not witness the removed posts, but that poster was actually expressing thoughts about a presenter. It seems to me he was attacked because some guys were offended by something he said, and in defending himself the whole thing has got out of hand.

Sometimes, sadly this happens on forums where opinions differ but as always it will blow over, I've had a good laugh at some of the posts offered by this person prior to this and don't believe there was any malice intended.

Anyway, I can't find the back on topic smilie but is the coated diamond saga still ongoing?

Wrong thread Reddwarf. This was an "out of the blue" very rude and personal attack on Meeshoo. The whole thread has been removed. xx

I don't believe the poster came here with that sole intention. I've just read that thread where the arguement started, I admit, having only just read it, I did not witness the removed posts, but that poster was actually expressing thoughts about a presenter. It seems to me he was attacked because some guys were offended by something he said, and in defending himself the whole thing has got out of hand.

Sometimes, sadly this happens on forums where opinions differ but as always it will blow over, I've had a good laugh at some of the posts offered by this person prior to this and don't believe there was any malice intended.

Anyway, I can't find the back on topic smilie but is the coated diamond saga still ongoing?

I lied. I'm back! Hi reddwarf. This was another thread entirely (different poster) which has now been deleted.

Yes, back on topic, the pink diamond saga is still ongoing. I'm supposed to getting a call this week from GemsTV regarding a pink diamond ring I bought last year.

Latest posts

Back