New CID TSV Tuesday the 27th March

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

On a positive note, they do an eyebrow pencil which is a fair substitute for the ol' Models Prefer one. Fair, but only worth buying if you see one for a fiver or less in TKMaxx.

Jude xx

El-Cid.jpg

Think I'll pass on El Cid.

I thought some of the colours looked rather sludgey. The packaging looked a bit cheap too, yet they seem to be trying to pass it off as high-end :hi: I'm wondering if the make-up artist worked on The Only Way is Essex, as he seemed to be slapping it on with gay abandon, but then I suppose the over-made-up-tart look is fashionable these days.

Yes, T.O.W.I.E is the first thing I thought when I saw the TSV (or rather the state of the people wearing it) Yuk!!

You guys said just what I was thinking. It's TOWIE, wannabe WAG and Jordan-esque demographic all over this brand. No interest in it even if it is cheaper in TK Maxx. I will stick to my LG, BE, BB and smashbox combo. Nude, sheer neutral look is more me than neon pinks. Why am I not surprised that CH says the majority of her make up is new CID?

The guest reminds me of Esther Rantzen, she could borrow a one-shoulder dress from Jill Franks to complete the look. Throw in an Odd Ode from Cyril and a phallic turnip: Job Done!

Jude xx

I can see where you are coming from, but I see a middle aged Barbie and a rather thick set Ken! :giggle:

I got their first tsv from qvc some time ago and must say quite liked most of it , i have bought Lg, Be ,Mally ,Smashbox and get fed up with them all eventually so I think this a good price for what you are getting

ok so I'm being unfair.I've never tried it.....I don't know its an awful line of cosmetics....I meant more along the lines of,it looks so awful.

I personally haven't even seen any presentations of it it,which possible makes it even more of an unfair statement - but I just cannot,would not,buy cosmetics from someone who needs a total makeover themselves.

I honestly think the guest/owner of this line looks like an 80's Dallas throwback.And the make up matches her.....very tacky looking line of make up.As its been said even rimmel looks sophisticated against it.

It's actually rather nice make up to wear...a few of us from work went on a pamper day including make up/over by New CID. None of us were over done,so I guess it's down to how it's applied.

Thanks everyone I'm not going to buy it, I already own far too much make-up which doesn't get worn!

I still like the look of the eye shadow creams in the black set and the idea of grey/graphite liners.

I might get another Bobbi Brown gel liner when I go shopping later this week.

New CID primer is one of my favourite products, I'm about to start my third tube. Nothing else has ever made my make up last so well. Ive also got the liner palette and it's one of the most subtle liners I've used- definitely a daytime product. As lemonsqueezy says application technique has a big impact.

I got their eyes, lips & cheeks palette for about £7 in TK Maxx and I really like it. The eyeshadows are lovely and soft, blush is a nice pink pop and the lip colours last nicely. I wouldn't have paid full price for it but I use it a lot and like it. I also got one of their lipglosses - love the colour, love the smell and it was on sale on ASOS but that ****** blue light drives me nuts! I can't see myself in the mirror whe applying because the light is so bright. Shame.

Every magazine says the more natural under made up look is in at the moment, so why was the make-up artist/plasterer troweling more slap on top of an already over made up face? There's nothing natural looking about the New CID guest either, and that includes her teeth and gums!

Every magazine says the more natural under made up look is in at the moment, so why was the make-up artist/plasterer troweling more slap on top of an already over made up face? There's nothing natural looking about the New CID guest either, and that includes her teeth and gums!

I suppose you must have been born with fabulous teeth and gums to feel that you are in a position to comment on those less fortunate than yourself. I would imagine that she could not even pay a fortune to get them put right. I thought she looked very presentable.

Andrew from Gatineau is a different case. As the Gatineau products fail to get rid of his eye bags I am sure he has enough money to get them cut out if that is the source of his problem.

New CID primer is one of my favourite products, I'm about to start my third tube. Nothing else has ever made my make up last so well. Ive also got the liner palette and it's one of the most subtle liners I've used- definitely a daytime product. As lemonsqueezy says application technique has a big impact.

After reading your comments about the NEW CID primer, i might try some of these products if i see them in the outlet store. I've had some really good gift sets from there & i hope this one comes in so i can try it.
If i then like it i will then buy it from the tv channel, so thanks for that. I was going to give this New CID make-up a miss.:sun:

I suppose you must have been born with fabulous teeth and gums to feel that you are in a position to comment on those less fortunate than yourself. I would imagine that she could not even pay a fortune to get them put right. I thought she looked very presentable.

Andrew from Gatineau is a different case. As the Gatineau products fail to get rid of his eye bags I am sure he has enough money to get them cut out if that is the source of his problem.

This is the shopping telly forum and it exists for people to post comments about people, products etc on shopping TV channels. I chose to comment on the fact that the New CID guest seems to wear false teeth. If you read my post it merely states that fact. The state of my own teeth and gums is irrelevant. In another thread at the moment people are commenting on the fact that Alison Young wore a wig last night which they feel looked hideous. I'm sure all the forumites who have posted on this thread don't consider it a necessity to have been born with fabulous, shiny flowing locks before being eligible to leave a comment. The same goes for most derogatory remarks made about presenters/guests for that matter.

Its ok Bensmum, there is a line which I choose not to cross, for example I would say that AY wears too much slap on air, that I like her taste in clothes just not all at the same time! A bit of constructive criticism never did anyone any harm. But I draw the line at making very personal, catty comments about a person's looks or enter into a real character assasination. Just post your view and then ignore people who wont let it go! Sometimes you would think that this forum is only for people who think a certain way or agree with certain other posts. OR just dont post on topics that you think are a bit close to the bone, I do a bit of both. That said there are a lot of positives about this forum too, as I am sure you know!

Character assassination????? I have no idea about the woman's character. I have never met her. Have you actually read my post?

Latest posts

Back