Need a new eye cream

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

fletchie

Registered Shopper
I'm almost finished on my tube of Sarah Chapman eye cream and need to re-stock!

I fancy a change - any recommendations?

I am almost 39, have dry/crepey eyelids but I have seen a minor improvement since using the SC range but not sure whether to continue or try something else. I was looking at Lulu's eye balm but it has very mixed reviews.

I've also tried Elemis (both eye creams) Gatineau and Liz Earle Superskin eye cream - none were all that great to be honest. L'occitane rich eye balm was ok but did nothing other than to sit on the skin. I never felt like it had sunk in. Perhaps it was a tad too rich!!

I would prefer a cream/balm over a serum and also it doesn't have to be a QVC range either!

Thanks in advance. xx

Bobbi brown do a good one. And philosophy. I don't use them any more, I am the same age as you and find that Elemis pro collagen marine cream is good on face eyes and neck so I don't need a separate eye cream at the moment.

Im 38 and currently using an alpha h one which i really like,however, a friend gave me a samle of a Origins one and im going to but that when the alpha h one is finished!

I have used the pro collagen day cream on my neck area to be honest - I have an oily and very shiny t zone but quite dry eyelids/eye area and found the pro collagen to be too greasy on my face. Strangely, the night cream is a much better texture for my face but didn't think it could be used around the eyes.

I've used just about everything from Elemis to Clinique but have had great results on my circles, lines and dryness with my latest purchase (drum roll...) Sainsbury's TRI-Peptox (currently on sale for £3.49. Yep, THREE POUNDS AND FORTY-NINE PENCE!!!!!!!!!!)!

I'll probably buy the rest of the range before their sale price ends on the 31st, but after promising DH that I'd cut back this year, I thought I'd better wait to make sure my results weren't a fluke (I've only been using the eye cream a fortnight).

I love the Elemis Pro Collagen Eye Renewal but it is expensive. I've taken to getting it on eBay for about £20 which is far more reasonable as it only lasts me about six weeks....but I do love it! When I'm out of it I used the PCMC or the PCONC around the eyes and haven't had a problem with either and in fact i now only use the Eye Renewal in the morning as my day moisturiser has SPF in it and so can't be used around the eyes. If you like a gel or cream texture the Clinique All About Eyes and All About Eyes Rich are both very nice.

I'm using the Linda Papadopolous Untired Eye Cream & have been since October. It goes on & on & still loads left as you only need a tiny amount for both eyes & feels nice when you apply it. Good buy & value for money IMO.

I've tried loads and loads from expensive to cheap and the one I love and am sticking with forever is Alpha H absolute eye complex. It's a clear gel and it's cooling soothing and best of all, it works! I've got such sensitive eyes and it gives them no reaction other than a positive one. I'd recommend everyone (who hasn't already) to give it a go.

The problem I have in the eye area is that where I pluck my eye brows the skin is anything but smooth doesn`t help that it grows right down to my actual lid, none of the permanenent solutions seem to cater for the eye area, , eye shadow never looks smooth!!! plucking seems to lift the skin and I have to pluck otherwise I would look like Edward Healy....( after an hysterectomy at the early age of 40 and having to take hormone replacement to protect my bones, facial hair on brows and chin have been a problem since plus I went from 9 to 11 stone in 6 months but thats another subject! lol ) nothing I have tried seems to help ...any suggestions woud be greatly appreciated I sound like dracula`s monster!!

I have found that Avon's clinical eye cream to be very good as it has a cream for underneath the eye and a gel for the brow area and it really does seem to lift that area.
I have also been given a sample of L'Occitane eye balm which I have tried for several days now and that is really lovely and I prefer this under my eye. Might even go on to purchase full size of this once I have used up my stock of the Avon one lol....

The philosophy hope in a tube is great for under the eyes, as is Gatineau's anti-aging one. You could try Gatineau's aquamemory serum over the eyelid. The problem with putting creams on your eyelids as you then can't wear make-up on the lid as it won't adhere, so I find serums or gels the best.

I now use grape seed oil -mostly on its own and sometimes with an eye cream or moisturiser over (but it really isn't needed).

This has ended up replacing my Decleor oils - you would think it would leave your skin greasy etc, but I find it to be the complete opposite.

My pores are smaller (as it acts as a mild astringent), my eyes which do suffer from dehydration lines (due to an on going condition) are lineless even when I wake up, as are the small lines that were starting above my top lip (even though I don't smoke)- and my skin is silky soft to the touch .:clapping:

I decanted into an old Prescriptives Super Line Preventor bottle with the stopper (but a old Decleor oil bottle would do - just something where you can take a small amount each time), and simply use a few drops akin to how you use Decleor oils - have also noticed that where I initially squeeze it onto the back of my hand before applying, has become SUPER soft and line free ... all this in less than a 1 week of use.

The oil is fine and easily absorbed, it is natural and v cheap ! I do love my high end bits, but thought I would mention this to all, you may want to supplement your existing routine with it, or replace completely ... best thing is if you don't get on with it you won't have broken the bank, and can use anything left over for cooking, etc as it is cholestorol free ... :tongue:

I intend to now purchase some grape seed extract supplements, and also Chia seeds (after watching the Perricone programmes and reading up about this little seed).

HTH

Missy x

Last edited:
I have found that Avon's clinical eye cream to be very good as it has a cream for underneath the eye and a gel for the brow area and it really does seem to lift that area.
I have also been given a sample of L'Occitane eye balm which I have tried for several days now and that is really lovely and I prefer this under my eye. Might even go on to purchase full size of this once I have used up my stock of the Avon one lol....

thanks DMS - have ordered the Avon one - I'll send the boys round if it doesn't work! :cheeky: Avon at the moment offering free delivery if you spend £20 - can we labour the point once again and say QVC TAKE NOTE!

I now use grape seed oil -mostly on its own and sometimes with an eye cream or moisturiser over (but it really isn't needed).

This has ended up replacing my Decleor oils - you would think it would leave your skin greasy etc, but I find it to be the complete opposite.

My pores are smaller (as it acts as a mild astringent), my eyes which do suffer from dehydration lines (due to an on going condition) are lineless even when I wake up, as are the small lines that were starting above my top lip (even though I don't smoke)- and my skin is silky soft to the touch .:clapping:

I decanted into an old Prescriptives Super Line Preventor bottle with the stopper (but a old Decleor oil bottle would do - just something where you can take a small amount each time), and simply use a few drops akin to how you use Decleor oils - have also noticed that where I initially squeeze it onto the back of my hand before applying, has become SUPER soft and line free ... all this in less than a 1 week of use.

The oil is fine and easily absorbed, it is natural and v cheap ! I do love my high end bits, but thought I would mention this to all, you may want to supplement your existing routine with it, or replace completely ... best thing is if you don't get on with it you won't have broken the bank, and can use anything left over for cooking, etc as it is cholestorol free ... :tongue:

I intend to now purchase some grape seed extract supplements, and also Chia seeds (after watching the Perricone programmes and reading up about this little seed).

HTH

Missy x

now isnt THAT an interesting post.

now isnt THAT an interesting post.

Is that in a good way ?

I did hear that a lot of the high end cosmetics use this, its clinical name is Vitis vinifera and its full of anti-oxidents (which is why I am going to start taking the supplements too).

It cost about £1.67 for 500mls, which is why as I say its definately worth a punt - is completely natural, has little to no smell and has no parabens or nasties. :clapping: Cold pressed is best (as with any oil, as heat takes the benefits out to a great degree), but it doesn't matter whether its for cooking, or specific facial use (which I think is just a marketing use for a higher price point). :cheeky:

I have noticed a real difference with my own skin (and will now always continue to use, inc as a dry skin treatment to general body areas) - and really just hope to spread the word to others, esp those who may find beauty bits a little expensive when other things take priority.

HTH

Missy x

Last edited:
Where can I buy the cold pressed grape seed oil MissMissyFabulous? Would Tesco's stock it and I could use it for cooking if I didn't like it?

I've just bought the Mally Evercolor Starlight Mini waterproof eyeliner and my eyelids are crepey with it on and am hoping that the grape seed oil may improve them. Do you reckon it will work?

Latest posts

Back