Nail strengtheners

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Sacha

Keep calm - Log on
ProStrong v OPI v Leighton Denny v Perfect Formula etc .....which to choose for the best value and results?
All seem good when you listen to the presenters, but some have mixed reviews on the website.
Any personal experiences with these products to offer? TIA

Thanks 'our' Donna. Like the look of the bag with the gift set on their site. Is it available in the UK? I like make-up bags, I do!

It tends to vary from person to person. I find certain nail polishes don't work on me (Nails Inc doesn't last a day, whereas Leighton Denny is 3 days and OPI lasts until I get bored of it) and the same seems to be true for strengtheners. I swear by Nail Envy and the price at qvc is amazing.
You could always try them all one at a time with your 30 mbg :cheeky:

none work for me. want to try prostrong but the range is so vast and expensive....i find my nails are at thier best when i put nothing on them and just some vaseline on them to keep them hydrated. all the nail products make my nails peel,flake and split. when i do nothing they dont. maybe i am allergic to all nail product. if a specia occasion arises i paint them and promptly remove the colour the next day, my nails are better than ever lol!

ProStrong did nothing for me, Perfect Formula doesn't last the week as they say, comes away within a day or two and have not tried LD as his polish just peels off on me so I stick with OPI Nail Envy, not 100% perfect but best I have found for me.

Thanks 'our' Donna. Like the look of the bag with the gift set on their site. Is it available in the UK? I like make-up bags, I do!

Well Amazon do auto delivery on the products, so I have my nail balsam down for that.

A number of UK websites do sell the brand now. I first got it on the Q.

Trind for me too, but I've recently discovered the joys of professionally applied Shellac French, on fingers and toes!

If I rack up the amount that I waste on QVC I can continue to have them done at my local nail salon

Perfect Formula is FAB! As is nail envy. I'd recommend either but perfect formula looks prettier :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've been using Nail Envy. It did make my nails quite brittle but I've been using Avoplex to soften them. Avoplex has also softened my cuticles and got rid of the little bits of skin that catch on tights. It is expensive so I'll try Vaseline when the Avoplex runs out shortly.

Have been using OPI Nail Envy for about 12 years now and wouldn't use anything else. My nails are strong and in good condition

I wish I could say something worked for me but I've tried everything - I'm mid-sixties and have never in my life had nice strong nails. Pro-Strong works to a degree..they just get past the end of my finger and then break. Milagro, same thing. Barielle, Trind, Nail Envy, Perfect Formula, all the High St brands, have tried the lot, to no avail - my lot in life is to have ****** awful nails! Like you Boffy I keep the cuticles hydrated - at bedtime I use solid shea butter ..melt some in my palms then rub all the nails thru it and pop on gloves...use rubber gloves (how I hate them!) for washing up - but I do find too that if I just ignore them they do better than when I lavish attention on them - it's so frustrating!

I wish I could say something worked for me but I've tried everything - I'm mid-sixties and have never in my life had nice strong nails. Pro-Strong works to a degree..they just get past the end of my finger and then break. Milagro, same thing. Barielle, Trind, Nail Envy, Perfect Formula, all the High St brands, have tried the lot, to no avail - my lot in life is to have ****** awful nails! Like you Boffy I keep the cuticles hydrated - at bedtime I use solid shea butter ..melt some in my palms then rub all the nails thru it and pop on gloves...use rubber gloves (how I hate them!) for washing up - but I do find too that if I just ignore them they do better than when I lavish attention on them - it's so frustrating!

Lol BM! Good idea, if we just ignore them....perhaps they'll go away! Less to bother about then. :grin:

Thanks for all your replies ladies, interesting to hear what works for you....and what doesn't.

I think its like a lot of things, what works for one wont for another

Pro strong worked for me

I also recommend a cuticle oil OPI avoplex is my favourite

There are so many factors that affect nail condition like age, medication, seasonal etc etc
so these need to be taken in to account as well

Nail Envy did absolutely nothing for my weak dehydrated ridged nails but do rate Avoplex oil highly (both bought on QVC). In fact I believe Nail Envy made them worse! Haven't tried Prostrong so can't comment on that. My awful nails were originally saved by Nailtiques Protein Formula 2 and regular applications of CND Solar oil (both bought on Amazon). My nails were great for a year or so but then got weak again in the winter so tried the whole Trind system this time (Amazon) and my nails are getting strong and growing again. I have discovered that I need to keep up treatments, especially the oils or my nails get really dry and brittle, but have accepted that I will never have amazing tough nails whatever I do!

I have always had nails like talons but I have health issues and take a cocktail of drugs. The side effects are that my skin, hair and nails appear drier than they were. They still grow but they're very ridged and can split down the length. I've found a vitamin supplement is really essential. I had more problems than normal after having Shellac a couple of times and then tried Nail Envy with great results.

I use whatever oil I can get my mitts on for the cuticles and honestly find no difference with a special cuticle oil or Elemis melt thing or the treatment oil I use for my hair. In fact I think the hair one (L'Oreal) is the best. Mind you that could be because I can do two in one!

OPI and Pro-Strong did nothing for my nails. I really like Perfect Formula and I it does improve my nails but if I stop using it for a week or so I'm back to square one. I'm trying Leighton Denny Renovate at the moment (have no clue why I bought it really as it seemed to much of a faff for me) and cross fingers it actually seems to be working. Without anything on my nails at all they are strong without being brittle. I'm really chuffed. Peeling and weak nails was my issue and they really do seems so much better. However, it has only been two weeks so it may go downhill from here (with Pro-strong my nails improved for a little while then went back to being rubbish).

Perfect Formula is FAB! As is nail envy. I'd recommend either but perfect formula looks prettier :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I used the pink perfect formula on our October jaunt to. Florida, looked fab in the room post application BUT turned a horrid bone colour in the sun :-(

OPI and Pro-Strong did nothing for my nails. I really like Perfect Formula and I it does improve my nails but if I stop using it for a week or so I'm back to square one. I'm trying Leighton Denny Renovate at the moment (have no clue why I bought it really as it seemed to much of a faff for me) and cross fingers it actually seems to be working. Without anything on my nails at all they are strong without being brittle. I'm really chuffed. Peeling and weak nails was my issue and they really do seems so much better. However, it has only been two weeks so it may go downhill from here (with Pro-strong my nails improved for a little while then went back to being rubbish).

I tried Renovate with good results after they started peeling but I thought that it wasn't possible to wear nail polish whilst using it so I gave it up after 3 weeks.

Latest posts

Back