Nail Boutique TSV 8/11/12

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

That's a great tip Marina. Going to try that next time I do my nails - sounds much easier than doing thumbs separately .
You are welcome Bookworm, but try to hold the lamp as close as you can to your nails, you can even try to "enter" your clawed fingers in the curing area of the lamp, it will fit. For toes may be holding it a bit over your toes, but it is still possible to hold it very close.

Last edited:
Thanks, i may have to record this as am out, and no matter how careful i try and put these varnishes on, they never seem to last even up to a week on me, i like the idea of it but perhaps it is either my nails or the way i am applying as it just does not last,i might watch and learn a few more tips, having said that i can have a manicure at a salon and chip it before i get home:giggle:

The secret is do VERY thin coats of everything. I remove the brush from the bottle of varnish/base etc. and wipe on the side of the bottle to remove the excess then put a small dab onto each nail before going back and spreading it on so you get a very small amount. You do not need to go back into the bottle. If you are using a dark colour you are better doing 3-4 thin coats than 1-2 thick ones. Also make sure you paint the free edge of the nail especially with the top coat as then this seals it all.

Mine will last for at least 2 weeks and I only remove it then because I am fed up of the colour and want a change.

A tip for removing is I bought some nail soaking bowls off ebay (you could use any bowl though) and then buff the top coat off with a buffer and just soak the nails in acetone nail varnish remover for about 15 mins. It comes off easily then. No faffing with trying to wrap up with foil etc.

Am I going mad or something: The QVC website still has the 8th Nov TSV show as Nail Boutique, but when I check the TV guide via the iphone app it lists the TSV show as Beauty Stocking Fillers....???

A tip for removing is I bought some nail soaking bowls off ebay (you could use any bowl though) and then buff the top coat off with a buffer and just soak the nails in acetone nail varnish remover for about 15 mins. It comes off easily then. No faffing with trying to wrap up with foil etc.
Unfortunately, this didn't work for me. The gel polish didn't come off as well as with RC remover and now my nails are breaking may be because of the acetone that I bought in a nail shop. I was soaking nails for 10-20 minutes in a bowl. Any tips please? I do buff the top coat and even bought a more heavy duty buff from the nail shop. I stopped using RC because I dread removing process. Applying is a doddle and ware is 12-21 days and I don't put thin coats, one coat gives me colour as in a bottle and it lasts 12-21 days.

--

Last edited:
I do paint the free edge of the nail but find it isn't easy to do if your nails are short,the varnish can go all over your fingers,if you do 3-4 coats as you suggest,do you need to cure them 3-4 times as well? Thanks

I do paint the free edge of the nail but find it isn't easy to do if your nails are short,the varnish can go all over your fingers,if you do 3-4 coats as you suggest,do you need to cure them 3-4 times as well? Thanks

Yes you need to cure each coat. But I only need to do 3-4 coats if it is a dark colour as the coverage is not always good.

Mine are longer now since using the RCM as they are protected - I could never grow them before. It is difficult to do the free edge when they are short, I have found using the plastic bit of the brush rather than the bristles works when they are short as the bristles don't go under the nail and make it messy. Or just do the base and top coat and not the colours on the free edge as this will still provide some protection.

I also bought a craft stand magnifying glass as my eyesight is not so good these days and that helps loads as you can see what you are doing with the extra magnification but still have your hands free.

The RCM system is probably the best thing I have ever bought from QVC.

Ditto my nails are longer with red carpet. For thr removal proccess I buff the nails with an emery board. I cut round cotton wool pads into 4 and put a little remover on each nail followed by foil strips. Then I put a latex glove over e hand to keep the foil strips in place
I do one hand at atime and reuse the cotton wool and foil for the second hand. I leave the foils for 15 mins. I usually do a little housework whilst waiting for the acetone to disolve.
I then wash my hands after I scratch off the bubbled nail gel and apply leighton denny renovate for 24 hours. Then start with a new gel colour

Can I ask a question please.... when using normal polish over the Red Carpet polish do you use the RC top coat and cure or normal top coat??... thanks. Just put some LD polish over the plum colour but not sure which top coat to use
Love the system... on my second manicure today... first lasted 12 days.
I asked this on another thread too as had not seen this one duh dingbat me lol
Love Cynthia x

Perfect Formula TSV

Perfect Formula 5 Piece Manicure Favourites Collection
Item Number: 200541
QVC Price: £30.25
Today's Special Value Price: £24.93
P&P: £3.95

Five-piece Manicure Favourites Collection from Perfect Formula. Features two bestselling Gel Coats to instantly strengthen and add a high-shine gloss to your nails, a keratin-rich moisturising oil perfect for tackling dry, brittle nails, a fast-drying top coat plus a must-have crystal nail file. Perfect your manicure and enjoy strong, healthy nails with Perfect Formula.

Contains:
1 x Pink Gel Coat (18ml; full size) - acts like a 'suit of armour' for your nails. Contains an optical brightener that helps bring out the natural colour in your nail bed and filter out any yellow appearance in the nail. Ideal for creating a French manicure
1 x Clear Gel Coat (18ml; full size) - acts like a 'suit of armour' for your nails. Instantly strengthens, seals and protects natural nails so they can grow strong and long. Ideal for weak, brittle nails
1 x Top Coat (18ml; full size) - creates a tough fast-drying finish formulated to protect, seal and prevent yellowing of your nail polish
1 x Strong Nail Daily Moisture (15ml; full size) - super-moisturising formula rich in keratin and jojoba oil. Ideal for brittle nails
1 x crystal file - creates a smooth seal at the edge of the nail which helps prevent splitting and breaking. To clean the file, rinse gently in warm water

http://www.qvcuk.com/Perfect-Formul...ELL-_-X-SELL-_-3&relType=X-SELL&refLocation=3

Thanks Sazza, am very tempted to try this.

Its not bad stuff, I have sensitive skin and peeling nails but they tolerate this better than Nail Envy.

Q refuses to put the Sensitive & Peeling Nail Envy in any of thr OPI kits - shame as I like OPI but I've bottles of the normal NE.

I have long nails but tried the pink gel as I thought the effect looked nice wish I had not bothered as it started peeling off after 2 days.
Lynn:flower:

Why have they called this TSV 'Beauty Stocking Fillers' on the TV guide, seems a bit odd if it's a branded item they already sell? :confused:

Latest posts

Back