'My bustline is considerably bigger than yours Kim' say JR to kim ....

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Nobody probably dares tell Julia she looks dreadful. Or any of the other prima donnas. DF wouldn't listen, Chuntley would go into an artificial decline, JF would throw a hissy fit, Marverine's eyes would pop out, Ann Dawson would just talk at them in her normal voice, (punishment enough), and they wouldn't even be able to tell Sara Griffiths because she'd interrupt them before they'd finished.

OH gosh wheres my TENA Lady!!! Yes Kudos to Catherine, shes looking much better for getting slimmer, but shes a typical "YOYO dieter purely for praise" addict

Thanks for your replies...you know I really think this forum is one of the few places where people still have respect for one another - unlike digital spy or Mums net

Applause all round! Especially to you! (dont you look over your shoulder!!)

I confess I remember Max Walll and many other shows - The Good Old Days, Black & White Minstrels...

Last edited:
I get the feeling that the difference between here and Mumsnet (although I've never been on it), is the age group.

I would imagine that most of the subscribers on here have done all the Mummy thing, and are now reaping the fruits (or not) of being older and wiser - hence the lack of 'cattiness' on here (well apart from a couple of regulars I could mention, but wont)- also those of us in the 'later years age group' were brought up in an era of politeness and manners.

However, having read about an aged troller who besmirched the McCanns and her sad demise, then its quite despairing that social media and modern technology can bring out the worst in any of us. People appear to think its legal and ok to write such rubbish on the internet, but really its on a par with sending abuse and blackmail letters through the post !

I'm 41 and a mum with young kids. I wouldn't touch mumsnet with a bargepole.

There are some fab folks on here. But I agree some not-so. And speaking in defense of my age group I have not found the younger ones on here to have the monopoly on rudeness. Not by a long chalk.

Not a sensible intelligent observation, but...

The title of this thread keeps making me giggle because it reminds me of an old comedy sketch by Harry Enfield. Two chavy snobs who used to say 'We are considerably richer than you.' In a really strong brummy accent lol

Latest posts

Back