Murano

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

BurlyBeaR

Registered Shopper
If I were a woman I would be all over this range. I'm a complete tart for coloured glass. It's gorgeous.

and a better command of the English language than many of the presenters!

Jude xx

I've got a couple of the Murano rings, and everyone always compliments me when I wear them...they are beautiful to wear.

If I were a woman I would be all over this range. I'm a complete tart for coloured glass. It's gorgeous.

Have you ever been to Murano BB ? It's well worth a visit. Although this type of glass isn't for me, I appreciate the skill involved in making it.

I said on another thread that I have several pieces from the past, but now, at these prices its not much cheaper to go to Venice for the weekend and buy it direct !

I went to Murano, but its very much a "put on for the tourists" type of show when they demonstrate how its made; and then we were 'gently' led into the shop where we were 'gently' parted with our Euros !!!!!!

I've been to Venice but it was a long time ago. Ii remember seeing excursions to Murano advertised but I didn't really know what it was.

It seems very expensive, but beauitful. apparently most of the 'Murano' glass sold in the souvenir shops in Venice comes from, surprise, surprisse, China. not this range I am sure. I really like the presenter, competent pleasant lady, wish I could afford some of it.

It seems very expensive, but beauitful. apparently most of the 'Murano' glass sold in the souvenir shops in Venice comes from, surprise, surprisse, China. not this range I am sure. I really like the presenter, competent pleasant lady, wish I could afford some of it.

Yes, I agree for the most part. However if you look in the high end galleries, the glass there is very definitely Murano.

On Bargain Hunt today there was a Murano vase, it sold for around £20. One of those things you buy cos you like it, not for investment.

I have about 7 pieces, rings, because I want to look at them. The last one I bought 2 weeks ago, LastClicks, low £teens. Black/silver/gold/white - gorgeous and unique. Seriously, one of the nicest I have. Received many compliments over the years on them.

Update to previous post - LastClicks 693889, £10.44, Abstract - my work here is done. x

There used to be a "venetian" glass demo place in Blackpool years ago (it may still be there) Always struck me as a weird thing to be there but the town is full of touristy things to do when it's raining. Hell I miss living in the fylde coast sometimes!

Jude xx

I particularly like the multi coloured smaller bead necklaces and bracelets. Some of it is just too big for meand in the past they've had some serious colour clash stuff. Nice to see it back though.

I don't remember the genuine stuff being particularly cheap in Italy though.

Gosh you have tiny wee fingers Jabba! Must make it very difficult to buy the right size from anywhere.

I am blessed with a size N ring finger which means on the High Street I'm often in luck as N seems to be the stock size. It used to irritate my ex-husband who sometimes wished that a ring wouldn't fit when we were out shopping but it usually did.

Latest posts

Back