Mr Max - synthetic heaven

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I had an orange crochet type of mini dress which was very see through which my then boyfriend, now OH loved(!) but which even then I knew showed too much and was self conscious.

I was a crimplene queen, too, neelia! Ah for my little yellow mini (and for the days when I could actually look good in minis) that I ran up on my mother's old hand Singer sewing machine ... and the little orangey bum-scraper that I dared go out in or rather, that I dared go upstairs in ...

Those were the days, my friend ....
:mysmilie_846:
LOL my mum was in her 40 and 50s in the 60s and not a bum scraper to be seen. I'm sure you turned a few heads in yours :)

Yes THOSE Were the days my friend! But did we wear skirts as short as they do today, I don't think you could actually see our knickers!! Unless we bent over of course :whew:

So glad I'm not the only one who hates the amount of yucky poly-Hester which features on qvc 'fashion'. I think they use it because it's cheap(er) and esp with the ole Lycra in it, it screws up without creasing and washes without shrinking (or so I'm told, won't wear it esp not next to my skin!)
I was given a polyester dressing gown (long and fluffy) but it gives me electric shocks, static hair and doesn't breathe :(

Don't see much linen on qvc? And never seen bamboo which I love!

I love a polyester / Lycra mix... It's great for commuting as it stretches and doesn't crease from sitting down.

Contrary to popular opinion, it doesn't make me feel any hotter or stickier than cotton; but then I choose a size that fits rather than is so tight that it hugs the skin!

Funny how people can have such opposing views.

I love a polyester / Lycra mix... It's great for commuting as it stretches and doesn't crease from sitting down.

Contrary to popular opinion, it doesn't make me feel any hotter or stickier than cotton; but then I choose a size that fits rather than is so tight that it hugs the skin!

Funny how people can have such opposing views.

Totally agree!! I'm somewhat bemused that someone who has never ordered from the range, so has never felt or worn the clothes can make such a statement about a specific range! In the days before the internet and forums you could end up in trouble for making such remarks with the possibility of damaging a company's reputation, I don't have a problem with general remarks about material, if you have actually worn it, that is but to aim remarks at a particular company is poor form in my books!

So glad I'm not the only one who hates the amount of yucky poly-Hester which features on qvc 'fashion'. I think they use it because it's cheap(er) and esp with the ole Lycra in it, it screws up without creasing and washes without shrinking (or so I'm told, won't wear it esp not next to my skin!)
I was given a polyester dressing gown (long and fluffy) but it gives me electric shocks, static hair and doesn't breathe :(

Don't see much linen on qvc? And never seen bamboo which I love!

Oh where do you get your bamboo clothes? Just googled it and the properties sound just up my street.

Oh where do you get your bamboo clothes? Just googled it and the properties sound just up my street.

Well, various places but it's tended to be 'basics' as not had much luck finding dresses etc in it... But www.bambooclothing.co.uk do skinny tees and so on in it which I've worn for yoga.
I have a bamboo maxi skirt from H&M conscious collection, socks from Elle which I bought off eBay and knitted a couple of lightweight top from bamboo yarn (which is so cool to work with - in every sense!).
Good luck searching...!
It's amazingly soft and v sustainable but it is not as hard wearing as some fabrics...
Oh the other place to look is Uniqlo - but I think that was just a camisole...?

I've got some items from BAM over the years,all lovely to wear especially the socks.
I wear them in winter with boots & they're lovely,soft & warm.
Sometimes,BAM have offers like 3 for 2 or clearance items with specific sizes only so even better value for money.

Bamboo is great,isn't it? I've only got socks in it so far, but they are firm favourites. And it is such an environmentally sustainable fabric, too.

I like viscose, esp. Viscose jersey (remember when the non-jersey used to crease into knife edges?), but the processing is very chemical (solvents and then massive use of water to rinse), so that it calling it a 'natural fibre' sits uneasily with me.

Latest posts

Back