Mothers Day the New Christmas @ Q?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

All this going on & on & on about prezzies for Mothers Day, (yes I know heavy selling technique)its ALMOST reaching Christmas standards.Many people don't have their Mothers around anymore just like we are not all in the 'perfect' extended family exchanging gifts left right & centre at Christmas.I have nothing against these occasions it's just the way Q plug it to DEATH.Get ready for Fathers day!

FD has already been mentioned - I think it may have been John Barrowman hour - because I remember shouting at telly that it was not until June FGS!

I won't be getting my "mother" anything. My Nan however, shall be getting spoiled rotten <3

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

next weekend and enjoy a dinner and drinks together. Maybe different flavoured vodka this

time :glass:

Hey SB, a girl in my work made Skittles vodka once, she didnt like it, but I did lol! Also I rem one time watching an episode of Jamie Oliver where he was putting Vodka into a watermelon over the course of a few days, he had like a little spout thing that he kept topping it up with, often wondered what that was like ;)

Hey SB, a girl in my work made Skittles vodka once, she didnt like it, but I did lol! Also I rem one time watching an episode of Jamie Oliver where he was putting Vodka into a watermelon over the course of a few days, he had like a little spout thing that he kept topping it up with, often wondered what that was like ;)
Yes my DD did skittles one at Christmas for herself and the wherthers one for me DS and my OH. It was lovely and tasted like sweets, but obviously was pure vodka, which i gulped down (xmas day) and was ill for the day lol.
She also made pear drop vodka,. Its all kept in the freezer so lovely texture. Will pass on about the watermelon :wave:

Over recent years Q have noticeably become really money making and commercial at every single opportunity. As we all know Christmas countdown starts in July, events such as Valentines Day, Mothering Sunday etc etc are flogged to death at every given chance and it is far becoming common practice for presenters to encourage us viewers not to just buy one, no, no, get two or three! So basically they are just a great big money making exercise trying to save face by insinuating we are their "extended family", after all look how they rip us over the postage charges.

Very sadly I think the true sentiment of events and consideration towards people who have lost loved ones, just go by the wayside as bank balances appear as all that matters to the powers that be these days. We are not extended family, we are customers with pennies!

My thoughts go out to everybody who will be spending their Mothering Sunday without their loved ones xxxxxxx

Last edited:
I think it's nice when smaller children make cards at school for their mothers, but I suppose some of them don't have anyone to give their cards too which is sad.
I object to all commercial occasions - Valentines, Easter, Mothering Sunday, Fathers Day, Christmas. They are all overhyped. If you have to wait til Mothering Sunday to make your mother feel appreciated then it is a bad day.
And as said, some people don't have mothers/can't be a mother/or are bad mothers!

I agree with you Pickles, all these occasions ARE over-hyped these days - I mean, you even see cards in shops "Happy Mother's Day from the cat" don't you?! I've been over to see Dad this morning and took my flowers to the cemetery, but my Mum had lots of love, flowers etc while she was still here ...now she's not, the flowers are the least I can do. I always tell my DD not to buy flowers as they double the price at such times but it's all I can buy for my own Mum.

Yes my DD did skittles one at Christmas for herself and the wherthers one for me DS and my OH. It was lovely and tasted like sweets, but obviously was pure vodka, which i gulped down (xmas day) and was ill for the day lol.
She also made pear drop vodka,. Its all kept in the freezer so lovely texture. Will pass on about the watermelon :wave:

The mind boggles! Now I used to be a vodka-and-lime girl in my younger days, it was the only thing I liked, but never even thought about trying it with sweets and things :whew: however, whatever floats your boat as they say..me, I'll stick to my white wine spritzers I think! Or :coffee: would be better for me..!

The mind boggles! Now I used to be a vodka-and-lime girl in my younger days, it was the only thing I liked, but never even thought about trying it with sweets and things :whew: however, whatever floats your boat as they say..me, I'll stick to my white wine spritzers I think! Or :coffee: would be better for me..!

Lol Carol, gimme a milky coffee anyday, Im not a big drinker, can go for weeks without touching a sip, but if the occasion arises I do love cocktails and different things like the sweetie vod,, like the sound of the pear drops one SB! Not too much though coz I loathe hangovers :-(

I know what you mean BM i'm the same, vodka and diet white, with loads of ice. But i think the younger ones are all into cocktails and shots etc., and wherthers vodka you make for days, adding things, don't really know how, as DD did it, but it was an experience. And the rest of it is still in the freezer from Christmas, so i'm not planning on getting used to it. Probably best LOL

I feel duty bound to give you my official opinion on the melon fed cocktail. My niece's partner feeds a ripe melon as described with gin for a few days, The contents including the flesh is then liquidised and poured over crushed ice - delicious on a hot summer evening.

I only have one you understand?

A small one of course… :glass:

I feel duty bound to give you my official opinion on the melon fed cocktail. My niece's partner feeds a ripe melon as described with gin for a few days, The contents including the flesh is then liquidised and poured over crushed ice - delicious on a hot summer evening.

Oh that sounds refreshing Frazzled. My DD must do the same with the vodka and wherthers melted. As you say nice over a glass of ice, but i think i went a step to far, and put it in a wine glass l:glass: an experience i'm getting too old to experience lol

Few days time it will be sod mothers day and hello presents for Easter

To the Voddie lovers, I love "Caralicious" Vodka (http://www.fabulousvodka.co.uk/), tastes like creme brulee!

And to those who've mentioned Mothering Sunday as opposed to "Mother's Day", you sent me straight back to St Mary's the Virgin circa 19?? something, I was in my best frock on Mothering Sunday morning, white socks and shoes and I think my Dad walked me up to collect a slightly droopy bunch of Daffs from the vicar!!!! I even remember how they felt and smelt, lovely memory!

Ahh so thats what its all about,, yes that would be lovely, will deffo get the hubby to give that a whirl in the summer :glass:

Latest posts

Back