Most expensive item you've bought from QVC?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Mine was an 18ct gold Clogau anniversary ring bought about twelve years ago followed by a pilates machine and stand.

I bought a New York Gems ruby and gold spray ring ages ago for about £200 or maybe less - I think when Q was in its infancy. A friend of mine saw it quite recently and nearly fell off their chair when I told them how "little" I had paid for it. Told me to get it valued - so maybe I will. Apart from that, I have two Dennis Basso faux furs that cost around £100 each and that's as much as it goes these days. I have worn one of them nearly to death so I guess I've had my money's worth.

CC

Can I ask why you did not like the curved TV - my husband likes these, so would be interested to know your views. Not that we are going to change the TV for a good while yet.

It seemed to have a lot more irritating reflections when switched off. Think of a double sided bathroom mirror. On the flat side, you hardly notice it. But on the convex side it seems much brighter, it attracts your attention, and you get annoying reflections as you move around the room.

And contrary to what the presenters said, I think the viewing angle is much less than a flat screen, you have to be more directly in front of it. Some techy magazine reviews agree with this.

Which Bose Bluetooth speaker do you mean ILS.

I have the mini Soundlink, Q price £169, available elsewhere from £144 with free delivery, try THURGO.

Currently £138-99, £5 less than I paid :(

About 15 years ago, I bought a Canon digital camera for my husband's birthday. It was a TSV, if I recall correctly, and quite a decent camera in it's day. He's moved on since, to a very sophisticated DSLR, but I like to think it was the QVC camera that opened up a new hobby for him.
And some time later, he bought me (for my birthday, at my request) a beautiful gold & multiple coloured sapphire Viva Las Vegas ring, which cost a pretty penny. I've still got it, and I still love it.
Those were the days, when you could get some decent gold jewellery on QVC ...

It seemed to have a lot more irritating reflections when switched off. Think of a double sided bathroom mirror. On the flat side, you hardly notice it. But on the convex side it seems much brighter, it attracts your attention, and you get annoying reflections as you move around the room.

And contrary to what the presenters said, I think the viewing angle is much less than a flat screen, you have to be more directly in front of it. Some techy magazine reviews agree with this.

Thank you for that Stratobuddy - that would put me off too. I think once you have noticed that, you would be looking out for it all the time.

Which Bose Bluetooth speaker do you mean ILS.

I have the mini Soundlink, Q price £169, available elsewhere from £144 with free delivery, try THURGO.

Currently £138-99, £5 less than I paid :(
I mean the Bose sound link colour which seems to be £119 in most shops but I think I shall just buy another small digital radio for the time being

I mean the Bose sound link colour which seems to be £119 in most shops but I think I shall just buy another small digital radio for the time being

Around £99 or less at Thurgo, depending on colour.

I've bought from them twice, no problems, fast free delivery.

But their prices seem to fluctuate quite frequently, seems to depend on their stock levels and supply and demand.

A Samsung net book about 7 years ago, in the days before tablets were "affordable". It cost £300 but it's still going strong but slow and I reckon I've had excellent value for money out of it. I've got an I pad mini now but the net book is still useful for docs, spreadsheets etc. my best ever QVC purchase.

More recently I bought the Bose mini speaker thingy which was about £170. It replaced my 20 year old hi fi system and I'm very happy with it. I'm not a "sound purist" so the quality might not be good enough for a lot of people but it's fine for me and fingers crossed I'll get my money's worth from it too.

I bought a very expensive Polti steam cleaner in the early years...it was big and awkward and did not live up to Polti Pat's sale spiel...it went to the scrap yard long before it should have done.

Latest posts

Back