Morphy Richards Stand Mixer TSV 22/02/13

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

i watched last night & decided it wasnt going to be any good for my cake making needs, the housing is plastic & I seriously think it will struggle with a heavy fruit cake mix , wouldn't surprise me if the motor burns out after 6 months

I have been looking for a good quality mixer at a reasonable price for a long time , but i cant afford the hundreds they want for a good quality machine so i will stick to my hand mixer

Madge, you (and anyone else frustrated by the TSV) might want to look at this

http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb...ias=kitchen&field-keywords=andrew james mixer

It's not compact but it's only £79.95 down from £199.00 (although it seems to be permanently on offer) and gets great reviews. Silver,Red or Black.

i watched last night & decided it wasnt going to be any good for my cake making needs, the housing is plastic & I seriously think it will struggle with a heavy fruit cake mix , wouldn't surprise me if the motor burns out after 6 months

I have been looking for a good quality mixer at a reasonable price for a long time , but i cant afford the hundreds they want for a good quality machine so i will stick to my hand mixer

Just reserved a Ready Steady Cook SM982 (cat no 902/0122) stand mixer from Argos for £49.99, it has a 550w motor and all usual attachments plus a splatter guard. Will pick it up tomorrow so will see what its like. I had the last one from our local Argos.

I'm almost embarrassed to admit that I am a subscriber to Good Hpusekeeping magazine .

I've just received my April 2013 issue and on page 197 there is a tried and tested busy women's guide to baking results are ......... drumroll please............

1st place with a score of 93/100 is KitcehAid Artisan Stand mixer

2nd place with a score of 90/100 is Kenwood KMix Stand mixer and

3rd place with a score of 84/100 is Bodum Bistro Stand mixer

There was a special addition of for lighter tasks ...

Score 88/100 the Wahl James Martin Hand whisk @ £24.99 !!!!

Did anyone else see the latest presentation at 4pm when Jillie was making the cupcake mixture? When she was scooping the mixture into the bun moulds, the mixture wasn't mixed properly and there was flour all over two of the cupcakes. Yuck. I do feel sorry for some of the presenters trying to sell this tripe.
Have there been any demos of the mixer making pastry or dough, other than cake mix and egg whites and meringues? Bet that would be a sight to see :thinking:

I'm a Which subscriber and they have Magimix in each of the top 5 positions. Kitchenaid is number 21 - they haven't reviewed a Morphy Richards machine

well i am watching the demo on qvc now , mash spuds all whizzed up the sides of the metal dish , its not mixing anything other than liquid properly, whats the point if you have to manipulate the metal dish to ensure it blends properly , i cant believe they have sold 3000 ,

Also, if you are buying on a budget (or just don't want to spend loads), do look in your local free ads or Ebay for a second hand Kenwood stand mixer (second hand Kitchenaids still tend to be quite pricey). My first mixer was a second hand Kenwood Chef, it must have been 25 years old when I bought it and I had it another 15 years. It's the second best mixer I've ever owned, after my Kitchenaid.

Also, if you are buying on a budget (or just don't want to spend loads), do look in your local free ads or Ebay for a second hand Kenwood stand mixer (second hand Kitchenaids still tend to be quite pricey). My first mixer was a second hand Kenwood Chef, it must have been 25 years old when I bought it and I had it another 15 years. It's the second best mixer I've ever owned, after my Kitchenaid.

I agree, my Kenwood Chef did exactly the same as my Kitchenaid just doesn't have the same looks. A bit like comparing a Vauxhall with a Porsche - both will get you from a-b but not look quite as glamourous.

Thanks for everyone's comments on this. I haven't seen any demonstrations but I was interested in it. I like the idea that I could get on with something else whilst the machine did the mixing but this doesn't seem to be the case :sad: I will stick with my trusty handmixer although that will need replacing very soon.

Watching the 10pm presentation and its doing a crap job of mixing ANYTHING she's trying to demonstrate! I'd like to see it cope with bread dough!

I'm also watching the 10pm demo. Why would I want to hold the bowl or reverse it? 2 mins with my hand mixer and I'm done.

I'm surprised MR produced this.

Watching the 10pm presentation and its doing a crap job of mixing ANYTHING she's trying to demonstrate! I'd like to see it cope with bread dough!

Jilly did say that it wouldn't do dough, the dough hooks are for cookies. I have only seen this last presentation and to be honest after watching the Kenwood hour on IW if I needed a mixer I would wait until I could afford that as this one looks useless. The beaters on it are the same size as my Kenwood hand mixer which is why you need to slow it with your hand as they are small and cannot mix everything properly, they're being cheap by not putting the various speeds on it.

you get what you pay for in mixers. kenwood and kitchen aid are the market leaders for a reason. kitchen aids look beautiful. the kenwood is a more masculine version of the pretty kitchen aid. with kenwood/kitchenaid the reliability is important factor as they are not cheap. some are much cheaper than others because because they are not pure cast iron, have more plastic parts and a slower motor. if you are baking several times a week its worth the investment as when you get a quality mixer you will be amazed at the results and speed but only invest if yoy bake regularly if you bake once a month or once a year save your pennies

Latest posts

Back