Morphy Richards Iron TSV 08/08/15

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I wouldn't get another Morphy Richards steam generator iron after the problems I had with mine. It was a TSV about 18 months ago. I've gone back to my normal steam iron, no fuss, good job, easy to store, less stress.
The MR iron played up one time too many a couple weeks ago. It was ceremoniously ejected from the house and taken to the tip. Boy, did that feel good :mysmilie_14:

This looks the same as the one I have - different colour, not bought from QVC. I hate ironing and this makes it easy going - I whizz through the weeks ironing in no time. The descale light comes on quite often but I don't always descale it when it says to.

Looks the same as the TSV at the start of the year ( for around the £110 mark inc p&p) - which I bought.
Was great for the first couple of months then the steam would stop being generated after 10 mins of ironing , and it dribbled water all over the floor.
Contacted Q and they arranged for it to be collected and I was refunded - bought a tefal steam generator iron from Amazon ( for a similar price) - won't go back to std irons after the steam generator one - cuts your ironing time in half - wonderful things ( if they work !)

It looks like the one I bought at the beginning of the year but it is black/grey. I have been pleased with mine, this is my fourth generator iron can't get on with a normal one now.

Mine is red, also a TSV. They can be a diferent steam power, for example, mine is 6.5 Bar.
Very good for delicate fabrics, I just run steam over an item when it's on a hanger and ready to go.

An Iron as a Tsv WTF!! Come on Q you have all these brands, you can do way better, They are getting more and more like IW every day.

WARNING - please read if you are considering purchasing the MR tsv.

Another one who wouldn't recommend MR irons!! I had 2, 1 form QVC (tsv) and one purchased directly from MR. Qvc were great and refunded the full amount after the iron tank leaked hot water whilst ironing but MR policy is only a partial refund or repair even though the iron was well under 1 year warranty/guarantee. Same problem with the second iron, hot water splashed out of the tank with a bang whilst ironing. Luckily on both occasion no was burnt!

Purchased an Tefal one and seems a lot better in comparison and hoping their CS is 100 times better than MR!

My Daughter wouldn't touch another MR iron, she had one of the TSV's and it leaked after two days, it went back to QVC, she had her money back and bought a Tefal generator iron from Amazon...it is great and she is hooked, she says she couldn't go back to an ordinary iron again.

Morphy Richards 4.5 Bar Power Steam Elite Generator Iron
Item Number: 804150
QVC Price £122.00
Today's Special Value Price £99.96
P&P £7.95

This powerful iron features a 4.5 bar high pressure steam system for smoothing out even the toughest creases, plus ceramic soleplates for exceptional glide-ability, variable settings, easy-to-use electronic controls and so much more. Make ironing simple, effortless and a lot less of a chore with this hard-working 422220 steam generator iron from Morphy Richards.

Powerful steam output - features an impressive 160g of constant steam and high 4.5 bar pressure to help you cut down your ironing time and power through even the toughest of creases with ease. Additionally, using the iron vertically is also great for de-creasing or refreshing hanging garments, curtains and upholstery.

An extra-large water tank - means you can iron for longer without the need to refill. When you do need to add more water, the control panel will light up to alert you. Then you can simply detach the tank, fill it up and carry on where you left off, without having to wait for it to cool down first.

Anti-scale management system - the illuminated controls let you know when the iron needs de-scaling. Just manually rinse out the boiler with clean water and the light will go out once all of the scale has been removed.

Intuitive electronic controls - the three variable steam settings are easy to use with light-up buttons controlling the steam, so you can always see at a glance which setting you are currently using. Select Low for delicate fabrics, or High for more heavy-duty materials.

Auto shut off - this steam generator iron has a fail-safe mechanism which will switch the unit off automatically if it hasn't been used for a period of time. This will kick in after ten minutes of not depressing the steam trigger and is simple to reboot with the on/off button.

Easy-to-clean ceramic soleplate provides durability for a pristine finish
Illuminated buttons for Power on, Descale and Water Refill

What’s in the box?

1 x 422220 Power Steam Elite 4.5 Bar Steam Generator iron and base
1 x instruction booklet

Technical specifications:

Water capacity: 1.7L
Steam output: 160g
Steam settings: 3
Vertical steam
Anti-scale
Automatic shut off
Heat-up time: three minutes
Wattage: 2400W
Voltage: 230V-240V
Weight: 4.96kg
Power cord: 1.8m
Steam supply cord: 1.8m
Power source: mains electrical three-pin plug
Steam generator iron (h x w x d): 38cm x 20cm x 30cm (14.9" x 7.8" x 11.8")

Behind the brand
When engineer Donal Morphy and salesman Charles Richards teamed up in the 1930s, Morphy Richards was born. Since then this steadfast brand has been designing innovative appliances for the home, focusing on ensuring every task is made quicker and easier with brilliant results.

All measurements are approximate

http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/app.detail/params.item.804150

Having had problems with, and returned, two different Morphy Richards irons to Qvc about a year ago I went with a which report recommendation - a non generator steam iron- and would never go back to those huge heavy tanks. I am delighted with my Phillips Azure which was less than half the price and far easier to manoeuvre .

Last edited:
We wouldn't have this iron again either... It runs short of steam and its forever leaking brown bits out of it despite cleaning it on a regular basis.

We bought a Polti from QVC in about 1998 and a year later added the iron attachment and both are still going strong, plus Polti's customer service is excellent. They collect and return your Polti for a service and/or repair for a flat fee which we've only had to do once in 17 years. I also have a steam press which is great when I can't stand for long periods. I'd recommend either options, especially if you love ironed sheets.

Here's another voice against MR steam generators. I have had two from QVC, different models. Each one went on the blink within weeks. Fortunately QVC very good at collecting and refunding promptly. Read the reviews not only on Q but on other suppliers' websites, and was completely put off from ever ordering another by the frequency of people saying theirs broke down and MR very bad at replacing or refunding.

I worry about Q and electricals... having had three VAX from them which all set themselves on fire.

The Tefal recommendation from others in this thread seems a good idea. I gave up the steam generator idea and got a Philipps for under £30, an ordinary steam iron which got rave reviews and does everything I wanted, including steaming garments on rails as it can be used in the vertical position.

Mainly I use my wonderful steam press, first got the idea, but not the machine, from IW many years ago. Totally brilliant way of doing lots of ironing quickly.

Latest posts

Back