morganite

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Jones

Registered Shopper
who is the guest with DF for the morganite hour?
she seems unknowledgeable about the products, or is it just that debbie is so patronising?

i really love the look of morganite, but on Q they're so expensive... i will wait a few weeks and they'll be in their clearance no doubt :mysmilie_59:

I have 2 morganite rings in white gold, and two in yellow gold. The big one I got on ebay and ex TSV from QVC long ago, it was really cheap compared to what you pay now.

Quite often its cheaper to look for a good quality loose morganite stone and then have it set. Most bench jewellers can provide either a ready made setting or even make one from scratch.
I bought a lovely pink kunzite stone and had it made into a pendant and I have another loose stone waiting to be made into something else. At the end of the day every piece of morganite jewellery begins with a loose stone which is then set into a ring or whatever. It quite often works out a hell of a lot cheaper especially if you happen to have scrap gold or silver you can use up. You can end up literally just paying the labour. Here`s an example of a pink morganite stone and my kunzite was a cushion cut and I had it set into a plain gold pendant setting. Of course it becomes a lot more expensive if you want fancy settings with surrounding diamonds etc. You can pay a little or a lot for loose stones depending on their size.
Here`s a 12ct cushion cut stone http://www.gemcollector.com/en-gb/product/galileia-morganite-gc-loose-stone/thds43/
Here`s a 12ct emerald cut ring from Q http://www.qvcuk.com/12ct-Morganite...uct.607942.html?sc=[Ljava.lang.String;@e400e4

There`s no way it would cost you £1000 to have the loose stone set !

I have 2 morganite rings in white gold, and two in yellow gold. The big one I got on ebay and ex TSV from QVC long ago, it was really cheap compared to what you pay now.

Rose gold really complements the stone, imo.

Must say I do love the look of morganite it is so feminine. The prices for the loose stones are very tempting, but they do need the rosé gold to bring out the true beauty of the colours. I did buy a ring this afternoon after saying that I wouldn't I fell for the Presentation spiel, that being said, I don't mind too much because I am upgrading from silver to gold....that's my excuse

I think most pink stones look better in rose gold unless they are a really vibrant pink and then you can get away with other gold colours. My engagement ring has a pink stone in the centre of it and even though the ring is platinum the centre stone is surrounded with rose gold to make the colour stand out more.

Latest posts

Back