More used good - disgusted!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I am curious now - what ring and size was it? Can't help but wonder if that's the one we ended up with? :D

Still waiting for their letter. I just wish they would actually do something about these problems. It galls me that I've now got unfit goods and they've got my money!

Sorry for the delay replying Moth, I've only just seen your post.

It was this ring, size U: http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/app.detail/params.item.688204 The one I returned was badly scratched making the silver look dull and not shiny at all! (It wasn't encrusted though, thank goodness :26:)

I already have one for my ring finger (but wanted one for my thumb too) so knew exactly how it should have arrived.

Now when I'm tempted by a piece of jewellery in clearance, if I can't add 5 to my shopping cart (thereby showing it's likely to be a new ring I'll receive) I err on the side of caution and assume it's a return, so don't buy it :angel:

:flower:

Thanks for that. It's not the same one we went for but it goes to show that QVC are up to their tricks a lot! I wonder how many more non-forum using customers have these issues?

It's my turn now, I ordered a diamonique ring just before christmas, only ever purchased one other around 7 years ago and although impressed, it wasn't quite up to scratch for me and gave it my sis and she wore it for years. So I thought I'd give one another go as a treat. I was sooo excited (sad as I am) it finally came today, just as a friend was visiting me and I tried to seem calm and not too daft at recieving a ring from QVC (she sat there with her £1000 platinum diamond ring and me with a package with a £25 silver diamonique, what a difference). Well I didn't see it, my friend did straight away though, a missing stone, it's an unusual 4 stone set eternity type ring, has stones set at the side/base of the ring as well and I liked it's quirkyness. So now my friend has a very low opinion of QVC having seen this fault in the flesh and I feel a fool for buying from them.

Tonight I've sat studying it with my glasses on! and I'm thinking it could be a retrurn, the ring looks pushed in at the side where the stone is missing and one of the main feature stones is too slanted on the setting, like it's been crushed, also the colour of the silver around there is really dark, like it's old. I rememebred this thread and re read it, call me jaded but I think it's been cleaned up thinking alls ok but it isn't. If it's not that, it's bad workmanship and hasn't been quality checked and although isn't instantly obvious, takes seconds to notice the missing stone.

This has never happened to me before with QVC, I don't buy lots of jewllery but have a around 10 rings of varying values through my long time shopping with them and they are all good. This'll be the 4th item this year I will have returned so no doubt will get the letter but a two of the returns have been faults.

It's so dissapointing, I was really looking forward to this ring, QVC are going down A LOT in my estimation.

Could you imagine them getting away with behaving the way they do, if they ran a shop...and I don't mean an outlet! I know places can make mistakes, but there's really no excuse for poor customer service. Just because the customer is at the end of a phone line, they think they can fob them off with bullsh*t and shoddy treatment. Bottom line is they don't give a monkeys about disatisfied customers, cause as long as they have a good amount of happy ones fawning down the phonelines telling how wonderful they are, nothing's going to change.

Could you imagine them getting away with behaving the way they do, if they ran a shop...and I don't mean an outlet! .

You mean like Argos ?

They have a habit of not checking returns and putting them back for sale, once got a printer and when i got home it already had the ink carts installed which were half full !

You mean like Argos ?

They have a habit of not checking returns and putting them back for sale, once got a printer and when i got home it already had the ink carts installed which were half full !

As QVC pride themselves on emulating the "high end" of the market,(and their prices reflect that) then no! Like I say, mistakes can be made by any retail establishment....it's how they go about rectifying them that makes all the difference and perhaps people might "vote with their feet" a bit more, if they were fighting for survival on the high street! I'm not saying that Argos shouldn't too be more careful about putting used stock on sale at full price, of course they should, and I hope that they rectified this matter to your satisfaction..but it just seems to me that QVC are taking the proverbial cause they're not having to deal with customers face to face, and a large number of their customers need to use them 'cause they aren't able to go out to the shops for whatever reason,and dare I say it....many are addicted to tv shopping!

Last edited:
i got a silver necklace just before christmas that was a very well used return, the pendant was dreadfully scratched and dented on both sides. luckily i bought it for the chain and not the pendant so i have decided not to return it.

BUT.... and playing devil advocate here.... i think the small percentage of used returns that are sent out again is a small price to pay for the 30 day no quibble return. how many shops can you go to and buy shampoo or lipstick, use it for 25 days and then send it back? most highstreet shops will not take back cosmetics unless they are still sealed or faulty. Let alone expensive handbags, bedding and all of the other stuff that QVC sell. without pristine condition and the tag still in place forget getting your money back
Yes it is maddening when you get something that has been used and it can make you want to stop buying from them but it can be sent back and (in principal) at their expence. but if for example you have bought 20 items last year, used and then returned 5 items and had the misfortune to get 1 item that was pre used then i think you are still winning.
Personally my theory is this is another reason why the p&p is so high... they make money off that to help cover the losses on the returned (and well used) goods.

"Watchdog"

Watchdog? They'll take a small bit of a non-news story and make it sound like everyman and his dog has a problem omitting several facts and rather more interested in sensationlism. Sadly a program in decline from it's original purpose.

Trading standards: you're paying for the department so go and use them!

Latest posts

Back