More foul ups.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Moth

Registered Shopper
Yet again, QVC have taken an advanced order payment 5 days early, without any notice but I'm still without the product almost a week later. This is only the second time I've used advanced orders and they screwed the first one up as well and made a complete mess of my bank. There is nothing remotely advanced about the way QVC operate their business. I thought they were supposed to keep us informed "every step of the way". I'd rather see more easy pays on items than advance orders. I'm sure it's a sneaky way of tying people into orders as I'm sure many, like me, either forget about them completely or don't expect it to go out so much earlier than expected. QVC should be obliged by law to inform you when a payment is going to be taken, especially when you have been given a specific date.

Years ago I went on Advanced Order for two ABC skin wash TSV, that was obviously before I knew better, and because someone must've cancelled their order or their card never went through, I had £90 taken out twenty minutes after I placed my "Advanced Order" I didn't mind because I knew how they worked, but I do agree with that if they give an A/O date, they should stick to it or at least notify you by email 48 hours before they take the money, giving you the option to cancel if the money isn't in your account or you need it for other things, but don't forget, this is prehistoric QVC we're talking about.

I thought companies were legally obliged to give you notice of taking money out of your account - they can send emails giving your a couple of days' warning about EZpays, why can't they instigate the same system for ADs?

Slightly rhetorical question, because they want the money and don't want to give people a chance to cancel, in case they forgot or changed their mind. I know I'm super cynical, but the facility is obviously there to warn people, they just choose not to use it.

The problem is the date the give is subject to change, they do say it could be earlier!

Their "Business Improvement Groups" obviously don't work. See this in today's Guardian (paragraph 3):

https://www.theguardian.com/careers/2017/feb/13/10-ways-to-enhance-creativity-at-work

“We are constantly looking for new ways to build a culture of bottom-up continuous innovation and improvement,” says Kelly Morgan, vice-president, HR, International QVC. “For example, we started BIGs [Business Improvement Groups] to enable creative problem-solving focused on critical issues the organisation is facing. .....”

I don't know about "bottom-up improvements" but they know a thing or two about shafting us. Maybe these focus groups need to be looking at improving the customer experience rather than just improving their own bottom line, which they seem to excel at.

Their "Business Improvement Groups" obviously don't work. See this in today's Guardian (paragraph 3):

https://www.theguardian.com/careers/2017/feb/13/10-ways-to-enhance-creativity-at-work

“We are constantly looking for new ways to build a culture of bottom-up continuous innovation and improvement,” says Kelly Morgan, vice-president, HR, International QVC. “For example, we started BIGs [Business Improvement Groups] to enable creative problem-solving focused on critical issues the organisation is facing. .....”

I don't know about "bottom-up improvements" but they know a thing or two about shafting us. Maybe these focus groups need to be looking at improving the customer experience rather than just improving their own bottom line, which they seem to excel at.

This stuff is corporate lingo bingo GOLD - what a load of ****** old tosh and as you say, TOO MANY JOKES, gaaaaah

I think we've solved the mystery of who dreams up these ridiculous, inflammatory lines they like to trot out as excuses for whatever their latest screw up is. I seem to remember the one about the cancellation of the beauty bash was just a collection of words, with no intelligible meaning whatsoever. They probably haemorrhage hundreds of thousands on all this nonsense. If they invested that money into capping the p&p I'm sure it would have a far greater effect on their sales than any "BIG".

This stuff is corporate lingo bingo GOLD - what a load of ****** old tosh and as you say, TOO MANY JOKES, gaaaaah

I think we've solved the mystery of who dreams up these ridiculous, inflammatory lines they like to trot out as excuses for whatever their latest screw up is. I seem to remember the one about the cancellation of the beauty bash was just a collection of words, with no intelligible meaning whatsoever. They probably haemorrhage hundreds of thousands on all this nonsense. If they invested that money into capping the p&p I'm sure it would have a far greater effect on their sales than any "BIG".

It really is tosh and nonsense, as you say. I loathe all this sort of thing. I don't think I would be able to keep a straight face in one of their BIGs (Bo11ocks Iterating Groups).

It really is tosh and nonsense, as you say. I loathe all this sort of thing. I don't think I would be able to keep a straight face in one of their BIGs (Bo11ocks Iterating Groups).

Just imagine, lots of blue sky thinking, low-hanging fruit, people at the coal face - Buuuuuuulllllll-sheeeeeeet!

Aaaargh! Please stop!

You'll love this one, AndiK - I used to work for one of the high street banks and at one of its insanely expensive corporate events, the then COO got up in front of everyone and used the phrase, "...dimensionalise our synergies"...what the fook does that even MEAN????

This was the dude who refused to fly scheduled airline anywhere, only private jet...

You'll love this one, AndiK - I used to work for one of the high street banks and at one of its insanely expensive corporate events, the then COO got up in front of everyone and used the phrase, "...dimensionalise our synergies"...what the fook does that even MEAN????

This was the dude who refused to fly scheduled airline anywhere, only private jet...

Oh dear! Had he spent a lot of time in the US and soaked up all that guff? I suppose, being senior, nobody dared put their hand up and ask him how they might give their usually flat synergies the required dimensions.

Oh dear! Had he spent a lot of time in the US and soaked up all that guff? I suppose, being senior, nobody dared put their hand up and ask him how they might give their usually flat synergies the required dimensions.

Got it in one, plus he'd spent too long in his white tower and had absolutely no grasp of what life was like for us 'workers at the coalface' - he was a complete tool

As for the reception he got, to give people their due, there was a sort of very brief, embarrassed silence before the 'emperor's new clothes' syndrome kicked in and everyone started clapping and nodding knowingly - utter codswallop

Got it in one, plus he'd spent too long in his white tower and had absolutely no grasp of what life was like for us 'workers at the coalface' - he was a complete tool

As for the reception he got, to give people their due, there was a sort of very brief, embarrassed silence before the 'emperor's new clothes' syndrome kicked in and everyone started clapping and nodding knowingly - utter codswallop

Love it! Sounds like a banker with a capital W.

Love it! Sounds like a banker with a capital W.

<iframe src="//giphy.com/embed/d3mm5LTOhOiI4im4" width="480" height="323" frameBorder="0" class="giphy-embed" allowFullScreen></iframe><p><a href="http://giphy.com/gifs/trash-dove-d3mm5LTOhOiI4im4">via GIPHY</a></p>

Innovation? They've got to be joking - Q is stuck in a time warp.

I had one, but its' legs fell off.....:mysmilie_17:

And touching base, of course.....:mysmilie_19:

I hated that when I was office-based and I had endless calls from agencies and salespeople who had me on a mailing list for a monthly or quarterly call, "just touching base to see if I had any requirements". I always used to say that if I did have, I would have been in touch myself (probably with someone else who didn't say "touching base"). More than that, though, I hated it when they said they were "reaching out" to me, meaning simply "contacting". They think it makes them sound trendy and professional - I think it makes them sound pathetic.

Latest posts

Back