Money growing on trees

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Sim1

Registered Shopper
It is a couple of days after Christmas in one of the hardest years we have known from a financial, employment point of view etc and at the moment there is a pair of boots on which costs £213!!!! Do QVC really think about their customers at all. Every other high street store is having a sale with at least 50% off...wouldn't that not be an idea for QVC?

but they are gorgeous though.

I know what you mean. They are very expensive, but they are gorgeous.

It is a couple of days after Christmas in one of the hardest years we have known from a financial, employment point of view etc and at the moment there is a pair of boots on which costs £213!!!! Do QVC really think about their customers at all. Every other high street store is having a sale with at least 50% off...wouldn't that not be an idea for QVC?

What do you mean Sim1???? Didn't you see the endless repeats of fashion over the holiday period? Didn't you bag a a bargain? There were some seriously fab garments being almost given away. Poor Amica looked absolutely awful in some of them and the other, very slender model, was made to wear a pair of enormous, half mast trousers that I wouldn't use to clean the windows never mind "wear" to clean the windows!

:mysmilie_61:

I agree. But then again have you seen how many people are sale shopping?!! Almost all my facebook contacts have posted about their days out in the sales. Where are people getting their money?? We are on two really good salaries but we don't have spare cash to waste this soon after Christmas!! Maybe that's just it, maybe people are spending money they don't really have on tat that they don't really need. And they moan about the state of this country!!! Sorry, but it just winds me up! :mysmilie_34:

I agree. But then again have you seen how many people are sale shopping?!! Almost all my facebook contacts have posted about their days out in the sales. Where are people getting their money?? We are on two really good salaries but we don't have spare cash to waste this soon after Christmas!! Maybe that's just it, maybe people are spending money they don't really have on tat that they don't really need. And they moan about the state of this country!!! Sorry, but it just winds me up! :mysmilie_34:

Me too! I have had a really hard year and paying the bills and other necessities has been (and will continue to be) very hard. I simply don't know how people do it.

Me too! I have had a really hard year and paying the bills and other necessities has been (and will continue to be) very hard. I simply don't know how people do it.

totally agree, even tho i have budgeted very carefully for Christmas I am now skint, and bracing self for the usual rises in water, council tax etc plus the cold weather will take it's toll on my finances. Never have money to spend in the sales tho i would love to. Oh well at least I have a roof over my head and food to eat, good mates and a loving family.

totally agree, even tho i have budgeted very carefully for Christmas I am now skint, and bracing self for the usual rises in water, council tax etc plus the cold weather will take it's toll on my finances. Never have money to spend in the sales tho i would love to. Oh well at least I have a roof over my head and food to eat, good mates and a loving family.

Very well put silversequin

I thought the same as you especially when I saw the watch they had on earlier which was priced well over £3,000.

A collegue was telling me yesterday, her daughter works in next and on boxing day they took about £19,000 in the first hour of the sale.

I went into town today ( a city really!).........I have never in my life seen so many people in one place (unless you count the Take That stadium tour) Most were carrying bags and bags of things they had bought. Next was like a jumble sale, Topshop the same. Amazing!:mysmilie_81: I should have stayed in and shopped on QVC. (as they keep telling us):mysmilie_697:

QVC are no different to any other shop. Somethings are pricey, some are more affordable.

They were showing gold earrings for £118, A ring for £164 and a daimond cut necklace for £192.

Although the boots were gorgeous they were outside my price range.

While I think that many just put their sale goodies onto their credit cards, there are also people that the recession isn't really having much of an effect on.. So these people still have a sizeable disposable income.. The recession is bad for lots of people, but not for all.. Just my thoughts :mysmilie_1766:

I thought the Next sale was awful. Most of the stuff seemed to be bought in especially for the sale. Needless to say I f.a.r.ted and went home empty handed.

I thought the Next sale was awful. Most of the stuff seemed to be bought in especially for the sale. Needless to say I f.a.r.ted and went home empty handed.

Is it more satisfying to FART in-store or in the comfort of your own home?

I got an e-mail from Next inviting me to book a slot allowing me to shop the sale on Xmas Eve rather than waiting until Boxing Day. Apparently they view me as a VIP and so are allowing me to shop early.

Could Next BE any more jumped up than they are?! :mysmilie_701:

Is it more satisfying to FART in-store or in the comfort of your own home?

Hmmm. Let me think. I would say that I prefer f.a.r.t.ing at home, although a sneaky f.a.r.t when I am in a shop can be quite nice too.:mysmilie_17:

It's a pity you didn't F.A.R.T over the Nails Inc TSV on Christmas Day. The one that you didn't want or need. :mysmilie_61:

It's a pity you didn't F.A.R.T over the Nails Inc TSV on Christmas Day. The one that you didn't want or need. :mysmilie_61:

Tis true BG. I wish I had done a massive f.a.r.t on the Nails Inc TSV. I was a bad f.a.r.t and I am bitterly regretting my lack of self control. No excuses I'm afraid I was weak and had a Love A'kin moment.:mysmilie_81:

Latest posts

Back