Molton Brown

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Grizelda

ShoppingTelly Supporter
Does anyone know the kind of dye Molton Brown adds to their soaps (maybe I should call them 'washes') to achieve these extraordinary colours? One in particular is vivid deep blue and another a dark raspberry red. Some time ago I left a plastic bottle of green coloured soap out in the garden and it soon lost all it's colour from sun exposure.

Why do companies put bath and shower products in glass bottles? I know that glass is more environmentally friendly. Nothing worse than being in the shower with wet hands picking up the bottle , dropping it and it shattering into smithereens. Dangerous.
Just seen Molton Brown now in refillable glass bottles.

I’m using faith in nature that comes in a 500ml aluminium refillable bottle. Much safer

Why do companies put bath and shower products in glass bottles? I know that glass is more environmentally friendly. Nothing worse than being in the shower with wet hands picking up the bottle , dropping it and it shattering into smithereens. Dangerous.

I’m using faith in nature that comes in a 500ml aluminium refillable bottle. Much safer
I thought they only did hand washes in glass bottles, I didn't realise they did them for shower gels as well. I agree with you though, I definitely wouldn't fancy using them in the shower.

I thought they only did hand washes in glass bottles, I didn't realise they did them for shower gels as well. I agree with you though, I definitely wouldn't fancy using them in the shower.
On website it is just handwash that comes in glass bottle.

Didn’t realise it was just the handwash in a glass bottle. Some of their shower/bath washes are in aluminium refillable bottles. Ages ago I had a Shay & Blue one in a glass bottle which slipped out of my hands and broke on the bathroom floor, but they come in aluminium pumps now.

Received a Molton Brown order today, three shower/bath washes. Bought them to break up for gifts. To be honest I'm really disappointed. Has anyone else noticed that the writing on the bottles has changed and look quite cheap imo. The Molton Brown logo is different and the lovely description of the scent has disappeared. Not much difference from the Aldi offerings. Certainly doesn't look like a premium brand. I'll be looking elsewhere in the future.

Received a Molton Brown order today, three shower/bath washes. Bought them to break up for gifts. To be honest I'm really disappointed. Has anyone else noticed that the writing on the bottles has changed and look quite cheap imo. The Molton Brown logo is different and the lovely description of the scent has disappeared. Not much difference from the Aldi offerings. Certainly doesn't look like a premium brand. I'll be looking elsewhere in the future.
Oh no! That is very disappointing.

Was this a QVC item ?

Was this a QVC item ?
Yes, QVC. Rosa Absolute, Black Pepper and the Milk Musk. I have already got a Rosa Absolute in my stash drawer and the one received today honestly looks so cheap and just ordinary. I know it's what's inside that counts but I do like my gifts to look a bit special. I wouldn't give this new packaging a second glance. Wonder if these are for QVC only?

Yes, QVC. Rosa Absolute, Black Pepper and the Milk Musk. I have already got a Rosa Absolute in my stash drawer and the one received today honestly looks so cheap and just ordinary. I know it's what's inside that counts but I do like my gifts to look a bit special. I wouldn't give this new packaging a second glance. Wonder if these are for QVC only?
nope ive noticed them in other shops but it dont bother me at all

I've got quite a stash of MB so can't comment on the new bottles, but why would they change their established brand identify... it can't be more cost effective to use a different font. That aside, I've noticed Lidl's dupes are now have the same fragrance names - black pepper is one of them, and a few other of their most popular fragrances. The bottles are bigger too. Haven't tried them yet but will definitely do so at some point.

I got a 500mls Graceful Apricot and Freesia, and they have updated the writing. The front of the bottle is the same royal warrant the sides tell how they have made the plastic recyclable the other side in three languages no fragrance description. But, I do not find it cheap at all. The royal warrant and made in England makes it posh.

Smells exactly the same as the one I bought earlier in the year, 300mls size in MB shop.

I got a 500mls Graceful Apricot and Freesia, and they have updated the writing. The front of the bottle is the same royal warrant the sides tell how they have made the plastic recyclable the other side in three languages no fragrance description. But, I do not find it cheap at all. The royal warrant and made in England makes it posh.

Smells exactly the same as the one I bought earlier in the year, 300mls size in MB shop.
Sorry Donna, got to disagree on this🙄, it was that lovely description of top, middle and base notes, plus where the ingredients were sourced from that makes it special to me. Also helped me no end with deciding who to gift what fragrance to. Without this info to hand it's just another shower gel to me, my nose needs this info!!!

Well, Cashers go onto the M.B website and they will or should still have them. Which will help with your decision.

Okay, I will have to say this. Candles and shower/bath gels will never have the same top/middle or base notes. With perfume, you get the top notes and 10–15 mins for the middle to come through and up to 25 mins for the base to mix them altogether. You light the candle and will get straight away every thing blended together, the same with bath/shower gel. Yankee started all this with their candles, which made me laugh. Yes, of course you will get the fragrance, but I doubt someone will go oh that is the pine coming through now. It will be all mixed together the moment you light it. I used Graceful Apricot & Freesia in the bath and trust me I got the apricot straight away with a light floral which I take was the freesia. I did not have to wait for the individual notes to come through, it was all there under the hot water.

OH!!!!!! Naughty MB.

I decided to have a look at the 500mls bottle of bath/shower of the Graceful Apricot and Freesia, which has the full ingredient list.
So caster oil and glycerine are there, but the rest are all synthetic. So no real apricot or Freesia anywhere in there. That will mean only the EDT and EDP perfumes might have the real notes of rose or pink pepper etc. I own a number of MB perfumes and had a look, they just state parfum in with the other ingredients.

So the flowery talk on QVC with the BA about this apricot from the tree grown in Western Cape is fantasy. The rose petals were not hand-picked by virgins under the full moon for which ever fragrance they have in the bath and body products.

OH!!!!!! Naughty MB.

I decided to have a look at the 500mls bottle of bath/shower of the Graceful Apricot and Freesia, which has the full ingredient list.
So caster oil and glycerine are there, but the rest are all synthetic. So no real apricot or Freesia anywhere in there. That will mean only the EDT and EDP perfumes might have the real notes of rose or pink pepper etc. I own a number of MB perfumes and had a look, they just state parfum in with the other ingredients.

So the flowery talk on QVC with the BA about this apricot from the tree grown in Western Cape is fantasy. The rose petals were not hand-picked by virgins under the full moon for which ever fragrance they have in the bath and body products.
Thanks for this very important info Donna. That's it, I'm done with Molton Brown!! What's the point in paying £25 for a shower gel when it's not the real deal. Molton Brown have sold out!! I'm now on the lookout for really lovely shower gels, all suggestions welcome.

I've got quite a stash of MB so can't comment on the new bottles, but why would they change their established brand identify... it can't be more cost effective to use a different font. That aside, I've noticed Lidl's dupes are now have the same fragrance names - black pepper is one of them, and a few other of their most popular fragrances. The bottles are bigger too. Haven't tried them yet but will definitely do so at some point.
Same here. A huuuuuge stash going back years! In fact, I think on some of mine, the fragrance descriptions are in Latin.

Latest posts

Back