Molton Brown TSV 06/10/24

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

The advent calendars seem a good idea (if you can afford them) but the sizes are tiny and the products are too hard to get out the bottle in my experience.

The only advent calendar I ever bought that I thought was good value was a wine one (I know, I know). You didn't get 24 mini bottles of wine, some windows were chocolates but you did get quite a few 187ml bottles, some 250ml bottles and a mini fizz bottle on the 24th. No problem of getting any of that out of the bottle :D. It was £60 - which I know is a total extravagance but I'd just sold my house and had a wee bit of spare cash to waste on something.

The Decleor calendar I bought was more than that and I ended up selling most of it on Ebay as a job lot.

To be fair to MB though, they usually do a decent deal on their own website, with free gift boxes if you're buying for Christmas gifts. Their customer service is also outstanding.

CC

I’ve just found four bottles of MB
Bushukan
Vetiver& Grapefruit
Flame tree & Pimento
Suma Ginseng
No idea if they still do these fragrances as not bought from MB for a long time.

Bushukan
Vetiver& Grapefruit
Flame tree & Pimento
Suma Ginseng
No idea if they still do these fragrances as not bought from MB for a long time.
They have been selling the V&G and the FT&P in those duo packs they do (£32 or £34, whatever they are now) - think they are still around. I have them also and they are amongst my favourites. I am pretty sure they have all been in sets at QVC in the past year but that, of course, tells you nothing about their age.

I’ve just started using a Bursting Caju & Lime shower gel and body lotion - now that is old! Smells and is really nice, though. Love it!

Bushukan
Vetiver& Grapefruit
Flame tree & Pimento
Suma Ginseng
I had a bottle of the Bushukan EDT a couple of years ago. It's really, really nice, especially in Summer.

The advent calendars seem a good idea (if you can afford them) but the sizes are tiny and the products are too hard to get out the bottle in my experience.

The only advent calendar I ever bought that I thought was good value was a wine one (I know, I know). You didn't get 24 mini bottles of wine, some windows were chocolates but you did get quite a few 187ml bottles, some 250ml bottles and a mini fizz bottle on the 24th. No problem of getting any of that out of the bottle :D. It was £60 - which I know is a total extravagance but I'd just sold my house and had a wee bit of spare cash to waste on something.

The Decleor calendar I bought was more than that and I ended up selling most of it on Ebay as a job lot.

To be fair to MB though, they usually do a decent deal on their own website, with free gift boxes if you're buying for Christmas gifts. Their customer service is also outstanding.

CC
I got a wine advent calendar from Aldi a few years ago…. It was lovely.

Yes strangely that’s the one I’ve put in the shower,must have brought the set from Q but no idea how long ago.
I think it’s this set I bought as well in April 2021. Only £11.75 a bottle at the time.

IMG_5881.jpeg

I’m pretty sure I got that set as well Andi
There’s a 4-piece set on Q at the moment with nowhere near as nice fragrances as far as I’m concerned - they’re all a bit wishy-washy to me. £13.20+ each now but I suppose the set we all got was three years ago and a bottle is nearly twice that now (not that we’d pay it).

Also, the Bushukan EDT you mentioned … I bet that’s gorgeous.

There’s a 4-piece set on Q at the moment with nowhere near as nice fragrances as far as I’m concerned - they’re all a bit wishy-washy to me. £13.20+ each now but I suppose the set we all got was three years ago and a bottle is nearly twice that now (not that we’d pay it).

Also, the Bushukan EDT you mentioned … I bet that’s gorgeous.
I agree. I love Pink Pepper but the rest do nothing for me. My mother uses a Rhubarb and Rose washing up liquid from Tesco so the MB one just reminds me of that and the Lemon & Mandarin is nice enough but nothing special IMO. I’ve never actually experienced the Apricot & Freesia one but it doesn’t sound like my cup of tea to be honest so this set was very easy to resist.

I agree. I love Pink Pepper but the rest do nothing for me. My mother uses a Rhubarb and Rose washing up liquid from Tesco so the MB one just reminds me of that and the Lemon & Mandarin is nice enough but nothing special IMO. I’ve never actually experienced the Apricot & Freesia one but it doesn’t sound like my cup of tea to be honest so this set was very easy to resist.
I am exactly the same. I like Pink Pepper but have enough. I think I’m done with Rhubarb & Rose now (including as a washing up liquid!) and the other two are just too ordinary. Resist when you can, I say! The new me, I mean - one you may not have come across before!!

Wow can’t believe I missed that 🙂
I’m not saying a word…..😂
It was when they still delivered wine free if you bought six bottles…
The little bottles were lovely and I think we got one the next year. Then they changed to all fizz and they sold out so quickly I missed out. Worth looking out, I think they did a gin one last year, but not sure.

I got a wine advent calendar from Aldi a few years ago…. It was lovely.
Wow can’t believe I missed that 🙂
I’m not saying a word…..😂
It was when they still delivered wine free if you bought six bottles…
The little bottles were lovely and I think we got one the next year. Then they changed to all fizz and they sold out so quickly I missed out. Worth looking out, I think they did a gin one last year, but not sure.
You two - terrible!! Stop encouraging each other!

I really like the Apricot & Freesia, it came out as a Mother's Day Special this year. I get more apricot with a hint of something floral. Went on to buy the recently released 500mls size, but coughs got it cheaper from a seller on eBay.

The Lemon & Mandarin I got in the MB sale and matching body lotion. It's great in the summer, but not as nice as the Orange & Bergamot.
For some reason, I never like the Pink Pepper.

Latest posts

Back