Molton Brown 5 Piece Hand Wash Collection OTO

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

ojon and liz earle dont use sls but i really dont like the lack of cleansing. my hair feels limp and a bit dirty. sls is actually made with coco nuts its just readily available so no qudos

sls and sles can be made from all kinds of sources
but it depends on the processing
just like margerine is hydrogenated vegetable oil
and because of the processing, it now has trans fatty acids included

but i leave it here ....

Whether a product is naturally derived or not, you still have to exercise caution with it. Some of the major known irritants are natural.

In a foaming product - one person gets on fine with SLS/SLES and another one doesn't. You could get several people who react to a product, but you can't assume it's the same thing for each of them. One could be the SLS/SLES, another could be a colourant used to make it look pretty, another could be one perfume additive, and someone else could react to a different one.

It doesn't matter what the product or the "good for you" or "nasty" content, you simply can't assume that it will be ok or not ok based on someone else's experience... you still need to try for yourself.

Personally, where I have a problem with products containing SLS/SLES is mainly because you get charged a premium price for an extremely cheap ingredient... when you look at these foaming products the first ingredient will be aqua (water) and the second is invariably the foaming agent. My experience with shampoos is that my scalp itches and flakes... yet for showers I have no issue with ABC bodywash which has SLS in it... but I don't feel I'm paying a premium price for it.

the l'occitane ones last a good year so when you get them in a kit even better value. one tiny pump of l'occy or molton brown is all you need

Well at least with Molton Brown we don't have to endure the awful, ice-cold Alexith Murdoch and her bracelets clacking against the side of a mixing bowl as she obsessively lathers her hands in the thoapths like some shrew with OCD.

Well at least with Molton Brown we don't have to endure the awful, ice-cold Alexith Murdoch and her bracelets clacking against the side of a mixing bowl as she obsessively lathers her hands in the thoapths like some shrew with OCD.

No, instead we get the ghastly wittering windmill Jemma something or other who is related to someone well known and is a published author. She uses 100s of words to say absolutely nothing useful about the product. Part of that can be laid at MBs door with all this London via Bali nonsense, but even so she is another of the newer crop of guests who prompt me to reach for the zapper to either switch off or change channels. Because she's so visual, I can't even have the tv on mute!

I don't particularly like Alexis but I'll take her over Jemma any day... although it would be good if someone told her to either stop wearing all the bangles, or stop washing her hands. The clanking and clacking of the beads is very intrusive.

Jemma Forte - so related to Alex Polizzi.

Last edited:
The rrp does not even factor into it. A QVC OTO should be at a special price; a saving of £2.58 is a derogatory one and, fundamentally, extracting the urine.

I was watching a fashion outlet show the other day (sorry I can't remember what day it was, I've been sick so all days have rolled into one) and something was reduced by like £1.12 and Catherine H was trying to justify how it was such a great saving because the usual Q price was such a good one anyway! 100% extracting the urine!

I'm waiting for the day when they put something on air where the QVC price is lower than their event / introductory whatever excuse price is :mysmilie_17:

With their attention to detail, it's surely only a matter of time!

I'm waiting for the day when they put something on air where the QVC price is lower than their event / introductory whatever excuse price is :mysmilie_17:

With their attention to detail, it's surely only a matter of time!

I've seen them try to sell something at an event price which is the same as the QVC price a few times, they then raise the QVC price saying it was a mistake... :mysmilie_1:

But I can't bear to see you crryyyyyyyy!
The feeling's gone, it's been missing too long,
but I just don't have the heart. But I just don't have the heart to tell you.
It's such a shame that it's ended this way. But I just don't have the heart.
But I just don't have the heart to tell you.

Take these dogs away from me! Before they, they bite!

They have changed QVC Price up to £33!!!

OTO price has stayed at £25.92.

I bought x4 100ml bottles from my local store only last weekend and they cost me £20. They also do x6 for £30. And it was these fragrances too.

one way to avoid sls and other foaming agents is to use bars of soap as they dont need suplates to get lather and keep products liquid. i could be wrong but i suspect sls comes in other guises and has different names so the "alternatives" may not be so alternative

one way to avoid sls and other foaming agents is to use bars of soap as they dont need suplates to get lather and keep products liquid. i could be wrong but i suspect sls comes in other guises and has different names so the "alternatives" may not be so alternative

If they aren't called Sodium laureth sulfate, they aren't sodium laureth sulfate. There are families of chemicals... so there is ammonium laureth sulfate, sodium lauryl sulfate, sodium lauryl sarccosinate which all have similar sounding names. You may be sensitive to one but not another, so it is worth trying a different variation... also you cannot assume that a more "natural" sounding foaming agent will be better for you - many common allergens are natural. The same with any product - patch test it if you're going to use it on your face or anywhere on your body.

Latest posts

Back