Mike Mason joins Ideal World TV

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Here is Gollum, sporting an attractive red number which is perhaps an homage to his Holiday Camp days. Let's hope that Maddee has sewn a name label in it otherwise Howard might half inch it :mysmilie_59:

image.jpg

And in just the space of a few minutes we've had:-

I trust I find you well
6 days a week and twice on Sundays
Quite literally
My goddess
Get yours before someone get's yours

Appalling.

I hate it when he says "my goddess" it's so ugh, I would slap him if I was married to him for calling me that. I am hoping they keep him off the gardening show and was hoping the kitchen as they are the ones I mainly watch but I can see I am too late for the latter. But Mike in one way I thank you for I will never spend a penny of my money on any shows you present.

I hate it when he says "my goddess" it's so ugh, I would slap him if I was married to him for calling me that. I am hoping they keep him off the gardening show and was hoping the kitchen as they are the ones I mainly watch but I can see I am too late for the latter. But Mike in one way I thank you for I will never spend a penny of my money on any shows you present.

That's probably why she won't marry him :wink:

That's probably why she won't marry him :wink:

It seems odd to me that Mason and Simon just seem to have carried on where they left off.

You'd think they had voluntarily left the most successful, well thought of shopping channel in the world rather than being part of a shambles that went bust.

But i'm sure Ideal World and Gems TV know what they're doing :mysmilie_13:

It seems odd to me that Mason and Simon just seem to have carried on where they left off.

You'd think they had voluntarily left the most successful, well thought of shopping channel in the world rather than being part of a shambles that went bust.

But i'm sure Ideal World and Gems TV know what they're doing :mysmilie_13:

But do they? :mysmilie_506:

But do they? :mysmilie_506:

Who knows Momma, it's unlikely i'll see him much if he's on in the mornings anyway but watching him and Peter Simon is like Groundhog Day.

I suspect Gollum has a better chance of success at Ideal World than Peter Simon does at Gems TV though, he seems well and truly out of his depth.

I never watched Mike long enough on Bid to buy anything, I can't see that changing on IW. I only have patience to watch shows that Rachel Pierman is presenting. I watch the odd few mins of the other presenters if I want to remind myself how bad they really are.... or if I want a laugh........lol

Who knows Momma, it's unlikely i'll see him much if he's on in the mornings anyway but watching him and Peter Simon is like Groundhog Day.

I suspect Gollum has a better chance of success at Ideal World than Peter Simon does at Gems TV though, he seems well and truly out of his depth.

I'd agree with all that

Just watched I'mMike and expanding Joe with the ceramic pans. I'mMike's well used to these little beauties but he sets Joe with a challenge. He can barely say it, as it is so daring! He explained that he once put some bacon in a pan and a bit of the plastic wrapping had gone in with the bacon unnoticed. 'It made a hell of a mess of the pan' :mysmilie_10:

So he challenged Joe, only doing it for us viewers, as he is the mouthpiece for us. Looks to camera for maximam fear factor, heart in mouth kind of thing. Here goes...........

'Put a cheese slice in with the wrapper still on'!!!!!!! :mysmilie_466:

Of course this was a regular thing on Bid and he's very well used to the outcome.

I'd agree with all that

Just watched I'mMike and expanding Joe with the ceramic pans. I'mMike's well used to these little beauties but he sets Joe with a challenge. He can barely say it, as it is so daring! He explained that he once put some bacon in a pan and a bit of the plastic wrapping had gone in with the bacon unnoticed. 'It made a hell of a mess of the pan' :mysmilie_10:

So he challenged Joe, only doing it for us viewers, as he is the mouthpiece for us. Looks to camera for maximam fear factor, heart in mouth kind of thing. Here goes...........

Of course this was a regular thing on Bid and he's very well used to the outcome.

Joe is starting to resemble Billy Bunter isn't he? A pleasant enough young chap but he's well on his way to becoming Brodelesque, not great for a chef who professes the benefits of healthy cooking.

The Pans wouldn't seem bad value really but honestly, how many different sets of these can one channel sell? And that Dennice woman unnerves me, you can barely see her eyes, just black smudges!

I'm starting to see the logic in hiring Gollum though, the presentation is mostly dreadful.

I took the necessary action that was requested by him, that however is not going to stop me making comments about his appalling presentations, I am and will continue to be a huge Ideal World fan but Mike Mason is like a square peg in a round hole and don't believe he will ever fit into Ideal World.

Why don't we build a dossier of all his lies from YouTube clips and memories then you (or me if you don't want to) can send to the top bod at IW

I never watched Mike long enough on Bid to buy anything, I can't see that changing on IW. I only have patience to watch shows that Rachel Pierman is presenting. I watch the odd few mins of the other presenters if I want to remind myself how bad they really are.... or if I want a laugh........lol

That's true, in fact there are quite a few that I won't watch, and totally off topic but can anyone tell me what is it with Hayley and that continuous smile that's seems to be stuck on her face, it drives me nuts.

I'd agree with all that

When Wayne did this in his demos, it actually improved the taste of his food! :tongue:

Why do a good few IW presenters feel the need to rush everything they say? I have noticed this, maybe slow down a tad speak proper English then people could understand what is being said, Also on a side note has anyone ever bought anything because "this celeb or that celeb has one of these"?.............I get lost at why the presenters think this is a seller for an everyday punter.

Also I would like it if the presenter presenting would also include the price of the P&P rather than just shout at me "Get this for a tenner today!!!!!" no its not a tenner today or any day once you lump on the P&P costs to said item!!!

Why do a good few IW presenters feel the need to rush everything they say? I have noticed this, maybe slow down a tad speak proper English then people could understand what is being said, Also on a side note has anyone ever bought anything because "this celeb or that celeb has one of these"?.............I get lost at why the presenters think this is a seller for an everyday punter.

Also I would like it if the presenter presenting would also include the price of the P&P rather than just shout at me "Get this for a tenner today!!!!!" no its not a tenner today or any day once you lump on the P&P costs to said item!!!

Celebrity endorsed products do seem to sell though and with that in mind I wonder if Gollum will be buying his Goddess some Lusardi 'My Miracle' Caviar?

He is terrible as a presenter, what on earth is ideal world thinking off he will certainly lower the tone there

Probably because they only have one full hour on one product, I mean, there's soooooo much to say and so little time :smirk:

Saw Mikey Boy for the first time this morning presenting the Pick of the Day before I left. Absolutely awful and sticks out like a sore thumb. Genuinely have no idea what Ideal World were playing at when they hired him. I honestly believe that the likes of Bod and Far Mani are far more suitable for Ideal World than he ever will be.

I think Mike Mason is very watchable, hence even the people on here who really dislike him would have to admit he is watchable (or else why would they be watching him?!). I think he seems to be doing well at Ideal World and the demonstrations with the co-hosts have been good so far. I think he deserves a chance to settle in on Ideal World. I don't agree with the posters on this forum who want to see him sacked that's just ridiculous!! I guess I will now be pounced on for saying he's doing ok at Ideal World but in my opinion he's doing pretty well.

Latest posts

Back