Miele ironing board

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I can only assume this comes with an automatic iron that does it all for you. Bluddy ridiculous price IMO.

I got a value ironing board from Argos for £7.99. It does me fine, therefore I can't see myself in a hurry to purchase this.

Come on, it's free p and p! What more do you want? :mysmilie_15:

I got a value ironing board from Argos for £7.99. It does me fine, therefore I can't see myself in a hurry to purchase this.

So have I, and had it for nearly 20 yrs now. Had a few different covers but still going strong.

And a few different bases too?

A joke, like the gardener who said he'd been using the same garden fork for 42 years.

And in all that time, he'd only had 8 new fork handles and 7 new fork heads.

I don't know how they can justify charging that price for an ironing board. I've not looked at the product and though I am sure it's very, very good, (well I would hope it is) I'd rather spend the money on a holiday or something. I might try and find a video presentation of the ironing board and see how they pitch it. I can just imagine a lollystick-like Jill Franks screeching: "I really cannot LIVE without this. I'm the envy of all my girlfriends. The other day I ironed a pair of knickers and it took all the hard work out of it. The surface is just amazingly flat and yet the steam can penetrate right through...I need you on those 'phones right now... these are literally flying out of the door so be sure to secure yours now by calling the Q Cut line..."

Some of the stuff QVC sell seems to be aimed at people who have trouble spending their money rather than earning it.

I've just watched the video. It looks good however I'm sure you could get similar results for a much, much lower outlay. Ann Dawson was relatively bearable, however she did state that it was selling fast and they were down to single figures. Really Ann? How many did you get in? 10? Now you've got 9 'cos some mug went and bought one! I can't imagine who would buy this product. Rich people generally outsource their ironing work to the au pair or some local person / ironing company, so they wouldn't care about taking the stress out of the ironing process as they wouldn't have to do anything.

And a few different bases too?

A joke, like the gardener who said he'd been using the same garden fork for 42 years.

And in all that time, he'd only had 8 new fork handles and 7 new fork heads.

I wonder how much he "forked out" for that lot? Maybe 'twas "tine" for a change?

I get a lot of customers, although not a best selling brand, who only buy Miele. Even they would refuse to pay this. It is not merely an ironing board, however, but a complete ironing system. £1400 worth? Not in my opinion.
It would be interesting to learn how many they predict they will sell, and how many are actually bought. Don't suppose we will ever know.

I get a lot of customers, although not a best selling brand, who only buy Miele. Even they would refuse to pay this. It is not merely an ironing board, however, but a complete ironing system. £1400 worth? Not in my opinion.
It would be interesting to learn how many they predict they will sell, and how many are actually bought. Don't suppose we will ever know.

I imagine they'd want to make about £60 grand an hour. Of course the whole day would not be dedicated to selling just this one item. I imagine they would have allocated about 200.

I don't think QVC actually buy any, I think they're more of a broker who takes the order, and their cut obviously, then inform Miele to who and were to send it.

Mine does very nicely thank you for more than a fraction of that rediculous price lol ..I've had s chuckle reading your replies thank you for that and :mysmilie_17:lol thank you QVC. ...you are hilarious without meaning to be lol

They definitely act as drop-shippers for Peony Flaars and live plant sales so I'm sure plenty of bulky items are shipped by the manufacturers. In terms of warehouse space they can store hundreds of mascaras and eek jewellery in the same space as one big household item, even expensive Miele. The flip side is that Miele will want to protect their CS reputation so maybe they decide to control the despatch and collection of their items.

For that much money I would want it to iron by itself, fold it up afterwards and put it all away for me! Well I can dream can't I?

Latest posts

Back