Michele Hope

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

grannygarden

Registered Shopper
Do people really buy her clothes? Everything I've seen so far today looks pretty hideous to me, so I obviously have no taste.

I think the key point is that all these garments seem to go up to a 26-28. I always wondered where a size 28 buys her clothes. Now I know.

Bouclé jackets with spangly lurex, burnout tops with added shimmer and sparkle, trousers with silvery thread... She doesn't seem capable of producing an item without shimmer or sparkle. It's all very 'Captain's Table' and terribly dated.

There's a lovely little weekend market near where I live and I swear, the garments are near identical, a polyesterfest if you will, honest to goodness the only difference is the price, his average price for a top is a tenner, so Michele (no) Hopes clothes must add about thirty to fourty quid per item, to cover QVCs overheads.

Well where I live for now, me and the husband have got our house up for sale because we're down sizing, so we're looking for houses and oh my word! I'd soon climb Mount Everest blind folded and backwards, it's a lot less stressful. :mysmilie_17:

Didn't see today but her styles are generally very very old fashioned. Never been fan of Americano clothes :mysmilie_17:

If I was a size 28, the last thing I'd want to do is swathe myself in layers of sweat-inducing polyester.

I'd also be concerned that all the glitter and shimmer would make me look like a walking circus tent

I happened to flick over when it was on. I don't usually watch as I think her "fashion" is abominable! For a moment I thought she had bought her twin sister on as well when I realised it was Claire Sutton. They looked like two overdone, ageing Barbie dolls sitting there, trying to out-do each other. Sorry if that offends but that's how I feel!

Miss Julia is wearing a creation which she reckons her daughter (our Sophie) would also wear!!

She is also miffed that her size has sold out - size 10/12 - is that a small?

10-12 ??? well, the Julia I saw sitting on the Pilates machine yesterday would have trouble fitting into a size 16 ! like most of us carrying weight when she was sat down she was a proper little barrel and quickly pulled down her sweat top to hide the rolls of fate (sorry, fat !)

10-12 ??? well, the Julia I saw sitting on the Pilates machine yesterday would have trouble fitting into a size 16 ! like most of us carrying weight when she was sat down she was a proper little barrel and quickly pulled down her sweat top to hide the rolls of fate (sorry, fat !)

I also saw her on the machine and thought what a strange shape of a woman, skinny limbs and a rotund body. Pilates aint doing much for her and she has been at it for years!!

There's a lovely little weekend market near where I live and I swear, the garments are near identical, a polyesterfest if you will, honest to goodness the only difference is the price, his average price for a top is a tenner, so Michele (no) Hopes clothes must add about thirty to fourty quid per item, to cover QVCs overheads.

Well where I live for now, me and the husband have got our house up for sale because we're down sizing, so we're looking for houses and oh my word! I'd soon climb Mount Everest blind folded and backwards, it's a lot less stressful. :mysmilie_17:

Good luck with the house move!Stress I know what you mean, I am just waiting for an Exchange of Contracts.It has stopped me spending on QVC as I need every penny for the move!

Miss Julia is wearing a creation which she reckons her daughter (our Sophie) would also wear!!

And she had to steal the size small from the model she says , leaving the model with a top that was miles too big. Julia said its because she has to wear the top for two shows . I think she was showing off that she wears a small. Allegedly.....

Really Julia can be a pain .

A QVC size XS, yesterday:

Fat+Fighters.jpg

Julia was on a clothes show the other day . Think it was Kim and co .She swapped her shrug style top with the model's as she said the colour suited the dress the model was wearing better.As she took the model's top and started to squeeze it on she asked if it was a small.Obsessed or what?

I could do with Julia's tape measure:giggle: bless her, you have got to feel sorry for her, a grown woman and still so conceited.

Don't know which was worse - the guest presenter or Clare "I'm so youthful and giggly" Sutton. I like your 'Captain's Table' comment - after watching a bit of this show, that sums it up exactly. And the prices!! Quite frankly, you could buy almost the same at our local market, and for a helluva lot cheaper.

I think the key point is that all these garments seem to go up to a 26-28. I always wondered where a size 28 buys her clothes. Now I know.

Bouclé jackets with spangly lurex, burnout tops with added shimmer and sparkle, trousers with silvery thread... She doesn't seem capable of producing an item without shimmer or sparkle. It's all very 'Captain's Table' and terribly dated.

Oh Gawd, she's not still coming out with that size small rubbish? Perhaps I need to get my telly adjusted, but I'd say if she's a size small then I'm Kate Moss, which I 'ain't, unless KM's gone up to size 14-16.

A lot of them do this. I heard a presenter the other night saying I'm 14 to 16 High Street and wearing a XL jacket. She then asked the model who was a size 18 to 20 what jacket she had on and it was also a XL! Something not quite right, eh??? :mysmilie_1:

I don't buy any clothes from QVC due to the sizing fiasco from brand to brand and even different styles in the same brand. My sister had a spate of sending stuff back that in theory should have fitted, so they have lost custom from both of us.

I buy mail order clothes from various sites and can be confident of the sizing, but all offer standard postage for any number of items ordered in one go, plus free returns. They often e mail discounts and free p&p.

QVC seem oblivious to what other companies offer nowadays to keep customers coming back for more.

"And Pinnochio's nose started to get longer and longer...."

And she had to steal the size small from the model she says , leaving the model with a top that was miles too big. Julia said its because she has to wear the top for two shows . I think she was showing off that she wears a small. Allegedly.....

Really Julia can be a pain .

Latest posts

Back