Michele Hope

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Dear fellow forumites, is it just me who is bemused by this range? I think the majority of clothing is hideous - and I cannot believe the extortionate prices - but all the stuff is quickly going limited stock ! Are there some Michele fans out there who will tell me I am missing out on something fabulous? To me it's a close run thing between her and Kim Gobbysohn as to whose range is the worst.
PS - Charlie is amusing when doing fashion

I have a graffitti blouse and camisole and wish I could get another one, but they are being discontinued. Not sure about her other stuff though.

After reading these posts I remembered that I have three Michele hope items. A longish, black, drapey, layered skirt, a black cami and a black crochet cardigan. I decided to wear the skirt and cami today with black suede boots and I look OK. The skirt has the look of one of those skirts that victorian ladies wore when riding side saddle.
I really dislike 99% of MH's stuff but the items I have are sober, well made and actually quite weighty for the cold weather.

I was in the Per Una bit in M & S today and as I looked around the clothes it struck me, they all look as if they have been designed by Michelle Hope. Now I have quite a few bits of Per Una but I would have been hard pushed to find somnething in there today. It was truely awful. Maybe one or two pieces were ok but the majority of it was frilly, netty,flouncy tat. I went into Next as well and that was awful too.

I was in the Per Una bit in M & S today and as I looked around the clothes it struck me, they all look as if they have been designed by Michelle Hope. Now I have quite a few bits of Per Una but I would have been hard pushed to find somnething in there today. It was truely awful. Maybe one or two pieces were ok but the majority of it was frilly, netty,flouncy tat. I went into Next as well and that was awful too.

When we were in the U.K. last year, I went into a couple of branches of next and honestly couldn't find one thing I would wear, it was like a Hippie market. I was a Hippie in the 60s but have moved up and on since then. Two of my daughters were Next clothes fanatics but when I mentioned it to them, they both said they don't shop there any more as "the clothes are weird now". We have an M&S in the city, here, but it's ages since I bought anything from the Per Una range as it's too fussy. I used to really like some of their stuff, too.

Per Una,without a doubt, has got more fussy over the last few years.
I used to love the range but now prefer their Limited Collection or Autograph.
Ditto Next,I can't remember the last time I bought something in there & this is from a diehard Next fan,queueing at 5am for their Sale to start :mysmilie_82:

MH stuff is appalling. Plastic, granny clothes at extortionate prices. I can't believe that people are purchasing this rubbish. The colours are often very sickly mauves and pinks. MH herself is no advert. I wouldn't want to emulate the ageing barbie-doll look. I'm convinced Charlie was taking the piss last night when he kept saying how much Michele knew fashion.

I'm a Granny and wouldn't buy any of the clothes in her range. By the way - I mean an old Granny, well into retirement.

Not too keen on Charlies presenting style- bit on the smug side.

I agree about Per Una, I used to love it but now it looks dull and frumpy, but their other ranges have improved no end and are much cheaper than Per Una.

Latest posts

Back