Michael Perry's Garden TSV 31/03/19

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I grow a lot from seed now and re-use plastic containers you get fruit/mushrooms in to start them off. Gardening can cost a fortune but if you recycle/re-use you can vastly reduce costs. I've got tons of flower/veg seeds and if any one would like some free just PM me.

CC

£15.99 for a plastic watering can plus £4.95 postage :mysmilie_13: You can buy very similar in Morrisons for a couple of quid. That is a ridiculous price.

CC

£15.99 for a plastic watering can plus £4.95 postage :mysmilie_13: You can buy very similar in Morrisons for a couple of quid. That is a ridiculous price.

CC

When only the best and most expensive thing will do........

Caring for a sick loved one, for newly born baby, someone deeply upset or a poorly animal etc. etc...

No pouring water on some plants!!!!!

:mysmilie_10:

You can use an old milk bottle with some holes punched in the top or if your plants don't mind a tidal wave, a measuring jug does a good job of watering (although maybe a bit harsh for seedlings).

You can use an old milk bottle with some holes punched in the top or if your plants don't mind a tidal wave, a measuring jug does a good job of watering (although maybe a bit harsh for seedlings).

I wonder when it’s pouring down and the plants are getting a well deserved drink, do they turn their flowery heads or foliage up to look and say what are we being watered by, only the very best money can buy we hope.....

QVC mature plants are ok if you have the money and cant be bothered to buy larger plants in a shop for various reasons. but its cheaper to go to Homebase as they do some great established plants for well under £20.

Everytime I sit down to watch the gardening show the unwatachable Gnome shows up,the self satisfied smirk on his face does my head in, he is not saying goodbye to qvc in a hurry...:mysmilie_10:

Everytime I sit down to watch the gardening show the unwatachable Gnome shows up,the self satisfied smirk on his face does my head in, he is not saying goodbye to qvc in a hurry...:mysmilie_10:

I thought he was leaving hes on more than ever now with his Flarr parr

QVC mature plants are ok if you have the money and cant be bothered to buy larger plants in a shop for various reasons. but its cheaper to go to Homebase as they do some great established plants for well under £20.

Plants 2 Gardens are very good quality plants and they don't die, however, you have to pay the money to get the bigger plants.

CC

I am going to treat myself to a few established plants. I literally had my garden stripped back of plants that irritated me. so I am starting from fresh. luckily my tiny garden won't break the bank. I bought a camellia from plants to garden it flowered before Christmas and is still flowering now. cost over £30 but as a treat it was worth it

I agree homebase is good for established plants and you have to pay more for them but recently wanted a large yucca for my sitting room and found they were very expensive lo and behold walked in to lidl and saw them huge plants £12 bigger than the expensive ones at least 3 times cheaper so i guess if you look around they are there.

Aldi and Lidl are great for plants. I bought some winter plants from there last year superb quality

Lidl's fruit bushes are really good and only a couple of pounds. Gooseberry and blackcurrant were very prolific.

CC

Uh oh, I love lilies. The last pic though looks like an iris unless it's a new generation breeding of lily. Very likely to cave in and buy.

CC

Do you know I have grown lilies since I started to garden and I have never seen a lily beetle. I see these are from Mont Rose. A couple of years ago I had some red/yellow/orange lilies with pots from MR and they were very impressive, however, the absolute most beautiful were from De Jager and they come back every year. I'll probably buy these though if they are reasonable.

CC

Latest posts

Back