Metal plating liquid

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

JR's Ego

Registered Shopper
Oh God - not again!

Yep this product returns to QVC after its previous showing in the late 1990s

Rubbish then, Rubbish now - From the QVC era of 'dry your fresh flowers powder, and plastic curtain swag creator' products that should be absolutely buried

I remember I purchased the 'gold plating' liquid, and It literally ruined all my sterling silver I tried to 'liquid plate' gold - leaving it all green, which was irreversible

Please buyer, think twice before using or buying this liquid

Last edited:
Good to learn, whats good and not so good. Oh my, that shower looks like mine, full of my lovely hair down
the drain, with my other half having to take the plunger to it, just like what Julian"s showing, have to get
that drain stuff /............................... On now. 3 piece drain cleaning kit. . actually does look good

I go to a sort of class for making silver jewellery and thought I would try this to make the odd bit look gold - absolutely useless. Fortunately, I tried it on a scrap bit of silver I had so nothing was lost. Needless to say it went straight back.

Now that really is a rave from the grave product wise!!!!

Thanks for the heads up. I remember watching it way back and being slightly tempted but then I actually love white metals anyway. So never bought.

Good to learn, whats good and not so good. Oh my, that shower looks like mine, full of my lovely hair down
the drain, with my other half having to take the plunger to it, just like what Julian"s showing, have to get
that drain stuff /............................... On now. 3 piece drain cleaning kit. . actually does look good

That's what I thought. Complete waste of money; Did nothing at all and boiling water worked better Mega heavy to send back as well so just had to bin it.

Natural drain cleaner is baking soda/bicarbonate followed by white vinegar. Fizzes up in reaction, so be aware. Check web. I do this to freshen drains. x Snarly

Natural drain cleaner is baking soda/bicarbonate followed by white vinegar. Fizzes up in reaction, so be aware. Check web. I do this to freshen drains. x Snarly

Me too. I must get through a tonne of baking soda a year. Also use baking soda with aluminium foil to do that tarnish magnet cleaning rather than using cleaners that reek of ammonia.

I had the silver version of the plating liquid to fix up scratched stuff and it was good for that.

A real blast from the past, used to have the American lady Monica as the guest, looked good on the demos buy clearly not quite as fab in real life.

Some great tips on here a well, thanks!

KimP ~ If you like tips, try HintsFromHeloise. Her mother started writing a newspaper column and the daughter took it over, 30+ years. Featured in GoodHousekeeping, too. x Snarly

I used that plating stuff and ruined some of my silver earings, can't believe they would sell that rubbish again

Latest posts

Back