Melissa's work ethic

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Bunnytown

Registered Shopper
Have to admire the hours that brand ambassador Melissa puts in - she seems to be on at least one channel flogging some range or other every time I tune in. How many times has she gone through the Marla Wynne duo pack colours? She must live, breathe, dream and eat the products. Inky blues and mirages, seagrasses and basils must float before her eyes regularly. Maybe she is saving for something special!

Melissa the £41.98 plus postage stunning, fabulous and fantastic that you’ll absolutely love these ”2 PACK TOPS” that doesn’t sell them to me.
Now if I was shopping on a market stall or a discount store I would perhaps expect someone to ask me if I was interested in an offer of “2 PACK TOPS”
🤔🙄🤣

Melissa the £41.98 plus postage stunning, fabulous and fantastic that you’ll absolutely love these ”2 PACK TOPS” that doesn’t sell them to me.
Now if I was shopping on a market stall or a discount store I would perhaps expect someone to ask me if I was interested in an offer of “2 PACK TOPS”
🤔🙄🤣
Me neither, I don't get excited about vest tops at the best of times, for me it's the sort of thing I pick up as and when from the likes of Primark and chuck into my basket without a thought, and better still I can pick and choose the colours I want. Vest tops should not have to be a considered purchase, especially in terms of ££.
My favourite vest tops come from Next, and yes they're a pack of two, good range of colours. I have the black and white set. They have spaghetti straps and a lace detail across the top, they're nice and long in the body and have a 95% Cotton 5% elastane composition (giving a lovely secure fit). They're great to wear under things and the lace gives that modesty panel effect under certain dresses I have, but look good enough to wear on their own. Price per pack? = £12, p&p?=£3.99 per order so you can feel free to buy as many colours as you like without having to add postage on top of every item.

I don't mind Melissa and I actually think she looks good in some of the MW outfits. Whether that's the tv camera angles I don't know but she suits the style (or non style!). MW garments are well overpriced though and the XS and S are always sold out (my size). There's a huge amount of fabric in the tops and if there were less they would fit better and cost less money. Agree about the vest tops as well (of any qvc brand). I got a pack of two in asda yesterday, yellow and orange, for £6. Now that's a good deal. "They won't last" I hear Melissa say. Ah yes but I only need them for the summer and then they will be worn as proper vests in the winter that no one will see. MW's vest tops are a ludicrous price, as are Ruth Langsfords and hers are far too long for us shorties.

CC

Vest tops don't really need to last, they're cheap as chips, are often worn as an undergarment and of course as a summer staple, they get sweaty, splashed with deodorant, suncream etc and go through a lot more laundering. I have been lucky in finding a few that can take that degree of wash and wear, my Next ones are a fine example. Scruffy ones are fine for winter layering, or even dusters. No way should they ever be treated as "investment pieces"
I wonder how long it'll take RL to get into the underwear/shapewear market? I can see her now stroking the anti-bacterial gusset of "her" beautiful knickers that she's created for us!!!!! In response of course to the many viewers who have begged her to produce underwear that doesn't roll down, ride up, or make your belly stick out. If there's not an anecdote about her mother telling her that you need to wear a decent pair of knickers in case you get run over, I'll be very surprised!!!! Oooh, and dreaded VPL -there'll be none of that with Ruthie's pants oh no, only you (and your bank balance) will know you're wearing them!

12 years ago I bought the perfect 'vest'. COTTON, spaghetti straps, short enough to sit at my waist (anything longer to cover the tum and bum just makes me look huuuuge). Clever dressing is key.

I bought 6 white, a denim blue, black, and coral. Cost of this perfection ? £1 ONE POUND each.

Bought from TJ Hughes in Watford, and they are STILL going strong. I've yet to find anything to beat them. So Marla Wynne and her floaty hems, can do one.

Many tops I have seen from MW are the type of fabric which on the models show bra lines and on us mere mortals lumps and bumps also.I got a few sleeveless tops which I wear under other garments from Landsend when on offer.Great fabric which washes well ,good fit and length and will last me ages.

Vest tops don't really need to last, they're cheap as chips, are often worn as an undergarment and of course as a summer staple, they get sweaty, splashed with deodorant, suncream etc and go through a lot more laundering. I have been lucky in finding a few that can take that degree of wash and wear, my Next ones are a fine example. Scruffy ones are fine for winter layering, or even dusters. No way should they ever be treated as "investment pieces"
I wonder how long it'll take RL to get into the underwear/shapewear market? I can see her now stroking the anti-bacterial gusset of "her" beautiful knickers that she's created for us!!!!! In response of course to the many viewers who have begged her to produce underwear that doesn't roll down, ride up, or make your belly stick out. If there's not an anecdote about her mother telling her that you need to wear a decent pair of knickers in case you get run over, I'll be very surprised!!!! Oooh, and dreaded VPL -there'll be none of that with Ruthie's pants oh no, only you (and your bank balance) will know you're wearing them!
I have some Michelle Hope ones that I have had for ages and they wear well.

I bought a 2 pack vest top in black and white. Good quality and i’ve worn them many times. I like Melissa and I think she’s a good brand ambassador.... can’t abide the Quacker Factory man who seems to be on all the time theses days.

I bought a 2 pack vest top in black and white. Good quality and i’ve worn them many times. I like Melissa and I think she’s a good brand ambassador.... can’t abide the Quacker Factory man who seems to be on all the time theses days.
Awww, come on Mary, Patrick's a good guy. I'd have him presenting any day over Simon or Charlie.

CC

Latest posts

Back