Medion Tsv

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

athena69

Registered Shopper
hi guys,

can anyone come up with the details of this tsv which is on sunday 15th August?

it would be very much appreciated...

thank you. :flower:

Probably another all in one pc - the ones, where everything is built into a monitor!

Could be a laptop.

Aldi have a Medion notebook with 3 year warranty on sale sunday 8 August see here:

http://www.aldi.co.uk/uk/html/offers/special_buys3_15063.htm

Looks a good deal a definately better than anything QVC is likely to sell as the TSV. QVC will not offer the 3 year warranty either!

Worth a punt in my professional opinion.

I gave them a call yesterday and CS said they would not know until midnight what model/spec would be......but I don't believe them! :wink:

The Aldi offer looks really good but would be interested in what QVC have on offer to do a comparison assuming it is a laptop.

The 3 year warranty is provided by Medion regardless of where purchased. :happy:

I gave them a call yesterday and CS said they would not know until midnight what model/spec would be......but I don't believe them! :wink:

The Aldi offer looks really good but would be interested in what QVC have on offer to do a comparison assuming it is a laptop.

The 3 year warranty is provided by Medion regardless of where purchased. :happy:

If this is the case, QVC didn't mention it last time they had a medion computer on. I thought the 3 year warranty was provided by Aldi, as they provide a 3 year guarantee on allof their electrical goods and special deal items.

If this is the case, QVC didn't mention it last time they had a medion computer on. I thought the 3 year warranty was provided by Aldi, as they provide a 3 year guarantee on allof their electrical goods and special deal items.

You may sort of be right. I've just had a look at Medion's site http://www.medion.com/gb/ and it seems Medion are providing a 3yr warranty if you buy it from Aldi.

Taken from Medion's website against computers/laptops sold at Aldi:
MEDION offers a 3-year warranty on its computers at no additional charge.

MEDION offers a 12-month warranty on its computers at no additional charge - if bought from Sainsburys. Think this is the same for Argos as it doesn't state.

From Medion direct it can vary from 12 to 24 months dependant on model purchased.

So it is likely that QVC's warranty is only 1yr. They must arrange warranty deals then with whoever is going to be selling their products.

Argos are charging £169 for up to 3yrs breakdown care for laptops between £400-£499 which makes the Aldi buy a bargain!

QVC's offering would have to be really competitive against other outlets for a TSV.

We shall see.... :wonder:

AS i said QVC definately won't beat the Aldi offer. QVC will offer it on easy pay and inflate the price, like they always do.

Medion Akoya E6214 15.6" HD Laptop 4GB RAM 500GB HDD w/TV Tuner Multi-touch Pad
Item Number: 564094
QVC Price £692.50
Today's Special Value Price £599.28
Availability In stock
UK P&P £9.95

Get a portable computer that packs a punch with this hugely powerful 15.6" Windows 7 laptop from Medion. Winner of PC Advisor's 2010 Reader Award for Best PC Brand, Medion is a name synonymous with quality and this laptop boasts some outstanding features. There's a super-fast 2.13GHz Intel Core i3 processor as well as a massive 4GB RAM for a smooth performance. The 15.6" LED back-lit display offers a beautiful HD resolution of 1366 x 768 pixels and there will be plenty of space on the 500GB hard drive for all your songs, videos and pictures.

Powerful performance with Intel Core i3 processor and 4GB RAM
Get a cutting-edge Windows 7 PC from an award-winning brand
Clear visuals with HD LED-backlit display and HDMI-out port
Swap your DVD writer for more hard drive space (sold separately)
Peace of mind with a 24-month warranty courtesy of QVC

Powerful PC specifications
If you're looking for a laptop with a little oomph then look no further. This stylish Akoya laptop, from the award-winning PC makers Medion, features the latest Intel Core i3 processor and an LED backlit HD display for a bright, powerful and energy-efficient performance. The PC also boasts a whopping 4GB RAM, a 500GB hard drive, a DVD writer drive and a Windows 7 operating system.

Multimedia station
You can enjoy movies and games to their fullest and even kick-back and watch TV with this fantastic laptop. The Akoya's 15.6" widescreen HD display and the system's integrated Dolby Advanced Audio speakers will combine to create an immersive multimedia experience for the whole family, and the PC also comes with a TV tuner as a QVC extra! Plus, the laptop features an HDMI-out so you can easily hook it up to your HDTV.

Customise your PC easily
Would you prefer to have a larger hard drive rather than a DVD writer? This clever system features a removable DVD drive, which you can swap out for an extra 500GB disk to double your hard drive space. This extra storage drive is sold separately.

Medion quality plus a 24-month warranty
The German technology brand, Medion, has been collecting accolades for reliability and service for years. They even bagged the Readers' Award for the Best PC brand in PC Advisor's 2010 awards for a combination of customer service and hardware reliability. And if that's not reassuring enough, QVC are throwing in a 24-month warranty for your peace of mind.

What's in the box?

Medion Akoya E6214 laptop
8-cell li-ion high performance battery
USB mouse
Remote control with battery
Windows 7 Home Premium recovery DVDs (32 and 64 bit)
Medion application and support CD
AC adaptor
User manual
Warranty card
Added value

TV tuner and antenna
24-month warranty

Technical specifications

Processor: Intel Core i3-330M processor (2.13GHz, 3MB Intel Smart Cache, Intel Hyper- threading Technik)
Memory: 4GB DDR3 SDRAM
Hard disk: 500GB SATA 5,400RPM
Optical drive: removable 8x multi standard DVD/CD-burner with DVD RAM and dual layer support
Display: 15.6" widescreen LED-backlight display (1366 x 768)
Graphics: Intel HD Graphics
Sound card: Realtek ALC269Q
Speakers: High Definition audio with two Dolby Advanced Audio certified speakers
Connectivity: Gigabit LAN 10/100/1000Mbit/s, Wi-Fi PCIe card 802.11n-standard
TV card: TV tuner and antenna with remote control
Keyboard: standard full size ergonomic keyboard with numeric keypad
Mouse: laptop USB mouse
Webcam: integrated 1.3MP webcam with microphone
Mouse pad: integrated touchpad with gestures
Battery: 8-cell li-ion battery (up to 3.5 hours battery life)
Weight: 2.4kg
Dimensions(W x D x H): 45.6cm x 31.1cm x 8.6cm
Input/output

3 x USB 2.0
1 x eSATA/USB2.0
1 x HDMI-out
1 x VGA-out
1 x LAN
1 x audio-out
1 x mic-in
1 x line out inclusive S/PDIF
1 x multi-format memory card reader for SD, SDHC, MMC, MS and MS Pro memory cards
Software

Operating system: Genuine Windows 7 Home Premium 32bit (64 bit included)
CyberLink Power2Go
Medion Home Cinema Suite (Power Director, Power Producer, Power DVD, Media Show)
Office Starter 2010 (60-day trial version)
Cyberlink YouCam
Corel Draw Essentials 4
BullGuard Internet Security Suite (90-day trial version)

http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/app.detail/params.item.564094

Can't believe I'm tempted by this, but I am.

I'm out of touch with processors, is this any good? It's not dual core though, is it?

i3 is a slower processor much better to get i5 or i7.
i3 with 4gb is capable for general purpose tasks but might struggle doing HD editing or gaming etc but then not everyone wants a pc for that.
I still stand by statement whereas i recommend the aldi deal that is still available.

I'm about to buy a netbook on the 27th Aug and was tempted to purchase the HP one Craig Rowe was selling last Tues as Craig kept saying "check out the fantastic reviews qvc customers have left online." ****** liar 85% of the reviews Craig don't rate it at all. One lady in her review has led me to the Acer Aspire which looks great and I have decided to purchase for me and also for my Daughter who starts year 9 seniors next month.

I can't get the Aldi one, we don't have Aldi over here. If it's no good for gaming I'll leave it, I'm not an avid gamer but I do play the Sims which tends to be laggy. I have a HD camcorder but doubt I'd be doing much in the way of editing, but you never know. I just thought it seemed good for the price, but I'll keep on the lookout for something else :)

Latest posts

Back