Marverine on Sky News

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I saw Marverine reading the news yesterday, didn't recognise her without the poufy hair and the telly make up, she has a much simpler look on the news. I spotted the name then her voice, she doesn't mug quite so much for newsreading!

I saw Marverine reading the news yesterday, didn't recognise her without the poufy hair and the telly make up, she has a much simpler look on the news. I spotted the name then her voice, she doesn't mug quite so much for newsreading!

Presenting news on Channel 5 today

she's much better news reading than selling tat on qvc tbh

I haven't seen her do anything other than appear on Q, BUT doesn't it just show that these newsreaders who are earning mega bucks for reading an autocue is insane. Marverine is a prime example of being unable to function in the ad-lib ad-hoc world of non-scripted tele, but sit her in front of an autocue to read out loud and no doubt she's earning tens of thousands ! I say its insane, but I'm the insane one, for not pushing myself and being assertive in my youth, if I'd have known it would lead me to a cushy job on the tele !

Sky news anchors don't just read autocues and look pretty... they are professional journalists who have OxBridge educations, regularly interview guests in off-the-cuff slots and deal with breaking news stories.

Oops, touched a nerve there then ! Well, these Oxbridge educated professionals appear to have been taught to ask inane and puerile questions whenever there's a story of tragedy to report, - the first question is always ...... 'tell us how you feel ?' , when its pretty obvious people are upset. I lost count of the number of times it was asked over the last few months when acts of terror were involved and the Grenfell Tower tragedy. How do they expect people to reply, "oh I'm fine actually, just off to a party, do yer wanna come". Beggars belief.

Latest posts

Back