Marlawynne Fashion TSV 23/02/21

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Most of you know what I will be saying. Debbie Flint loves everything she gets free. She has tried as many versions of Marla Wynne pieces as she could in a few hours, as well as a couple of changes of footwear. I wonder if Covid regulations mean she can take them all home with her? It wouldn’t surprise me.

Most of you know what I will be saying. Debbie Flint loves everything she gets free. She has tried as many versions of Marla Wynne pieces as she could in a few hours, as well as a couple of changes of footwear. I wonder if Covid regulations mean she can take them all home with her? It wouldn’t surprise me.
Defo, I can't see the Q having an area where they'd keep all the items that had been worn for however long it is before they can be handled again. It doesn't matter how much of the tat she stockpiles she always looks mess.

D'ya know what - I'd be happy for that to happen because if it saves one other person from having to wear it, it can only be a good thing!

How ****** much? In what parallel universe would you decide to pay £124.44 for a pair of trousers and a vest top?! Wynne's pricing is up there with Dyson. MW is fast approaching Michele Hope as my least favourite Q designer. The only positive thing I can say about Hope in comparison, is at least her hems are sewn.
What's a ****** "topper" when it's at home? just seen flinty wearing one. 80's duvet cover meets horse blanket..costs over £90, fabric not lined up properly so the pattern's all over the show, and it makes Debbie look wide, and then some....(Do not adjust your set). Whilst I'm making comparisons, I'm trying to decide what's the most disgusting - The clothes or the prices? I'm sure they'll find enough mugs fool enough to part with their money!
Ridiculous, isn't it? It's all so float-y and shapeless: it's clearly designed for American housewives who are the size of a house. And a lot of it makes me think of dog blankets. As for that ****** 'drama kimono'....

She's vying with Hélène Berman for my most unfavourite designer. Our Hélène was very clearly just a plain old 'Helen' until she thought that far too pedestrian, and that she needed to Frenchify her name to lend her brand a certain, je ne sais quoi.

Silly old moo.

Ridiculous, isn't it? It's all so float-y and shapeless: it's clearly designed for American housewives who are the size of a house. And a lot of it makes me think of dog blankets. As for that ****** 'drama kimono'....

She's vying with Hélène Berman for my most unfavourite designer. Our Hélène was very clearly just a plain old 'Helen' until she thought that far too pedestrian, and that she needed to Frenchify her name to lend her brand a certain, je ne sais quoi.

Silly old moo.
My pet hate....drama my arse! Unless you're talking pantomime dame...****** awful thing, would make anyone look the size of a tank!

Those flappy slits at the side are just grim. With some of the pieces you can imagine the fabric getting into anything, tripping you up or even strangling you or catching fire. I used to find it amusing but now it's tedious. But of course we know it may be polyester but it's not just any old polyester, it's magic Marla poly made to a secret fabrication recipe. Most of the shirts look like maternity wear, for which I'm sure they would be very useful - at a price.

For some unknown reason ( being a benevolent soul!!?) I have tried to see the attraction in anything that comes with the Marla Wynn label.Having the scars from being in the ‘rag trade’ everything I see is either a terrible cut & fit, rubbish fabric and finish hiked up to a rediculous price.Yet reading some reviews people have a wardrobe full, so that puts my ‘umble opinion in its place! Still a load of conning though.The show rumbles on and dear Marla is sewing away in her garage, as if.

P.S these comments are gems, such a laugh. Let the Marla pantomime continue to amuse.

Last edited:
I like some of the designs. The ideas are quite good: but the choice of cheap fabrics, poor cuts, terribly off sizing specially when you get to the plus sizes is dreadful. Just because your a size 18/20/22 does not mean your ankles and wrists are huge. And why is everything substantial longer in the arms and length because your a larger size? The larger you are the cuts need to be very very precise. I am a size 16/18 and the Medium on the whole fits me. But that can vary. oh and I only buy on Ebay. The full price is not worth it imo.

I've just watched the Marla hour (one of them, fast forwarded) on catch-up so I could see where you're all going wrong - which you plainly are. As Mr C will vouch, I can be Drama Queen Number One if it suits me, so on that basis I fit comfortably into the Marla stable. No, I'd better rephrase that because it makes me sound like an interfering old mare. I fit comfortably into the Marla ethos of high drama, high impact (whatever it is, I need impact) and high value for money. Trouble is, I don't do high price and I don't like being conned. So my advice to you is - live a little. Go for the sheety look but do it my way - sew up your old sheets and there you have it - instant impact and drama! And for even more drama, unpick your favourite trouser (which saves time because you only need do one leg) and sew that up again so it wrinkles. And there you have it - The gender-friendly (Strato, take note) high-end Look - but at a fraction of the cost! Cool. :cool:

Some of hers clothes reminds me of when my kids were little and they had a part in the school nativity play. I`d frantically roam the house for sheets, tea towels , bits of rope etc to make shepherds outfits or add an oversized Dad`s old shirt or Mum`s blouse with stuck on bling to make a King`s cloak or an old curtain and so on. All cut up , holes for heads to go through, make do sleeves and everything pulled together and tied with an old belt, a piece of rope or curtain cord. Mind you I think some of my efforts looked better and fitted better than some of Marla`s efforts and yep that`s blowing my own trumpet !

Latest posts

Back