MarlaWynne Fashion TSV 21/02/17

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Won't be buying this very pricey and also I don't know if it's just me, but I'm from a generation who do not like that sort of hemline - I think it's hideous, and I do like some of her range - but not this.

Won't be buying this very pricey and also I don't know if it's just me, but I'm from a generation who do not like that sort of hemline - I think it's hideous, and I do like some of her range - but not this.

I don't think any generation likes that hemline. QVC brainwashes people into thinking it's a flattering hemline, purely because it's loose fitting so they'll get less returns due to fit (or lack thereof).

I don't think any generation likes that hemline. QVC brainwashes people into thinking it's a flattering hemline, purely because it's loose fitting so they'll get less returns due to fit (or lack thereof).

I think you've nailed the reason for so many shapeless garments at QVC.

It's such a shame... When they first announced a Marla Wynn TSV I was excited. Unfortunately the TSVs have been an opportunity for devaluing the range and dragging it down to the lowest common denominator. Just as an actor needs a good script to shine... a designer needs a distinctive range not to sink into obscurity. Marla is a lovely guest, but increasingly her clothes just don't cut it.

Ah well you see Ellaaa, it's probably "big" on the catwalk and it's very "big" in London/New York/Paris/Milan fashion week with the colours being "big" this season, and it's a "big" trend too with it making a "big" fashion statement. It doesn't but the QVC die hards will accept this without any real evidence to back it up, because every single colour, when I've hopped on, is "big" this season.......what are the odds. :mysmilie_17:

Ah well Ellaaa, it's probably "big" on the catwalk and it's very "big" in London/New York/Paris/Milan fashion week with the colours being "big" this season, and it's a "big" trend too with it making a "big" fashion statement. It doesn't but the QVC die hards will accept this without any real evidence to back it up, because every single colour, when I've hopped on, is "big" this season.......what are the odds. :mysmilie_17:
More likely it plays and sells well with our transatlantic cousins... why try to sell to a smaller more fragmented market in Europe when there is a larger, more homogeneous market in the USA? Fashion doesn't come into it, I fear, just money.

More likely it plays and sells well with our transatlantic cousins... why try to sell to a smaller more fragmented market in Europe when there is a larger, more homogeneous market in the USA? Fashion doesn't come into it, I fear, just money.

I agree May, especially when they sew two pieces of material together and call it "Join" the name couldn't be any more fitting. You're right, 99% of everything QVC sell is flewn over from QVC USA, and it's their customers that pay for that delivery twice, once from America, and again to your front door, so yes in the words of ABBA and everyone to do with QVC it's all about the "Money! Money! Money!"

No Marla, again, and a top that could easily pass as that of any QVC US 'designer', by the looks of it.

For a while, Marla's range was fresh and interesting, but is now starting to look like QVC same old. Perhaps that's why she no longer visits.

Another one bites the QVCUK-fashion dust?

I bought the balloon dress when it was the TSV and might even have bought another colour at full price but the stock sizes/colours have never really come back in again.

I gather the last TSV dress was a dead duck and this looks as if it may go the same way.

Either she has lost the plot or more likely has sold the name which Q then slap on to the next China boatload. Reminds me of musicians who to complete 5 album deal chuck out a best of or cover versions sung in the bathroom anything to fulfill the contract and then they are out the door like a rat up a drainpipe

I reckon the buyers in the Fashion department are very prescriptive in their choices for a TSV which explains why we get a rapid rotation of shark-bite tunics, waterfall cardis and stretchy trousers. They may introduce a brand because (a) it sells well in the US or (b) it offers something different BUT THEN the powers that be or the buyers lose their nerve and only commission safe QVC styles that they're confident will sell.

MarlaWynne Placement Print Asymmetric Hem Lightweight Knit
Item Number: 163877
QVC Price £79.00
Todays Special Value Price £58.95
P&P £4.95

A flattering lightweight knitted top from MarlaWynne featuring short dolman sleeves with a round neckline and a floral silhouette placement print on the front. This great statement piece is so easy to wear for any daytime or evening occasion - simply team with smart jeans or trousers and your favourite jewellery.

Five chic colour options - the Soft White/Latte and Silver/Grey options offer classic colours which will easily work with many items in your wardrobe for any season. Whilst the Shell Pink/Black, Golden Green/Black and Dusty Teal/Forest options are great fashion choices to inject some colour into your look.

Look good, feel good- this chic knitted top has such a great shape and is the perfect length, which skims the body and flatters any figure, so you can not only look great, but also feel confident and comfortable too.

Loose fit shape

Asymmetric hemline

100% viscose

Hand wash cold

Colour options:

Shell Pink/Black
Soft White/Latte
Silver/Grey
Dusty Teal/Forest
Golden Green/Black

Garment measurements:

Chest: XS: 142cm (56"), S: 147cm (58"), M: 152cm (60"), L: 160cm (63"), XL: 167cm (66"), 2XL: 184cm (72.5"), 3XL: 194cm (76.5")

Length: XS: 57cm (22.5"), S: 58cm (23"), M: 60.5cm (23"), L: 62cm (24.5"), XL: 64cm (25"), 2XL: 66cm (26"), 3XL: 68cm (27")

All measurements are approximate

http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/app.detail/params.item.163877

NEARLY 60 QUID ???????? NEVER !

Who buys wonky hems now anyway, Join had loads of it today, and why wont they be told that flapping material around the hips is NOT a good look, - it just accentuates the hips not slim them down; and as for this tsv where the asymmetric is so defined it looks ridiculous.

Interestingly no-one modelling this tsv is holding up their arms ! they're almost holding their elbows in, because if you raise your arms only slightly the whole thing will just 'ride' up. Not 'easy' to wear methinks.

I've just watched a few miutes of Jackie and Jilly trying to convince us that this is a flattering style! It looks rediculous to me and can't believe anyone would be taken in by this claptrap and the price is daft. I think QVC have finally lost the plot.

Latest posts

Back