Maragaret dabbs

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I'm just guessing but if the file has a foam or sponge backing or core then water would not be a good idea. If not a rinse under the tap should be ok as long asthe abrasive surface doesn't look as though it might lift off. :64:

Yeh I've never bought any - kinda freaks me out too - is the emu hurt? or can u get it without them being killed? That's why I didn't want to buy

It's extracted from a dead emu afaik, the bird is bred and killed for food and this is a useful by product. The oil is in a pad like a saddle on the bird's back. Definitely not for me as I am on speaking terms with a live emu at an animal sanctuary.:64:

eurgh still puts me off even if a by product!! I'm not a veggie - but don't eat meat generally as the thought of it being a dead animal totally puts me off plus the programmes I've seen at slaughter houses puts me off too : (

I too wondered about the emu oil and how it was extracted as its never mentioned in any of the presentations. As it is such a prominent ingredient i.e. mentioned as part of the product name, then you would think that this would be explained. Don't think I will be buying anything from her range though as I still don't like the whole emu oil thing.

It used be common practice in the country to save the fat from roast goose in a tin and use it to treat minor burns and abrasions. While I wouldn't use it I don't get quite the same yuck factor as I do about emu oil. I don't eat a huge amount of red meat but I have to have some as I have a slightly restricted diet :( :64:

I noticed I while back that her Emu Oil products were being stocked in Boots. More recently they have been 75% off in there so I'm wondering if the British public in general do not like the ideas od Emu oil - I CERTAINLY don't!!!

Em xXx

It's extracted from a dead emu afaik, the bird is bred and killed for food and this is a useful by product. The oil is in a pad like a saddle on the bird's back. Definitely not for me as I am on speaking terms with a live emu at an animal sanctuary.:64:

I'm a fish-eating veggie (well, you know what I mean!) but I have to say, even if I was, the idea of putting that on my feet when there are other more, shall we say, botanical, alternatives would be enough to put me off. But a lot of people swear by it ...

Think I'll stick to the Nails Inc Mexican Lime range!

I noticed I while back that her Emu Oil products were being stocked in Boots. More recently they have been 75% off in there so I'm wondering if the British public in general do not like the ideas od Emu oil - I CERTAINLY don't!!!

Em xXx

More likely the price as they are not excatly cheap.

I'd say the issue is price too.

I don't have a problem with Emu oil like I don't have a problem with eating meat, although I'd rather it was reared ethically.

Allthough things have changed a bit recently the British public are far more driven by price than ethics, otherwise we wouldn't still be buying danish pork/bacon for price over the British pork/bacon raised to higher welfare standards. Or chickens at the ludicrously cheep price tescos drove them down to.

I'm a fish-eating veggie (well, you know what I mean!) but I have to say, even if I was, the idea of putting that on my feet when there are other more, shall we say, botanical, alternatives would be enough to put me off. But a lot of people swear by it ...

Think I'll stick to the Nails Inc Mexican Lime range!

are any limes harmed in the process of making the nails inc products :)

They do say that the emus aren't killed for the emu oil but that's because they are already dead as other posters have explained. I must admit I'm not too keen on the idea, I'm not a vegetarian but not a big meat fan and I prefer not to use anything that's a byproduct of the meat industry such as leather shoes, bags or purses but I know some people find this hypocritical - I guess everyone has to find their own way and I could never buy a cut price chicken or any other meat I'd much rather have a big plate of gorgeous veggies.

I quite like l'occitane's foot cream, I am also tempted by the new liz earle one but i might have a look at the nails inc too as I adore the smell of lime - its so uplifting.

Last edited:
I use Elemis frangipani monoi melt and their camellia oil on my dry ( and now very dry due to chemotherapy ) feet and nails because I already have it. I started to do this after watching Margaret Dabbs demo, she said that the emu oil is so good and not messy to use because being a natural oil the skin absorbs it easily unlike other products that simply sit on the skin surface. As I was not keen on the idea of dead emus and the cost it made me think of the Elemis products I had, brilliant results.

are any limes harmed in the process of making the nails inc products :)

No more so than when I make my margaritas!

Such a personal choice about what we put in/on our bodies so it's great to have a choice

The Nails Inc stuff is nearly miraculous - as an inveterate Birkie wearer and a hater of socks and slippers I get chronically dry heels and toes - the only thing (and I do mean the only one) that really helps with this in quick time is the Mexican heel balm.

Latest posts

Back