Mally on holiday!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Artemis

I'm a Kitchen Aid Maid!
Hi folks,
Got my Mally TSV yesterday and have been out in 96 degree heat in it for 5 hours, also had a meal.
I thought you would like to know how it performed under these conditions as many of you will, at some point, wonder which makeup to take on holiday, abroad.
As there was very little wind today, I glowed profusely, especially when we sat outside a cafe to eat.( TMI?....sorry:blush:)
Everything stayed intact apart from the eyeliner which is my existing one that came with her Citychick palette. That smudged a little in the corners of my eyes, but I always have to touch up eyeliner when it's really hot.
I love the blusher, it's fresh and natural looking. I was disappointed with the mascara at first as it took 4 coats to achieve flirty-lookin' lashes, but they still look flirty,which is an achievement.
The lipstick had melted slightly and the top bit fell off as I opened the packaging, which was disappointing. In the interests of research, I applied some with a lipbrush and wasn't keen on the colour, but, I'm nothing if not determined, so I went ahead and applied the gloss. Suddenly, I loved it! Birds sang, bells rang and I had the much-coveted bee-stung lip pout, which survived a lunch which included a salad drenched in olive oil. This would normally be the kiss of death (HaHa) but the lippy still looked good.
As I mentioned before, I'm very thorough so, when we got home, and after we'd put the shopping away,( because I'm practical, too), I asked hubby to kiss me passionately to see what happened.
Well, I should have seen that one coming(!)....as it were....and I can assure you all that not only will Mally take you through the heat of the day but it will also take you through the heat of the moment, too....
Hubby says that if you have any other ranges you want road-testing, he's up for it:wink2:

Hi folks,
Got my Mally TSV yesterday and have been out in 96 degree heat in it for 5 hours, also had a meal.
I thought you would like to know how it performed under these conditions as many of you will, at some point, wonder which makeup to take on holiday, abroad.
As there was very little wind today, I glowed profusely, especially when we sat outside a cafe to eat.( TMI?....sorry:blush:)
Everything stayed intact apart from the eyeliner which is my existing one that came with her Citychick palette. That smudged a little in the corners of my eyes, but I always have to touch up eyeliner when it's really hot.
I love the blusher, it's fresh and natural looking. I was disappointed with the mascara at first as it took 4 coats to achieve flirty-lookin' lashes, but they still look flirty,which is an achievement.
The lipstick had melted slightly and the top bit fell off as I opened the packaging, which was disappointing. In the interests of research, I applied some with a lipbrush and wasn't keen on the colour, but, I'm nothing if not determined, so I went ahead and applied the gloss. Suddenly, I loved it! Birds sang, bells rang and I had the much-coveted bee-stung lip pout, which survived a lunch which included a salad drenched in olive oil. This would normally be the kiss of death (HaHa) but the lippy still looked good.
As I mentioned before, I'm very thorough so, when we got home, and after we'd put the shopping away,( because I'm practical, too), I asked hubby to kiss me passionately to see what happened.
Well, I should have seen that one coming(!)....as it were....and I can assure you all that not only will Mally take you through the heat of the day but it will also take you through the heat of the moment, too....
Hubby says that if you have any other ranges you want road-testing, he's up for it:wink2:

that's because you are a glow box faerie. it is not mally's fault! :58:

lol :wave2:

i was about to ask you about the kit, fairynuff. aww, that's a shame!!

Glad you're pleased with it Artemis but I've just had to phone CS to send me a claim form as my Mally discovery kit never arrived.

Awww, what a bummer! I hope you get the chance to sample it at some point though as I'm not easily impressed, makeup-wise, but I love this.........:sad::sad:

EDIT ~ go for it, if it's in stock!

Makeup's been on for 13 hours, now! I'm just about to cleanse my face. My cheeks still look 'fresh', as do the eyes. The lipstick's disappeared at last. It's a definite:up2::up2::up2::up2:

I'm really glad you love it honey! When you road test make up you reeeeeeeaaaaaally road test makeup don't you! :D ! You should definitely post the whole thing in QVC reviews. Do thank your OH for all his help from me! (My, that man is dedicated!)

When I got back tonight there was a note through my door saying that my lovely neighbour has got a couple of what she called " suspiciously QVC-esque" parcels for me so since I haven't ordered anything else I hope this is my Mally make up finally here! Woooooooooo! :clapping:

On the downside, this does mean that she'll be able to nag me cos we both joke that I'm propping up QVC throughout the recession and she's doing the same thing with Next so we vowed to try not to spend for a while.

Although since she's been not spending at Next she's bought a new car, some GHDs - and I took in a rather humongous ASOS parcel for her last week so I have my own ammunition! :D

Exactly how early do you think it's polite to knock on a saturday morning? Ah darn it. If I listen out I'll probably hear her coming home in a bit. :D

I've become quite excited about your parcels!
We were shopping in the weekly market this morning, when a lady stopped and asked directions.I was speaking slowly in Greek, making sure I didn't mix up my right and left, when she reached up and touched my face and told me I had beautiful skin. In the direct way that Greeks have she said "how old are you, in your 40s? You have the skin of a young woman!"
I'm 62! I was and am, thrilled.:happy:

I've become quite excited about your parcels!
We were shopping in the weekly market this morning, when a lady stopped and asked directions.I was speaking slowly in Greek, making sure I didn't mix up my right and left, when she reached up and touched my face and told me I had beautiful skin. In the direct way that Greeks have she said "how old are you, in your 40s? You have the skin of a young woman!"
I'm 62! I was and am, thrilled.:happy:

That's lovely, what a really nice complement. That can't just be your new Mally make up though - no amount of make up can give you good skin so you must look fab anyway! I'm just jealous that here in North East Scotland we're in the midst of flooding and you're obviously in glorious sunshine having a whale of a time.......

I also got the discovery kit, and like it. Think the blusher will be better when I have lost my tan, as it gest a bit lost, but I tried it on my DD, who does not have a tan and it looked lovely (now have to hide it). The eyeshadow is great, love the shimmery grey, and I love the lipgloss, id does have staying power compared to others I have tried.

I'm really glad you love it honey! When you road test make up you reeeeeeeaaaaaally road test makeup don't you! :D ! You should definitely post the whole thing in QVC reviews. Do thank your OH for all his help from me! (My, that man is dedicated!)

When I got back tonight there was a note through my door saying that my lovely neighbour has got a couple of what she called " suspiciously QVC-esque" parcels for me so since I haven't ordered anything else I hope this is my Mally make up finally here! Woooooooooo! :clapping:

On the downside, this does mean that she'll be able to nag me cos we both joke that I'm propping up QVC throughout the recession and she's doing the same thing with Next so we vowed to try not to spend for a while.

Although since she's been not spending at Next she's bought a new car, some GHDs - and I took in a rather humongous ASOS parcel for her last week so I have my own ammunition! :D

Exactly how early do you think it's polite to knock on a saturday morning? Ah darn it. If I listen out I'll probably hear her coming home in a bit. :D

I think that knowing how excited you are about this, and knowing how desperate you have been for your parcels to arrive, she should have been sat on your doorstep waiting to give you your parcels, regardless of the late hour........

That's lovely, what a really nice complement. That can't just be your new Mally make up though - no amount of make up can give you good skin so you must look fab anyway! I'm just jealous that here in North East Scotland we're in the midst of flooding and you're obviously in glorious sunshine having a whale of a time.......

I do look after my skin and always have a high sun factor on my face. I don't use any special brand of skincare though, just whatever's under a tenner in our local Bootsalike. I'm a great believer in feeding skin from within, it is the biggest organ in the body, after all. All the creams in the world won't compensate for a bad diet and plenty of pure cold-pressed oils and keeping hydrated help enormously.

What lovely compliment to receive! I know what you mean about the Greek directness. My friends MIL is Greek and it took us all a while to get used to it. (but now I like it!)

You must have marvellous skin my lovely, and I can only think that the Mally make up enhanced it! :flower:

My lovely neighbour rushed round in her dressing gown this afternoon. She said her first thought on waking was my parcels so she brought them straight round - bedhead and all. :D She knows me so well - she said "I won't stop for coffee cos I know you want to rip these open right now!"

It's been all go here today though, and I already had my face on so all I've tried is what I could add to that easily. I think the blusher is fabulous. It gives that fresh faced bloom to my cheek, and is still on several hours later. I'm doing a friends wedding day make up next week and I'll have to try this on her to see if it's better than the BB pot rouge + Mally SSG combo we had previously decided on.

I've tried the eye crayon on the back of my hand and - even though it is coppery which wouldn't have been my top choice - I am blown away by the colour density and ease of blending. It would be amazing on ladies with darker skins who have trouble getting things to show up. It hasn't budged one bit on the back of my hand either.

The lip pencil I ordered is just what I wanted too. It's more of an all over lip pencil to wear under gloss than a lip outliner. The texture is very like the Px Delux / Sheer liners. V smooth with colour and shimmer. I think it's really pretty.

I've only tried the eyeliner system on the back of my hand. I did four lines, the pencil alone, the pencil with the pale powder, the pencil with the dark powder and all three as directed. So far (seven hours later) all the lines look just as they did when I applied them - so tomorrow I'll try this out on actual eyes!

I'm just cooking dinner now and then later I might get chance to have a proper play with it all. (blummen real life getting in the way of me playing with my new Mally make up - pah!) :D

It all sounds very positive LA. Do let me know what the eyeliner system is like. I wasn't quick enough, missed it and now it's on waitlist. Which colour did you get? Did I mention that I love eyeliner...:blush:.....maybe I did, once or twice...
I just KNEW you'd love the blush!
Ooooh, I'm all excited for you now!

Latest posts

Back