Mally Beauty TSV 22/11/16

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I just want to know how Mally can stand there and straight-faced say that she cannot bear the tin man look with Ali Young stood next to her looking... like the tin man!!!

I'm sure it looked OK when Mally's team had finished, but I just bet Ali went back for an extra dusting of the highlighter. She (AY) now has the "shelving effect" below her eyes, which makes highlighting a perilous endeavour.

The minute I know there is any kind of highlighter in a makeup collection, I know that Ali will indulge to excess and end up looking extremely odd.

Generally, over the years, Ali has shown a taste for excess in makeup (eyeliner which would make Dusty Springfield in her heyday look light-handed)... the obsession with glowy highlighter has to stop. It's ageing and looks daft under studio lights, however nice it may look in normal light (I remain to be convinced on this, but await Mazza's views on the subject :mysmilie_12: hee-hee).

Maybe it's a passive-aggressive dig at the permanently oblivious AY!!!!

I'm in two minds about this TSV - I loved the products in the last one (this newer mascara in the black tube is excellent) but do not rate either her lip glosses (they bleed into the extremely fine lines around my lips, I was horrified to discover) or her highlighters (the ****** strobing cream in an earlier TSV) was tried and rapidly given to an unsuspecting, grateful friend. I do however rate her eyeshadow sticks, they really are brilliant - not enough for me to want to buy this TSV though...must be strong!

I have just had another look at AY and her highlighter at the start of the TSV presentation on the iPad and she looks frightful. Close up with my reading glasses on so in good focus this time, she looks as if she has painted on a thick white stripe all round her eyes and not blended at all. It reminds me of that product stars put on which then gets picked up by flash photography which makes them look as if they have sprayed cocaine round their eyes and nose! I doubt it is the way anybody else would apply that product, surprised Mally didn't leap on her and tone it down.

Does anyone know anything about how tv cameras and lighting and that work? Is it possible AY doesn't use that much highlighter and it's something to do with flashback or things like that that make her look so blingy? Mind you I suppose if it's just her and not all the ladies that would obviously suggest she is using loads. Maybe being on tv exaggerates it, though. She didn't look like the tin man in person I don't think.

I watched Mally put some of her gel eyeliner on a model. Gosh what a mess, it looked rock hard + really pulled on the eyelid. I wasn't impressed. I will stick to my Cinique Quickliner.

Maymorgan, are you watching at 7.17??? OMG, I just turned over after The Archers and thought AY is looking better this hour, far less highlighter. Then Mally grabbed the product, wandered over and plastered it all over her face and neck! Then she attacked all the models. So maybe she was responsible for AY's tin man look.

Oh God, that model is the one who is her best friend. It is all too nauseating. I am off to Eastenders!

I have been on the stage a few times under very strong lighting in my am dram days and I can categorically say that YES any shimmery make up, pearlescent finish make up completely changes under the harsh lights. Those lights are very powerful and unforgiving and light bounces off and distorts the finish. The best stage make up is matte and bright or strong colouring as the harsh lights also bleach the colour in the eyes of the viewer. It's why news casters, male or female, wear a matte foundation powder as a minimum.

Having said that, this is the first Mally TSV in ages that has not interested me at all.

Maymorgan, are you watching at 7.17??? OMG, I just turned over after The Archers and thought AY is looking better this hour, far less highlighter. Then Mally grabbed the product, wandered over and plastered it all over her face and neck! Then she attacked all the models. So maybe she was responsible for AY's tin man look.

Oh God, that model is the one who is her best friend. It is all too nauseating. I am off to Eastenders!

Was still at work until 8pm, so will have to watch back.

Does anyone know anything about how tv cameras and lighting and that work? Is it possible AY doesn't use that much highlighter and it's something to do with flashback or things like that that make her look so blingy? Mind you I suppose if it's just her and not all the ladies that would obviously suggest she is using loads. Maybe being on tv exaggerates it, though. She didn't look like the tin man in person I don't think.

What I do know is that TV lighting is extremely bright and hot. For Ali, I think when she likes a product, she overdoes it. She seems to have got over her eyeliner fetish. At one point she had huge rings of the stuff around her eyes - even going back over her eyes after being made up for a particular makeup show. Perhaps that went out when she was having such problems with the thyroid and even she could see and recognise that she was emphasising a problem rather than enhancing her looks.

The highlighter application is not an easy one. Ali doesn't have (in my opinion) particularly good bone structure... and a lot of the current fashion for contouring and strobing is all about giving you the bone structure nature has denied you... and I imagine that she thinks if it's not high-shine product with lots of mica or other glittery stuff in it that it will be subtle... unfortunately not when you are heavy-handed with your application. She might not look full-on tin man in person, but I think it would still be noticeable.

If she'd just left off the highlighter (or put some on then toned it down and blended it in) she would have looked lovely, I think.

The side view of her face on the launch when showing off the highlighter was the killer though. Ali is a very outdoorsy person... and it takes its toll even if you are religiously using sunscreen... there is the wind and the cold... No amount of sunscreen and beauty creams can prevent the weathering which is evident under the highlighter in the eye area.

I do like watching Ali, but not so much for beauty tips as her entertainment value these days.

What I do know is that TV lighting is extremely bright and hot. For Ali, I think when she likes a product, she overdoes it. She seems to have got over her eyeliner fetish. At one point she had huge rings of the stuff around her eyes - even going back over her eyes after being made up for a particular makeup show. Perhaps that went out when she was having such problems with the thyroid and even she could see and recognise that she was emphasising a problem rather than enhancing her looks.

The highlighter application is not an easy one. Ali doesn't have (in my opinion) particularly good bone structure... and a lot of the current fashion for contouring and strobing is all about giving you the bone structure nature has denied you... and I imagine that she thinks if it's not high-shine product with lots of mica or other glittery stuff in it that it will be subtle... unfortunately not when you are heavy-handed with your application. She might not look full-on tin man in person, but I think it would still be noticeable.

If she'd just left off the highlighter (or put some on then toned it down and blended it in) she would have looked lovely, I think.

The side view of her face on the launch when showing off the highlighter was the killer though. Ali is a very outdoorsy person... and it takes its toll even if you are religiously using sunscreen... there is the wind and the cold... No amount of sunscreen and beauty creams can prevent the weathering which is evident under the highlighter in the eye area.

I do like watching Ali, but not so much for beauty tips as her entertainment value these days.

shes the funniest presenter and a hoot in real life. soooo funny. love her

Latest posts

Back