Luxform 4 Piece Stainless Steel & Glass Solar Lights TSV 02/05/16

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Luxform Set of 4 Glass & Stainless Steel High Lumen Solar Lights
Item Number: 50750
QVC Price £23.50
Today's Special Value Price £18.96
P&P £4.95

Light up your garden with Luxform's set of four solar lights, each boasting an impressive shine and a swirled glass lens to create beautiful, patterns in the beams. These sleek and modern decorations are perfect for adding some style to your garden, while also providing a useful source of light.

A contemporary quartet - solar lights are often sold separately but with this set of four you can easily transform your garden instantly, without wires or tricky installations to boot!

Make your mark - simply knock the spike into the ground to easily mark along your drive, garden path, terrace or porch. Plus, these can be a great way of lighting up remote areas, steps or tricky entrances.

From dusk until dawn - get up to eight hours of light from the rechargeable batteries and don't worry about leaving them on as the built-in sensors automatically switch the light on and off as the sun sets and rises.

Lights arrive pre-charged
5 Lumen light output
1 x AA lithium battery (included)
Soft tone LED lights
Remove strip in battery before use
Easy to wipe clean
Light (h x w): 46cm x 14cm (18.1" x 5.5")

Contains:

Set of 4 Solar Lights
4 x AA lithium Battery

Colour options:

Stainless Steel
Black Pearl finish

All measurements are approximate

http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/app.detail/params.item.507501

I thought the whole point of solar was that you didn't need to change batteries?

Have you had a poor experience with them? I was debating whether to get these.
p
Not the best on the market and not something I would buy again, garden centres these day have an excellent range, nicer looking and cheaper. No extortionate p&p although you do have to get there.

i bought a set from tescos about ten years ago still working. they have the old fashioned amber light. i replaced the rechargeable battery about 3 years ago on 3 of the lamps. these batteries last years i think its a back up.

qvc only guarantee battery operated items for 6 measly months

I've just ordered them. Bought them last year and they're still working. I think they are lovely and cast a gorgeous light in the garden. I'm only buying more because my dogs have broken one of them and you can never have too many lights in your garden.

Unless I'm missing something, and perhaps buying the wrong lights, I have never found any lights from Q or elsewhere that do what I want them to do, I don't want a glimmer of light, if I buy lights for outdoors, I want lights, my torch gives off more light than any of these, including those that get (for reasons that mystify me) fantastic reviews.

If I'm missing something - please let me know. I had a lot of these and ended up throwing them in my bin.

I like these because they give off a golden glow, which I prefer to the harsh white, also they create a diamond effect on the fencing behind. I've had loads of different solar lights that no longer work, these are the only ones that are still going.

I liked the solar lights QVC did some years ago, I've still got a couple working on their original batteries. I don't like Luxform, the 3 sets I have ordered all went back as at least 1 of the lights stopped working after a couple of days.

Bought the round glass colour changing ones last year they are now rusted round the switch and battery compartment very poorly designed would not touch their stuff with a bargepole despite what Jill (i bought these for my dads balcony) gauntlet says.

I bought the cheapest of cheap lights from Morrisons years ago with a kind of mosaic globe which gives out purple light. They still work with me having left them in the garden and just not caring for them. I noted that Morrisons now have in stock tennis ball sized crackle glaze lights that change colour for £3 each - no P&P. I might try them as Morries do give you refunds on things that don't live up to expectations. Not as big as the TSV mind you but you can get 6 for the price of 4 and they change colour as well - not sure if they do white as well to be fair.

CC

candycane just watch if they have a switch on the side it will rust up and end up useless as an electrician these things must be waterproof or they end up useless it was the crackle ball i got from qvc

The idea of solar lights is that the internal battery charges up during daylight (and the lights are off anyway during daylight).

When it becomes dusk, they turn on automatically, and stay on until the battery goes flat, say, in 6 hours.

Then they charge up again when it gets light in the morning.

Usually, they have 2 AA rechargeable batteries, totalling about 3 volts when fully charged.

But these lamps are unusual, they have one lithium battery which is 3.6 volts, so only one is needed.

Being a higher voltage, the lights should be brighter. And being lithium, they should stay on for longer.

I was tempted to get these but a friend told me not to bother the light is not very bright and the battery did not recharge after a few weeks and her garden gets full sun all day
she bought so new batteries but they still would not charge
Hubby took them apart and found the insides had rusted
I will stick to my wilkinson ones that have been working for four years with only one set of replacement rechargeable batteries

like lovinmist, i don't rate luxform - I have had numerous sets over the years and have always had a duff one in them, or they don't work for very long. You'd be better buying some from Asda or the Range.

Latest posts

Back