Lulu Guinness

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Pleased to hear you're both happy with your Eva's! It's a bag I will definitely get at some point, I like both the patent and smooth leather version so I'm sure it'll be back on air a few times and on some form of easy pays again.

I've spent a few days looking at/caressing Fifi and she's here to stay, she's really grown on me. Some bags you just feel really special holding, don't you? :heart: I cant wait to use her at the weekend. It's the fact that she morphs so easily into a clutch, no-one would ever know it had a strap. And then, ta-da! Sling it over my shoulder!

I wonder what sort of bag Lulu will choose for her next TSV.

I know lots of you ladies love your LG bags & enjoy using them.I gave in (without a drop of wine in sight!!) & ordered the Paula in Black patent which arrived the other day.It is a lovely bag (think it was a TSV at some point?) but when I read the reviews I agreed with some of the points like the name tag looking a bit tacky yet inside there was a much better metal name tag.I have however returned the said item, for some reason I have really wanted to love LG but for me they just do not meet the cost ( & I would be prepared to pay that much).This is the 3rd time I have tried a LG bag & returned ( how much has that cost in P&P!!) so in future I will leave alone for those of you who will truly offer 'good homes'--enjoy!!

I know lots of you ladies love your LG bags & enjoy using them.I gave in (without a drop of wine in sight!!) & ordered the Paula in Black patent which arrived the other day.It is a lovely bag (think it was a TSV at some point?) but when I read the reviews I agreed with some of the points like the name tag looking a bit tacky yet inside there was a much better metal name tag.I have however returned the said item, for some reason I have really wanted to love LG but for me they just do not meet the cost ( & I would be prepared to pay that much).This is the 3rd time I have tried a LG bag & returned ( how much has that cost in P&P!!) so in future I will leave alone for those of you who will truly offer 'good homes'--enjoy!!

I agree with you about the new tag. It's just a piece of leather tacked on. The bags she does for QVC are always of a lower quality, apart from the Amelia which (in my opinion) was better than the non-Q version - certainly in terms of design as it was more sturdy and secure with the extra zipped pocket.

I have to own up and say I am now deliberating over the Eva. I have some LG bags that are worth every penny of the £300+ I have paid for them, but there is something about this Eva that is making me think it's not worth £322 (or thereabouts, can't remember) It is beautiful, and I do love it, but if I am being totally honest, it's not worth the money and I think it's a bit too girly for me! I am going to think about it over the weekend.

MinxyKitten enjoy if you do indulge! What an item is 'worth' varies from person to person & we are all free to spend our hard earned cash as we please.

I only have three LG bags. A very old evening bag, the black Jenny and the pink Eva. I did have a bow Wanda but I sold it. I love my Jenny bag (bought for a snip at Bicester). I do love the Eva but its really not that practical. Lovely for an evening out or a lunch but not for every day. Mine is the mini in the bright pink. It tips forward when you open it.

The Mulberry Bayswater is my perfect bag. But I also adore the Tignanello French Tote which QVC no longer stock. Such a fun wee bag for less than £50. I think I have it in 8 different colours. Mostly bought from eBay.

I was at Bicester last week and was tempted to buy a LG bag until my DH reminded me I would never go anywhere to use it. So I ended up buying a lips tote for £27. It was beautifully wrapped and in a LG carrier. Now I have seen the quality of the bags in person I may end up buying a TSV in the future!!

Wait until one really "speaks" to you, even if you just sit at home stroking it. I rarely go anywhere interesting but they do bring me pleasure.

Wait until one really "speaks" to you, even if you just sit at home stroking it. I rarely go anywhere interesting but they do bring me pleasure.

Yes, I agree. I think I was initially blown away by it as it's so shiny and 'cute'!! But it's a lot of money for a bag that I wouldn't use that much. I use a big bag for work every day (still a Lulu!) and at the weekend I am more 'tomboy' compared to my pencil skirts and dresses during the week! I am feminine when I go out but that's hardly ever! So, I think this will be wasted. The mink Jenny will go well with my weekend wear so I am definitely happy with that. I tried to cancel the black Eva but it's been dispatched. I will remain open minded as, being black, it has more chance of being useful as a going out bag.

My friend just agreed to come to New York with me next year (inspired by CallMeQ!!!) so I should cut back on the bags so I can spend, spend, spend over there - yay!

I was at Bicester last week and was tempted to buy a LG bag until my DH reminded me I would never go anywhere to use it. So I ended up buying a lips tote for £27. It was beautifully wrapped and in a LG carrier. Now I have seen the quality of the bags in person I may end up buying a TSV in the future!!

Uh oh, look out, you'll become addicted!!! Ha ha! Glad you are happy with your tote. What colour did you get? I just bought my first tote, I love it!

But if you bought the right LG for you, you would use it. I use my Jenny every day. Not just for work but at the weekend when I'm going to the shops or the garden centre. The Jenny is quite an understated bag for LG especially in the nappa leather.

I love mine. And at Bicester prices then its not that much more than a leather bag from somewhere like M&S or Debenhams.

I agree re the Jenny. I have just used mine (the mink one) to take hubby to physio and will use it all weekend now. I have the large patent Wanda (v.old tsv) as a work bag. Previous to that I had the extra large Jenny (2 compartments) It's absolutely battered now with the leather worn through on the piping at the corners, but other than that it still looks good, and has done me for about 4 years of daily use with folders and laptop in and out all day!

My watches arrived. Very disappointed. Should have stuck to my guns (I never learn!) The first one I opened was damaged - one of the number markers had come off and was rolling about inside the face. The second one was fine, however, this (in my opinion) is a clear cut case of paying for the name! There is no way I would pay £150 for this watch. It's not even worth what I paid for it.

I hope everyone else is happy with theirs. Mine are going back :-(

Mine's due to arrive in the next hour so fingers crossed it's ok. I'll inspect it thoroughly when it arrive.

Mine's due to arrive in the next hour so fingers crossed it's ok. I'll inspect it thoroughly when it arrive.

Yes, have a good look. I hope the one you and others ordered are better than mine! I just called and they're arranging a free return for me. It is nice, don't get me wrong, but there's nothing that says £150 about it. I have had better quality from Next for under £50. Never mind. Fingers crossed for the rest of you :)

For us Northern Girls does LG have a shop at Cheshire Oaks?The prices seem more in line with the product!

For us Northern Girls does LG have a shop at Cheshire Oaks?The prices seem more in line with the product!

I keep meaning to go as I'm only 40 minutes away but never seem to get round to it, and never knew if it's be worth it re: reductions and whether they were seconds. Are you able to enlighten me Silver Fox?

Yes, have a good look. I hope the one you and others ordered are better than mine! I just called and they're arranging a free return for me. It is nice, don't get me wrong, but there's nothing that says £150 about it. I have had better quality from Next for under £50. Never mind. Fingers crossed for the rest of you :)

Hi there,

I received two watches today. You've had better luck than me. One was not as described. The strap is a different colour to the one as advertised on their website. Further, apparently they don't do the strap colour that I received. I phoned customer services to return it and they suggested I upload a photo of it to confirm it was wrong???? I then phoned again later and was told that the despatch dept would have to chat with me. In the end I have sent a curt email to the company and am waiting a response. I might just have make a youtube vid and send it viral.

My impression of lulu Guinness customer service is a throwback to the days where the customer should be "grateful" to own any of there items. Pretty silly and outdated these days.

Sorry my first post is a moan.

Glad to hear that you're to NYC minxykitten!!
I agree with pandy, the CS for LG are not great.
my watches arrived today, not opened the box yet though as i've just got back from a trip to london, i am scared to open it too!!

Hi there,

I received two watches today. You've had better luck than me. One was not as described. The strap is a different colour to the one as advertised on their website. Further, apparently they don't do the strap colour that I received. I phoned customer services to return it and they suggested I upload a photo of it to confirm it was wrong???? I then phoned again later and was told that the despatch dept would have to chat with me. In the end I have sent a curt email to the company and am waiting a response. I might just have make a youtube vid and send it viral.

My impression of lulu Guinness customer service is a throwback to the days where the customer should be "grateful" to own any of there items. Pretty silly and outdated these days.

Sorry my first post is a moan.

Welcome Pandy! LG CS can be hit and miss. They used to be amazing, really! There was one main girl that used to answer the phone (it was a landline number) and she sorted everything there and then, and followed up with an email. Now, I get the impression that they have a dept in a call centre environment as if they need to liaise with another dept they always get back to you. I haven't received confirmation yet so I will be emailing later myself. Don't give up Pandy, stand your ground. Get it in writing that they will refund your return postage. That's what I want them to do. The girl I spoke to seemed to be trying to raise an RMA, which we can do ourselves, but I stressed that I am not going to incur the return postage.

Ah CMQ, how was Gaga?!!! I hope you're pleased with your (5) watches! !

I have just tried red Eva on with my new navy wool coat. It looked lush! I may have to road test her over the weekend. May as well make good use of the 30 day mbg eh?!

Latest posts

Back